Air Fryer Vegetable Fried Rice –-Craving fried rice but don’t want to turn on the oven? No worries! Air fryer fried rice is a quick and easy air fryer recipe that will satisfy your craving. It’s also perfect for those times when you find yourself with leftover takeout in the fridge. Best of all, it only takes about twenty minutes from start to finish, so you can have this dish any time of day.
I love fried rice, but I hate all the fat that comes with it. The delicious flavors are overshadowed by greasy chunks of onions and scrambled eggs. But now there’s a better way to make this dish–using an air fryer! Using an air fryer allows you to get all the flavor without any of the guilt. This Air Fryer Fried Rice is sure to become your new favorite side dish or weeknight meal!
AIR FRYER FRIED RICE RECIPE
If you’re looking for a way to jazz up your late-night takeout, look no further than this Air Fryer Fried Rice Recipe. Not only is it healthier than the greasy fried rice you might find at your local Chinese restaurant, but it’s also incredibly easy and fast to make!
If you’re looking for an easier method of making air fryer baked potatoes then this recipe is perfect. You can even switch out the toppings with whatever fresh veggies or cheeses that you like. The best part about using an air fryer? Less mess and less time spent in the kitchen!
INGREDIENTS IN AIR FRYER FRIED RICE
Sesame Oil: This gives a great flavor to the Rice and helps your rice crisp up.
Rice: A great way to use leftover Rice, either homemade or take-out
Onions: Gives excellent texture to the fried Rice.
Vegetable Medley: Use either frozen or canned vegetables. The frozen should be thawed and drained, or the canned should be drained.
Soy Sauce: This is the ingredient that gives you the best flavor for traditional Asian Fried Rice.
Eggs: A great way to make traditional Asian or Chinese Rice.
How To Make Air Fryer Fried Rice
- Start by placing two teaspoons of sesame oil in the bottom of an air fryer safe pan.
- Then add the Rice and onions, mix in with the sesame oil.
- Mix in the vegetable medley
- Toss well to coat, place in the air fryer basket or oven, and set the temperature for 320 degrees F for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, mix well and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- After the 2nd time, mix well. Add two teaspoons of soy sauce and two more teaspoons of sesame oil. Mix well.
- Then add two eggs to a small bowl, and beat.
- Pour over the eggs over the rice and mix well. Air fry for another 7 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Mixing: For best results, mix your Rice frequently during the cooking process. This way, it cooks up perfectly.
- Leftovers: Cold Rice will work best, either homemade fried Rice or take-out fried right.
- Eggs: Make sure that the egg is fully cooked before removing it from the air fryer. You can also omit them if you are looking for an egg-free recipe.
- Rice: Traditional Rice used in fried Rice is either jasmine rice or long-grain rice.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce is the key to an authentic fried rice recipe. Add more if you like. I also would recommend that you use a low-sodium soy sauce.
- Sesame Oil: Use sesame oil, which will give you the real taste of the fried rice. Sesame oil is a great oil, with a nutty taste.
- Vegetables: Use any that you love, I made a batch with mushrooms sauteed, they were delicious! Add your favorite vegetables!
Fried Rice is great for leftovers!
Can you reheat Fried Rice? Yes, you can have this fried rice recipe again and again! It’s so easy to make; then it is one of my favorite meals to make on the weekend and reheat (in the air fryer, of course, during the week)
Can you freeze Fried Rice? Yes, this is a great way to make a side dish and then freeze it. Let it cool to room temperature, and then place it into a freezer bag before freezing! You can either reheat in the microwave or the air fryer right before serving.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Fried Rice
Air Fryer Fried Rice is a popular dish, but many people are unsure what to serve. The answer lies within this blog post!
We’ve compiled some of the best dishes to serve with your Air Fryer Fried Rice. So go ahead and scroll down to find out what you should be serving up next time you make fried Rice!
Some of my favorites are:
- Air Fryer Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings
- Frozen Dumplings or Pot-Stickers
- Air Fryer Chinese Buffet Crab Casserole Recipe
- Air Fryer Chinese Spare Ribs
Air Fryer Vegetable Fried Rice –-Craving fried rice but don't want to turn on the oven? No worries! Air fryer fried rice is a quick and easy air fryer recipe that will satisfy your craving. It's also perfect for those times when you find yourself with leftover takeout in the fridge. Best of all, it only takes about twenty minutes from start to finish, so you can have this dish any time of day.
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup vegetable medley (canned or thawed)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 large eggs
Start by placing 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in the bottom of an air fryer safe pan.
Then add the rice and onions, mix in with the sesame oil.
Mix in the vegetable medley
Toss well to coat, place in the air fryer basket or oven and set the temperature for 320 degrees F, for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, mix well and air fry for another 5 minutes.
After the 2nd time, mix well add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, and 2 more teaspoons of sesame oil. Mix well.
Then add 2 eggs to a small bowl, and beat.
Pour over the rice and mix well, air fry for another 7 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Once the egg is fully cooked (check before you serve)
Plate, serve and enjoy!