Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket are the perfect appetizer or easy dinner idea. Juicy Lil smokies pigs in a blanket are wrapped with tender, flaky crescent rolls.
Pigs In A Blanket Air Fryer Recipe
What could make a better appetizer or party snack than lil’ smokies pigs in a blanket? They’re easy to make, and everyone loves them. They are especially great for serving on a game day during football season! Keep reading for our tips on how to make the perfect air fryer pigs in a blanket.
You can have crescent dogs that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside in no time at all. Plus, you can customize this simple recipe however you like with different dipping sauces. So give this easy recipe a try today!
And if you are on the hunt for more incredible recipes, be sure to try out my Air Fryer Meat Pies, Air Fryer Cheddar Brats, and Air Fryer Stromboli.
Why You’ll Love Little Smokies In A Blanket
- Only 3 ingredients!
- They cook incredibly fast!
- Kids and adults will gobble up every last crumb
- Can be made at the last minute
- Minimal cleanup needed
What Are Pigs In The Blanket?
If you’re a cook, you’ve probably heard of pigs in a blanket. But what are they, and how do you make them? Pigs in a blanket are basically sausages(or hot dogs) wrapped in pastry dough.
They can be baked or fried, and they’re always delicious! We are making air fryer pigs in a blanket because they are super easy!
Ingredients Needed For Crescent Dogs
- Meat: Use either cocktail weenies, mini hotdogs, mini sausages, or Smoked Sausage: These are already cooked, which is why they work so well!
- Crescent Rolls: You can use any brand; I used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.
- Egg Wash: Egg and Water; this will help you get the golden brown color and helps the dough crisp up. You can also use cooking spray.
How To Make Pigs In A Blanket Air Fryer Recipe
Step 1: Place little smokies in a blanket
Start by removing the crescent dough from the package and laying it out on a cutting board since you will be cutting it. Then remove the cocktail franks. I drained mine so that they would drip dry. If yours are still wet, dry them with a paper towel.
I used my judgment and wrapped the dough around the Cocktail frank and then cut off the excess. Otherize, just cut each of the crescent roll triangles into 4ths, which is plenty.
Step 2: Add eggwash
In a small bowl, beat an egg that will be brushed onto the top of unbaked cocktail franks. Brush on the beaten egg.
Step 3: Air Fry
Spray your basket with olive oil. Continue to wrap them until you have finished the package. I had to separate them into two batches, as they all wouldn’t fit.
Make sure to spray the basket (air fryer) before you lay them on top in a single layer. You can also use parchment paper. This way, the dough doesn’t stick. Set the time for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Pigs In The Blanket
This easy appetizer recipe can be made in minutes with just a few simple ingredients. Below, we’ll share some pro tips for making the best Lil smokies pigs in a blanket tips. So read on and get cooking!
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket. For this crescent dogs recipe, you really want the hot air to circulate around the crescent dough to cook it up perfectly!
- Flipping: Depending on the air fryer that you’re using, you may need to flip the little smokies in the blanket halfway through the cooking process. This will depend on what air fryer you are using and where the cooking element is located.
- Timing: Since all air fryers are slightly different, it’s important for you to watch these as they cook up! Always remember to check on your food frequently as you air fry!
More Tips and Variations
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- When reheating, place in a preheated 325°F oven on a baking sheet until heated through.
- You can also freeze these as soon as they are cooked and cooled. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag, and reheat them in the oven when ready to serve.
- For a tasty variation, try sprinkling with some garlic powder, chili flakes, or even Parmesan cheese before air frying.
- If desired, the same recipe can be used for mini hot dogs instead of cocktail sausages. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly!
- If using canned crescent rolls, you can fill them with your favorite pizza toppings for a fun and delicious snack.
- Make sure to cut the crescent roll dough into triangles that are slightly larger than the cocktail sausages so they don’t fall apart in the air fryer.
- The cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer, so be sure to check after 5 minutes and adjust accordingly.
- If using frozen cocktail sausages, make sure they are completely thawed before wrapping them up with the crescent roll dough.
- Serve the classic appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces like bbq sauce, cheese sauce, or even ranch.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How many to make per person?
Depending on if these are served as an appetizer or as a light lunch. For an appetizer, I usually plan on 1 to 2 per person, but if you have them as the main meal, plan for 4 to 6 per person.
Can you make air fryer pigs in a blanket ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this easy snack ahead of time! The best way to do so is to roll the dough around the cocktail sausage and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Cover them tightly with plastic wrap, then keep them in the fridge before popping them into the air fryer.
How to reheat pigs in a blanket in the air fryer?
Pigs in a blanket are perfect for when you need to have something quick snack, and they reheat very well in the air fryer.
Just put them into the air fryer at 350 degrees F, then warm up again for 4-5 minutes or until heated through!
How to cook frozen little smokies in a blanket?
If you’re looking for an easy appetizer or snack to make in your air fryer, then look no further than frozen pigs in the blanket! This simple dish is a favorite among both kids and adults, and it’s really easy to prepare.
In just a few minutes, you can have a hot and tasty treat that everyone will love. So, what are you waiting for? Follow these simple steps to make this mouth-watering dish!
- Place the frozen pigs in the blanket into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 390 degrees F using the air fryer setting.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, and remove them when fully cooked.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Do you love air fryer snacks as much as we do? If so, check out these delicious recipes for even more fun ideas to make in your air fryer. From crispy onion rings to pizza rolls, there’s something for everyone here! So grab your air fryer and let’s get cooking!
AIR FRYER HOMEMADE HAM AND CHEESE HOT POCKETS: Looking for an easy way to make hot pockets at home? Look no further than your air fryer! These ham and cheese hot pockets take just minutes to prepare and cook. Plus, they’re a lot healthier than the frozen variety. So dig in and enjoy! 🙂
AIR FRYER MUSHROOMS & THYME GRILLED CHEESE: Mushrooms and cheese are a classic pairing, and in this air fryer recipe they’re made even better by being grilled. The mushrooms get perfectly tender inside while the cheese becomes nice and crispy on the outside. Serve them as a side dish or main course – either way, they’re sure to be a hit!
AIR FRYER BAKED BRIE IN PUFF PASTRY: Brie is a soft, creamy cheese that is perfect for eating on its own or pairing with a jam, honey, or fruit. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make baked brie in puff pastry. This dish is easy to make and sure to please everyone at your next party!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket
- 1 package refrigerated Crescent rolls
- 12 ounces mini smoked sausages (cocktail franks)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Start by removing the crescent dough from the package and laying it out on a cutting board, since you will be cutting it.
- Then remove the cocktail franks. I drained mine so that they would drip dry. If yours are still wet, just dry them with a paper towel.
- I used my own judgment and wrapped the dough around the Cocktail frank and then cut off the excess. Otherize, just cut each triangle into 4ths, which is plenty.
- Continue to wrap them, until you have finished the package. I had to separate them into 2 batches, as they all wouldn’t fit. Make sure to spray the basket (air fryer) before you lie them on top, this way the dough doesn’t stick.
- Brush the egg yolk, over the dough.
- Set the time for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy! My kids loved dipping them into ketchup and mustard.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray