Homemade Pizza Sauce — Making pizza is easier said than done. Not only do you have to think about the perfect toppings, but you also need to get the homemade pizza dough just right and ensure you have enough sauce.
Fortunately, you don’t need a special culinary degree to make delicious homemade pizza sauce that can take your favorite pies to the next level – all it takes is a few simple ingredients, some basic kitchen tools, and a bit of time. Today, we’ll show how to whip up an incredible homemade pizza sauce quickly and easily!
Homemade Pizza Sauce No Cook
Homemade pizza sauce no-cook is the perfect way to take your homemade pizzas from good to great. Making your own pizza sauce requires minimal effort and ensures you know the ingredients, avoiding preservatives or additives. Plus, this recipe can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences.
Ingredients Needed For Best Pizza Sauce Recipe Italian
Who doesn’t love pizza? If you are looking for the perfect recipes to top your homemade Italian masterpiece, look no further!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make a fantastic pizza sauce that will tantalize your taste buds. Below, we will learn the essential ingredients to make a delicious Italian-style pizza sauce. The easiest pizza sauce recipe you have ever seen!
Remember the step-by-step and exact quantities are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Tomato Sauce: You can also use canned diced tomatoes after you blend them smooth.
- Salt: Use kosher salt or sea salt
- Oregano: You can use dried oregano, or you can use Italian seasoning.
- Basil: Use dried or fresh basil.
- Fresh Garlic Minced: You can also use garlic salt or minced garlic.
How To Make Homemade Pizza Sauce In Minutes
Nothing beats the flavor of homemade pizza sauce. You can control the ingredients and spices to make it as flavorful as you like, and it’s so inexpensive to make! Plus, making a batch takes only minutes if you have all your supplies ready – from the pantry staples in your kitchen to freshly chopped herbs from your garden. The best part? You’ll never miss out on authentic Italian flavors, no matter where you live!
Below we’ll learn how to quickly whip up a delicious batch of homemade pizza sauce with five essential ingredients. So grab a bowl and get ready for some finger-licking severe deliciousness!
Step One: Mix The Ingredients
Combine all ingredients, the tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, and salt, whisking them together.
Step Two: Add The Pizza Sauce To The Dough
Take your pizza sauce and spread it evenly over the pizza dough. Be sure to spread the sauce to the edge.
How To Store Pizza Sauce
Storing pizza sauce can be tricky, but luckily several methods can help keep your pizza sauce fresh and delicious. Here’s how to properly store your pizza sauce:
- Refrigerator: Place the sauce in an airtight container or jar and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: Pour the sauce into an ice cube tray or an airtight freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw out the desired amount of cubes or scoop out what you need from the container.
- Canning: If you’re making a large batch of pizza sauce, consider canning it with a water bath method so you can enjoy it all year round. Be sure to follow all directions when canning homemade sauces, as improper procedures may cause health risks due to bacterial contamination.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many pizzas can I make with this pizza sauce recipe?
This recipe will make enough for one large pizza. However, you can double or even triple this recipe.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes! You can double or even triple this recipe.
What is the difference between Pizza Sauce and Spaghetti Sauce?
Pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce are Italian tomato-based sauces, but they vary quite a bit in their ingredients and flavor.
Pizza sauce is typically made with canned or fresh tomatoes, oregano, garlic, basil, black pepper, and sometimes a splash of olive oil. It tends to be thinner than spaghetti sauce, with a slight sweetness from the tomatoes.
Spaghetti sauce usually contains canned or fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs such as parsley or basil, red wine or balsamic vinegar for acidity, and olive oil for richness and sweetness from brown sugar or honey. This type of sauce tends to be thicker than pizza sauce with a more complex flavor profile.
Should homemade pizza sauce be cooked?
This recipe is my go-to when wanting a quick pizza sauce, so the recipe does not need to be cooked.
Can I use ketchup as pizza sauce?
This is a very common question; I do not use it because I don’t like the taste, but if you find ketchup you love and want to try, go for it!
More Easy Cooking Recipes
- THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
- ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SEASONING
- HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT)
- ROASTED LEMON GARLIC MUSHROOMS
- SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH CANNED YAMS
- 4-INGREDIENT POTATO SOUP
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PANKO BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE
After making your own homemade pizza sauce, you will be rewarded with the best pizza that money can’t buy. Not only does it taste excellent, but it also is fun to make and requires few ingredients. You can customize the flavors in whatever way you want to create a unique pizza experience. The satisfaction of knowing you made it yourself cannot be replicated by ordering from a restaurant. Whether this is your first time making pizza sauce or you’re an experienced chef, this recipe is sure to delight everyone who tries it!
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine all ingredients, the tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, and salt, whisking them together.
- Take your pizza sauce and spread it evenly over the pizza dough. Be sure to spread the sauce to the edge.