Air Fryer Everything Pigs In A Blanket — It’s the most beautiful time of year! The leaves are changing, football is on TV, and all your favorite foods are available to eat. This recipe is perfect for tailgating or watching the game at home with friends. It only takes a few ingredients and an oven to get these babies into your mouth.
Pigs in a Blanket are an American classic that everyone loves. This easy Air Fryer recipe will make you feel like your kitchen has been transported to the countryside, as it’s got all of those simple childhood memories attached! You can prepare these tasty treats for any occasion- from game day snacks at home or office parties with friends and family members alike; they’re perfect no matter what time frame one would want their meal served during: morning lunch boxes on school days…you name it!
Everyone loves air fryer pigs in a blanket. I elevated them a bit today and added some Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning blend on top. They were amazing. Coming up with Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket.
If you have not made pigs in the blanket in the air fryer, they are effortless and take just a few minutes to air fry.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Game Day Snacks, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER FROZEN SAMOSA, AIR FRYER PIZZA, and AIR FRYER STUFFED MINI PEPPERS.
What Are Pigs In The Blanket?
A pig in a blanket is an American classic for any time of day. The term typically refers to hot dogs wrapped with croissant dough.
There are several variations, including using cocktail sausages or Vienna Sausages. You can also use homemade dough. There wouldn’t be so many variations of this classic dish!
They all air fry up gorgeously in the air fryer!
What Does The Name Mean?
PIgs in the blanket refers to the cocktail wiener, which is made of pork (pig) wrapped in a blanket of dough. The name refers to any pork product (pig) wrapped in dough.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Everything Pigs In A Blanket
- Crescent Rolls
- Cocktail franks
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Everything Pigs In A Blanket
Start by removing the crescent dough from the package and laying it out on a cutting board since you will be cutting it. Then remove the cocktail franks. I drained mine so that they would drip dry, as they come preserved in water. If yours are still wet, just let them drain on a paper towel or kitchen towel. Use your judgment and cut the dough just long enough so it wraps around the cocktail frank.
In a small bowl, beat an egg with a fork. This will be brushed onto the top of unbaked cocktail franks. Brush the beaten egg and generously shake on the Everything seasoning. Spray your basket with olive oil, and this will prevent the dough from sticking to the basket.
Continue to wrap them until you have finished the package. I had to separate them into two batches, as they all wouldn’t fit. Do not overcrowd the basket. Otherwise, they will not cook evenly, or the dough will get stuck to each other.
Set the time for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F. (air fryer setting)
Dough: You can use either ruse recent dough or Puff Pastry. If you use puff pastry, make sure the puff pastry is defrosted first.
Cheese: Adding cheese elevates these. You can cut a slit in the hot dog/Weiner and stuff it with cheese. Some great options are shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
Pro Tips For Air Frying Pigs In Blanket
- To ensure that the pigs in the blanket do not stick, you can spray your basket or use an air fryer reusable silicone liner under the pigs in the blanket.
- Do not crowd your basket. Otherwise, the dough will not cook up properly.
- Use a spatula or tongs to remove the cooked pigs in the blanket; remember they are hot after cooking.
How Many To Make Per Person?
If you’re making the bigger pigs in a blanket, I recommend about 1-2 per person. If you make miniature pigs in the blanket, then 4-6 will be needed for your guests.
Can You Make Them Ahead Of Time?
While this dish is best when fresh, you can make it ahead of time! Just roll out crescent dough around hot dogs and keep them in the fridge.
The key is to wrap them tightly with saran wrap so the dough does not dry out.
How To Air Fry Frozen Pigs In The Blanket
They started selling them frozen in grocery stores. To air-fry them, they will cook up better if you leave them frozen. Then you can quickly heat them in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 330 degrees F (air fryer setting)
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN SAMOSA
- CRISPY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER TURKEY CROQUETTES
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED DATES
- 8-ounce roll of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 package cocktail franks
- 1 egg
- bottle of Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Start by removing the crescent dough from the package and laying it out on a cutting board since you will be cutting it.
- Then remove the cocktail franks. I drained mine so that they would drip dry. If yours are still wet, dry them with a paper towel.
- I used my judgment and wrapped the dough around the Cocktail frank and then cut off the excess. Otherize, just cut each triangle into 4ths, which is plenty.
- In a small bowl, beat an egg that you will be brushed onto the top of unbaked cocktail franks.
- Brush the beaten egg and generously shake on the Everything seasoning.
- Spray your basket with olive oil.
- Continue to wrap them until you have finished the package. I had to separate them into two batches, as they all wouldn’t fit. Make sure to spray the basket (air fryer) before you lie them on top. This way, the dough doesn’t stick.
- Set the time for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.