Air Fryer Steak Tacos — Indulge in these delectable air fryer steak tacos featuring marinated ribeye steak cooked to perfection.
This traditional Mexican dish is a hassle-free and flavorful addition to your weeknight dinner lineup of air fryer recipes. If you are looking recipe for Taco Tuesday, this is one of the best; cooked in your air fryer basket and served with your favorite toppings, this recipe can not be beat!
Can You Cook Steak Tacos In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook steak tacos in an air fryer. It’s a convenient and quick way to prepare tender and flavorful steak for your tacos. Just marinate the steak, place it in the air fryer, and cook it to your desired level of doneness. Once cooked, slice the steak and assemble your tacos with your favorite toppings and tortillas. Enjoy a delicious and hassle-free meal!
Why Cook Steak Tacos In Air Fryer?
Cooking steak tacos in an air fryer offers several advantages:
- Speed: Air frying cooks steak quickly, making it an excellent option for busy weeknights when you want a fast and satisfying meal.
- Even Cooking: The air fryer’s circulating hot air ensures even cooking, resulting in evenly cooked and tender steak.
- Less Mess: Air frying is a cleaner cooking method than stovetop or grilling, as there’s minimal splattering or oil spatter—no need to clean up your cast iron pan afterward.
- Flavor Retention: The air fryer helps seal the steak’s juices, preserving its flavor and ensuring it stays juicy.
- Versatility: You can experiment with different marinades and seasonings to create a variety of steak taco flavors in the air fryer.
- Customization: With an air fryer, you control the cooking time and temperature, allowing you to achieve your preferred level of doneness for the steak.
In summary, cooking steak tacos in an air fryer is a convenient, efficient, and healthier option that yields delicious results. It’s a fantastic addition to your cooking repertoire, offering a quicker and cleaner way to enjoy juicy and flavorful steak tacos.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Steak Tacos
Preparing mouthwatering and the perfect steak tacos begins with selecting the finest ingredients. Let’s explore the essential components that come together to create this delectable Mexican-inspired dish.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Ribeye Steak: The show’s star, a quality ribeye steak, promises tender, juicy, and flavorful results. Opt for a well-marbled cut for maximum taste.
- Taco Seasoning: A taco seasoning blend infuses the steak with vibrant spices like chili powder, cumin, paprika, and more, elevating its savory profile.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice adds zesty brightness, enhancing the marinade’s flavors and complementing the richness of the steak.
- Garlic Cloves: Garlic cloves bring depth and aromatic goodness to the marinade, infusing the steak with their robust flavor.
- Olive Oil: A drizzle of olive oil helps seal in the steak’s juices, ensuring it cooks to perfection while adding a subtle richness.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: Simple yet essential, salt and pepper season the steak and the overall dish, harmonizing the flavors.
- Flour Tortillas or Corn Tortillas: Soft and pliable tortillas provide the vessel for your steak tacos, cradling the delicious fillings with every bite.
- Favorite Toppings (Optional): Personalize your tacos with an array of toppings, such as shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa verde, cheddar cheese, red onions, diced tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream, and salsa, to suit your taste preferences.
Each ingredient contributes its unique essence to create a symphony of flavors in your Air Fryer Steak Tacos, resulting in a delightful and satisfying meal.
How To Cook Steak Tacos In Air Fryer
With a few simple steps, you can make this traditional tacos recipe filled with sliced seasoned steak.
Marinate the Steak:
Combine taco seasoning, lime juice, minced garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil to create a flavorful marinade in a large bowl.
Place the ribeye steak in a resealable bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Ensure the steak is well-coated.
Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to an air fryer temperature of around 400 degrees F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes. This will give your steak a good sear.
Cook the Steak:
Remove the marinated steak from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
Place steak in the preheated air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding; if necessary, cook in batches.
Cook the steak in the air fryer for about 8-12 minutes, flipping it halfway through the cooking time for even browning. Adjust the cooking time based on your desired level of doneness (e.g., 8 minutes for medium-rare, 12 minutes for medium).
The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the steak and your air fryer model, so use a meat thermometer to ensure the steak reaches your preferred internal temperature.
Rest and Slice:
Once cooked to your liking, remove the steak from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to be redistributed.
After resting, slice the steak into thin strips or bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the Tacos:
Heat your tortillas briefly in the air fryer for about 1-2 minutes or until warm and pliable.
Place a generous portion of steak slices onto each tortilla.
Add your favorite toppings, such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream, salsa, or other preferred toppings.
Serve and Enjoy:
Serve your air fryer steak tacos immediately while they are warm, and the flavors are at their peak.
This method lets you enjoy delicious and flavorful steak tacos made conveniently in your air fryer, perfect for a quick and satisfying meal.
Pro Tips For Easy Air Fryer Steak Tacos
With a few simple steps, you can make this traditional tacos recipe filled with sliced seasoned steak.
