Cheddar Brats in the Air Fryer are a quick and easy way to get a delicious meal on the table. Made with cheddar cheese and spices, they are crispy on the outside and full of flavor on the inside. And best of all, they’re made in minutes in an air fryer. So if you’re looking for a fast and easy meal that is sure to please, cheddar brats in air fryer are the way to go.
Brats are a type of sausage popular in German and Scandinavian cuisine. They can be made from pork, beef, or lamb, and flavored with garlic, onion, and spices. Cheese brats, or cheddar brats, are typically made with pork or beef, then smoked and flavored with cheddar cheese. This gives the sausage a distinct flavor that many people enjoy.
Cheese brats can be cooked in any number of ways. People enjoy brats grilled, baked, or even fried. They make an excellent addition to any meal and are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. So, if you’re looking for something new, consider giving cheddar brats a try — you won’t be disappointed!
While brats in an air fryer may not be the healthiest dish, they are undoubtedly delicious. Using the air fryer ensures that the cheese has time to melt and the outside of the brat gets nice and crispy.
Why You’ll Love Air Frying Cheddar Brats
- Dinner is ready in 20 minutes when you air fry cheddar brats
- Easy to customize with your favorite toppings or sides
- Only needs a couple of ingredients
- So easy in the air fryer
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheddar Brats
When it comes to air fryer recipes, there are few things more classic than cheese brats. Cheddar brats in air fryer is a simple dish and only requires a couple of ingredients.
- Cheddar Brats: You can use any of your favorites — I included my suggestions below.
- Dipping Sauce: Use your favorite dipping sauce!
Different Types of Johnsonville Brats
- Johnsonville Precooked Brats come in various flavors so that you can choose your favorite. They come precooked, so you don’t have to worry about under or overcooking them.
- Johnsonville Cheddar Brats offer all the flavor of your favorite bratwurst with zero effort. Johnson’s uses 100% real cheddar cheese in all of their cheddar brats.
- Johnsonville Smoked Brats are the perfect way to enjoy your favorite bratwurst without all the hassle of smoking the meat yourself.
How To Air Fry Cheddar Brats
Step 1: Preheat Air Fryer
The first step to cooking brats in an air fryer is to preheat the appliance to 400 degrees F. You want them to start sizzling as soon as they hit the basket.
Step 2: Cook Brats
Next, place the brats in the air fryer basket. Be sure to leave a bit of space between each one, then air fry cheddar brats for 15 minutes.
Immediately serve your air fryer cheddar brats with any included sides and enjoy!
Tips For Cooking The Best Cheddar Brats in Air Fryer
- Choose a quality brand – Many brands offer brats, but only a few prioritize quality ingredients. You want a brat that doesn’t have any cheap fillers and uses quality meat (and cheese!)
- Avoid overcooking – Most brats come precooked, so you want to bring them to an internal temp of 160 degrees F and then stop. Overcooking can make them tough and dry.
- Cook in a single layer – Don’t stack the brats and leave space between each one to allow the air to circulate through the air fryer. Overcrowding leads to uneven cooking. Cook in batches if needed!
- Oil the brats – Coat the brats in oil or spray them with cooking spray directly rather than spraying the basket. This keeps them from sticking to the basket and minimizes splatters.
Can You Cook Cheddar Brats In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook all types of brats in the air fryer. I have found that the air fryer cooks the brats perfectly and evenly.
In fact, I often choose to air fry my brats even when the weather is nice and I could choose to grill them!
How Long Do You Cook Johnsonville Brats in an Air Fryer?
That all depends on how you like your brats! If you like them nice and crispy, you’ll want to cook them for about 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F. If you prefer them more on the well-done side, you’ll want to cook them for about 20-25 minutes.
No matter how you like your brats, just be sure to check the internal temperature before pulling them out of the air fryer.
How Do You Season Brats?
Brats are incredibly versatile. Whether you prefer them grilled, roasted, or fried, there’s a way to cook them that will suit your taste. And when it comes to seasoning, the same is true.
One of the most important things to remember when seasoning your brats is not to overdo it. Because they are already quite flavorful, you don’t want to overwhelm their natural taste with too much seasoning.
In fact, I usually choose not to season my brats at all.
What Are the Best Brands of Cheddar Brats?
There are many brands of cheddar brats on the market, but I find some to be higher quality than others. I suggest these two brands:
- Johnson’s Cheddar Brats: Johnson’s uses 100% pure beef and 100% real cheddar cheese. The meat is sourced from grass-fed cattle, and the cheese is aged for a minimum of 6 months, resulting in a rich, flavorful bratwurst. Johnson’s Cheddar Brats are perfect for grilling, frying, or boiling and make an excellent addition to any meal. This makes Johnson’s my favorite for air fryer cheddar brats.
- Wimmer’s The Original Cheddar Brats: Wimmer’s uses lean cuts of pork and beef and 100% real cheddar cheese. The meat is fresh daily, and each bratwurst is handmade with care. Wimmer’s Original Cheddar Brats have a natural casing that gives them a snap when you bite into them, and they are perfect for grilling or frying.
What Do You Serve with Air Fryer Cheddar Brats?
You can put brats in a bun with your favorite condiments and eat them like a hot dog, or choose your favorite side dish.
Popular choices include sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Pickled red cabbage or spaetzle are also popular sides for air fryer cheddar brat.
Whatever sides you choose, serve them with a cold beer for the ultimate Oktoberfest experience!
Air Fryer Cheddar Brats
- 4 Cheddar Brats, any type
- The first step in cooking cheddar brats in an air fryer is to preheat the appliance to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, the brats should be placed in the air fryer basket and cooked for 15 minutes. Once the brats are cooked, they can be served with your favorite sides.
- Air Fryer