Are you ready to take your dinner game up a notch? Forget the same bland, weeknight recipes, and get creative with this Air Fryer Barbecue Chicken Crescents!
This is an easy meal that packs lots of flavors — sweet BBQ sauce blended with garlic, onion powder, and spices combined with tender pieces of chicken all wrapped in golden crescent dough. Not only will you be able to whip it up in no time thanks to the air fryer cooking method, but your family and friends will rave over its deliciousness as they dig into their plates.
The Best Barbecue Sauce Chicken Crescent Rolls
Looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor? Look no further than these barbecue sauce chicken crescent rolls! Made with juicy shredded chicken, tangy barbecue sauce, and flaky crescent roll dough, these crescent rolls are a crowd-pleasing dish that’s perfect for any occasion. They’re easy to make, using just a few simple ingredients, and can be customized to your taste by adding your favorite toppings, such as cheese or bacon. Whether you’re hosting a party, feeding your family, or looking for a tasty snack, these barbecue sauce chicken crescent rolls are sure to hit the spot.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Crescent Rolls
Are you ready to explore the wonderful world of air fryer cooking and create something mouth-wateringly delicious? If so, then allow us to introduce you to a new idea that combines two classic comfort foods – air fryer BBQ chicken crescent rolls! With this simple recipe, all it takes is a few basic ingredients and an air fryer to make delicious treats that are perfect for parties or just as snacks.
We’ll tell you exactly what ingredients you need, how to prepare them, and provide step-by-step instructions on creating these tasty treats right in your kitchen! Whoever said healthy eating had to be boring? Read on for more details about this amazing snack – deliciously easy BBQ chicken crescent rolls made in an air fryer awaits!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the post as well as the nutritional information.
- Crescent roll dough or Pizza Dough
- Cooked, shredded chicken
- Barbecue sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooked, crumbled bacon
- Seasonings and Spices: Garlic Powder, or Onion Powder
- Cooking spray
How To Make BBQ Chicken Crescent Rolls In Air Fryer
These BBQ chicken crescent rolls are a quick and easy meal that can be made in the air fryer in just a few minutes. They’re perfect for a party, game day snack, or a quick weeknight dinner. Plus, you can customize them to your taste by adding your favorite toppings, such as cheese or bacon.
Step One: Make The BBQ Chicken Filling
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, using the air fryer setting, preheat for 2-4 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken and barbecue sauce.
Step Two: Assemble The BBQ Crescent Rolls
On a flat surface, roll out the crescent roll dough and separate it into crescent roll triangles. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the chicken and barbecue sauce mixture onto each crescent dough triangle or rectangle shape. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon over the chicken mixture.
Use a fork to seal the edges.
Step Three: Air Fry The BBQ Chicken Crescent Rolls
Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray, or brush with olive oil. Place the bites in the basket of the air fryer, making sure the dough pieces are not touching, in a single layer.
Air fry the crescent rolls at 375°F for 5-6 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and crispy. For added flavor, brush with melted butter during the cooking process.
Step Four: Serving
Remove the crescent rolls from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Pro Tips For Making BBQ Chicken Crescent Rolls
Here are some pro tips to help you make the best BBQ chicken crescent rolls:
- Use leftover chicken: If you have leftover cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken, it can be a great time saver for this recipe. Simply shred the chicken and mix it with the barbecue sauce.
- Don’t overstuff: Be careful not to overfill the crescent rolls, as this can cause them to burst open during cooking. Use a spoonful of filling that’s just the right amount to fit in the dough without stretching it too much.
- Seal the edges: Make sure to tuck in the edges of the crescent rolls to seal them properly. This will prevent the filling from leaking out during cooking.
- Use cooking spray: To prevent the crescent rolls from sticking to the air fryer basket be sure to spray it with cooking spray, or nonstick cooking spray before adding the rolls. Or use a piece of parchment paper, to line the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Watch the cooking time: Keep an eye on the crescent rolls as they cook in the air fryer, checking on them every few minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking or burning. The cook time will vary based on the size of your air fryer basket and the air fryer you are using.
- Customize the toppings: Feel free to add your favorite toppings to the BBQ chicken crescent rolls, such as cheese, bacon, or chopped green onions.
By following these pro tips, you can make delicious and crispy BBQ chicken crescent rolls in your air fryer that are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
Best BBQ Sauce
The best BBQ sauce is subjective and depends on personal taste preferences. However, here are some popular BBQ sauce options:
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce: This is a classic BBQ sauce that is widely available and loved for its sweet and tangy flavor.
- Stubbs BBQ Sauce: This sauce is made with natural ingredients and has a bold, smoky flavor that is perfect for grilled meats.
- Bull’s Eye BBQ Sauce: This sauce has a tangy and sweet flavor, and is often used as a marinade for meats.
- Kraft BBQ Sauce: This sauce has a rich and thick consistency, and is a popular choice for barbecue ribs.
- Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce: This sauce has a unique flavor thanks to its infusion with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee whiskey, and is great for adding depth to your BBQ dishes.
- Homemade BBQ Sauce: Making your own BBQ sauce is also a great option if you want to customize the flavors and ingredients to your liking.
Overall, the best BBQ sauce is the one that you enjoy the most and enhances the flavors of your dishes.
What To Serve With BBQ Chicken Crescent Rolls
BBQ chicken crescent rolls are a delicious and versatile dish that can be served on their own or with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas for what to serve with BBQ chicken crescent rolls:
- Coleslaw: Serve the crescent rolls with a side of coleslaw for a refreshing and crunchy contrast to the warm and savory rolls.
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables: Roast some vegetables like broccoli, carrots, or sweet potatoes to add some extra nutrition and flavor to your meal.
- Air Fryer Baked Beans: A classic BBQ side dish, baked beans go perfectly with BBQ chicken crescent rolls.
- Potato salad: Another classic BBQ side dish, potato salad is creamy and delicious and pairs well with the crescent rolls.
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob: Grilled or boiled corn on the cob is a classic summer side dish that complements the flavors of the BBQ chicken crescent rolls.
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries: Bake up a batch of sweet potato fries for a tasty and healthy side dish.
These are just a few ideas for what to serve with BBQ chicken crescent rolls. Get creative and mix and match to create your delicious meal.
How To Store
If you have any leftover BBQ chicken crescent rolls, here’s how to store them properly:
- Storing: Let them cool: Allow the crescent rolls to cool completely before storing them. This will help prevent condensation from forming and making them soggy. Store in an airtight container: Place the cooled crescent rolls in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- Refrigerate: Store the crescent rolls in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Reheat before serving: When you’re ready to serve the leftovers, reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes until they’re heated through and crispy again.
By following these steps, you can store your leftover BBQ chicken crescent rolls safely and enjoy them later as a tasty snack or meal.
Some Great Dipping Sauces
Here are some great dipping sauce options for BBQ chicken crescent rolls:
- Ranch dressing: This classic dipping sauce is creamy and tangy, and pairs well with the smoky flavors of the BBQ chicken.
- Honey mustard: This sweet and tangy dipping sauce adds a nice contrast to the savory flavors of the BBQ chicken.
- Blue cheese dressing: For a more indulgent dipping sauce, try blue cheese dressing, which pairs well with the rich flavors of the chicken and barbecue sauce.
- Sriracha mayo: Add some spice to your dipping sauce with a mixture of Sriracha and mayo, which complements the smoky flavors of the BBQ chicken.
- Garlic aioli: This creamy and garlicky dipping sauce adds a nice touch of flavor to the BBQ chicken crescent rolls.
- Hot Sauce: For some added heat
- Barbecue sauce: For a simple dipping sauce, serve the crescent rolls with a side of barbecue sauce for dipping.
- Pizza Sauce:
- Serve with my simple recipe for homemade pizza sauce.
These are just a few ideas for dipping sauces to serve with BBQ chicken crescent rolls. Feel free to experiment with different flavors and combinations to find your favorite pairing.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer PIgs In Blanket
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Air Fryer Barbecue Chicken Crescents
- 1 package crescent dough, or pizza dough
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced–optional
- 2 tablespoons bacon, cooked-diced-optional
- 1 tablespoons parsley, for serving-optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, using the air fryer setting, preheat for 2-4 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken and barbecue sauce.
- On a flat surface, roll out the crescent roll dough and separate it into crescent roll triangles. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the chicken and barbecue sauce mixture onto each crescent dough triangle or rectangle shape. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon over the chicken mixture.
- Use a fork to seal the edges.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray, or brush with olive oil. Place the bites in the basket of the air fryer, making sure the dough pieces are not touching, in a single layer.
- Air fry the crescent rolls at 375°F for 5-6 minutes, or until they're golden brown and crispy. For added flavor, brush with melted butter during the cooking process
- Remove the crescent rolls from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Air Fryer