Here are some pro tips to ensure your Air Fryer Steak Tacos turn out perfectly every time:
- Choose the Right Cut: Opt for ribeye, sirloin, or flank steak for the best flavor and tenderness. These cuts work well in the air fryer and are ideal for tacos.
- Thin Slices: Slice the steak into thin, even pieces. This allows for quicker and more even cooking in the air fryer.
- Marinating Time: Marinate the steak for at least 30 minutes, but longer if possible. This helps infuse the meat with flavor and tenderizes it.
- Pat Dry: Paint the marinated steak dry with paper towels before cooking. Excess moisture can hinder browning and crisping in the air fryer.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer for a few minutes before adding the steak. This ensures even cooking from the start.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Cook the steak in batches if necessary to allow proper air circulation.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: To achieve your desired level of doneness, use a meat thermometer to check the steak’s internal temperature. Medium-rare is around 135°F (57°C), medium is about 145°F (63°C), and medium-well is around 155°F (68°C).
- Resting Time: After cooking, let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing. This helps retain juices and ensures a juicy, tender result.
- Warm Tortillas: Warm your tortillas in the air fryer for a minute or two before assembling your tacos. This makes them pliable and enhances their flavor.
- Customize Toppings: Customize your taco toppings to suit your preferences. Fresh ingredients like salsa, guacamole, lemon juice, dry rub, cilantro, and lime wedges can add flavor and freshness.
- Serve Fresh: Enjoy your steak tacos immediately after assembling to savor their optimal taste and texture.
By following these pro tips, you’ll elevate your Air Fryer Steak Tacos to restaurant-quality perfection, ensuring a delightful and satisfying meal every time.
FAQ’s: Air Fried Steak Taco Recipe
Can I use a different cut of steak for these tacos?
While ribeye, sirloin, and flank steak are commonly used for steak tacos, you can experiment with other cuts, such as skirt steak or flank steak. Just keep in mind that different cuts may require slightly different cook time and can result in varying levels of tenderness.
What’s the best way to marinate the steak for maximum flavor?
To marinate the steak effectively, ensure it’s evenly coated in the marinade. Massage the marinade into the meat using a resealable bag or a shallow dish. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but longer marinating times, even overnight, can enhance flavor.
How can I prevent the tortillas from getting soggy?
To prevent tortillas from becoming soggy, avoid overfilling them with juicy ingredients. Warm the tortillas in the air fryer before assembling the tacos to make them more moisture-resistant.
Can I cook the steak to well-done in the air fryer?
You can cook the steak well in the air fryer by adjusting the cooking time. However, be mindful that lean cuts like sirloin or flank steak may become less tender when cooked well done. Using a meat thermometer will help you achieve the desired level of doneness.
Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for air fryer tacos?
Absolutely! You can make delicious vegetarian or vegan tacos in the air fryer by using ingredients like marinated tofu, tempeh, or even air-fried vegetables as the main filling. Be sure to use plant-based tortillas and toppings to complete the dish.
Can I prepare the steak in advance and reheat it in the air fryer for tacos later?
Yes, you can precook the steak and reheat it in the air fryer when you’re ready to make tacos. Reheat it at a lower temperature to prevent overcooking, and remember to let the steak rest before slicing for juicier results.
What’s the best way to store leftover steak tacos?
Store leftover steak and assemble tacos separately. Place the cooked steak in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Store toppings and tortillas separately. Reheat the steak in the air fryer or microwave when ready to enjoy.
Can I freeze cooked steak for later use in tacos?
Yes, you can freeze cooked steak for later use in tacos. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. Label it with the date and use it within a few months for the best quality.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER SHRIMP DEVILED EGGS
- AIR FRYER SCRAMBLED EGGS
- EASY AIR FRYER HARD-BOILED EGGS
- LOW-CARB AIR FRYER SCOTCH EGGS
- AIR FRYER POACHED EGGS
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Steak Tacos
- 1 lb ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 small tortillas
Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream, salsa, etc.
- In a bowl, combine taco seasoning, lime juice, minced garlic, and olive oil to create a flavorful marinade.
- Place the thinly sliced ribeye steak in a resealable bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Ensure the steak is well-coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes.
- Remove the marinated steak from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Place the steak in the preheated air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding; if necessary, cook in batches to allow proper air circulation.
- Cook the steak in the air fryer for about 8-12 minutes, flipping it halfway through the cooking time for even browning. Adjust the cooking time based on your preferred level of doneness.
- After cooking, remove the steak from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute.
- Slice the steak into thin strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Place the small tortillas in the air fryer for about 1-2 minutes or until they are warm and pliable.
- Place a generous portion of sliced steak onto each tortilla.
- Add your favorite toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream, salsa, or any other preferred toppings.
- Serve your Air Fryer Steak Tacos immediately while they are warm and the flavors are at their peak.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Thinly sliced steak ensures quick and even cooking in the air fryer.
- Marinate the steak for maximum flavor and tenderness.
- Preheat the air fryer for even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket; cook in batches if needed.
- Use a meat thermometer to achieve your preferred level of doneness.
- Customize your toppings to suit your taste.