Hot dogs, they are the American food. It should be named American’s food. They are served across ballparks in our land. Every city/county/section of the United States has its own distinct flavors.
What few Americans know is that the first hot dogs came from Germany, and was originally sold in New York City with just hot dog stands/carts.
Air frying a hot dog is better than grilling, in my opinion. As it seals in the flavor in. If you have not tried them yet, they are amazing. And there are so many ways to fix them, from stuffed, to topped with hundreds of amazing toppings.
There are so many varieties of hot dogs out there, from chicken, pork, all beef, vegetarian, etc. And I’m sure many of you grew up with horror stories, about what is actually in the hot dogs that you buy at the grocery store.
Whether you are making these for 1 person or 100, here are some great tips, when buying hot dogs:
Invest in a good quality hot dogs, because there are so many fillers that they use to increase the size and taste of the hot dog, so look at the package and make sure that they are no fillers list, water, or preservatives.
When you go to buy a hot dog, look for a hot with low calories, ideally the hot dog will have no less than 150 calories and less than 14 grams of fat. Also, check the sodium grams, the sodium level should not exceed 450 milligrams.
Look for an all beef, uncured hot dog, which means that the hot dogs are free from artificial nitrates. Rather the hot dog is preserved with celery juice or powder, which is a natural way to preserve the hot dogs.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Great Appetizer Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket!!
This is a classic appetizer, made so easy and fast in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can refrigerated Crescent rolls
- 1 12 ounces package of mini smoked sausages (cocktail franks)
- Start by removing the crescent dough from the package and laying it out on a cutting board, since you will be cutting it.
- Then remove the cocktail franks. I drained mine so that they would drip dry. If yours are still wet, just dry them with a paper towel.
- I used my own judgment and wrapped the dough around the Cocktail frank and then cut off the excess. Otherize, just cut each triangle into 4ths, which is plenty.
- Continue to wrap them, until you have finished the package. I had to separate them into 2 batches, as they all wouldn’t fit. Make sure to spray the basket (air fryer) before you lie them on top, this way the dough doesn’t stick.
- Set the time for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F.
- Plate, serve and enjoy! My kids loved dipping them into ketchup and mustard.
Keywords: pigs in a blanket air fryer recipe frozen pigs in a blanket air fryer how to cook frozen pigs in a blanket in an air fryer can you air fry frozen pigs in a blanket how long to air fry frozen pigs in a blanket hebrew national pigs in a blanket air fryer air fryer crescent dogs air fryer oven pigs in a blanket