Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs — A really easy way to make scrambled eggs. They are one of my family’s favorite and so easy to whip up in the air fryer.
The air fryer is one of my favorite appliances. I love that it crisps up food without adding a lot of extra oil. So, when I saw a recipe for Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs, I knew I had to try it! The result was amazing – fluffy eggs with a crispy coating. If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option, you need to check out this recipe!
I actually made these at one of my son’s hockey tournaments, because trust me feeding 30 teenage boys breakfast can get expensive. So, a bunch of moms (including me), brought our air fryers and Instant Pots. I did the eggs in both the Instant Pot and Air Fryer because, trust me, they can eat a lot after a hockey game!
If you are looking for even more air fryer egg recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BARNYARD BUSTER WRAP, AIR FRYER CHORIZO EGG MUFFINS, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE, and AIR FRYER VEGGIE AND EGG BITE CUPS (KETO AND LOW-CARB).
Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
While this scrambled eggs air fryer recipe is straightforward, it’s still much easier to make a batch of eggs (scrambled) on a skillet. But if you are on vacation or in a hotel room, making eggs in the air fryer will give you a perfect plate of scrambled eggs — all you need is a place to plug it in!
While today I only made a simple batch of scrambled eggs, the toppings are endless; you can even have a scrambled egg bar, where everyone adds their own toppings for a great breakfast!
Unlike most air fryer recipes, you will need to add a baking pan. So grab an accessory kit on Amazon, and you can make scrambled eggs right in your air fryer — it’s so easy!
Why You’ll Love Air Fried Scrambled Eggs
- Perfect for vacations and camping
- Ready in minutes
- Easy clean up
- Just 2 ingredients
Ingredients For Making Eggs In Air Fryer
All you need is a little oil and as many eggs as you want to cook! I was able to cook 6 eggs in the pan at one time, so be sure to cook in batches if you need to make a larger amount.
Season with salt and black pepper, or get more creative with your spices. You could even sprinkle some shredded cheese onto the scrambled eggs in the air fryer at the end!
How To Make Scrambled Eggs In Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Start by preheating the air fryer. I added oil to my pan and let it heat in the air fryer at 220 degrees F for about 1 minute. You can do the same with butter if you prefer.
Step 2: Mix eggs with seasoning
Then in a small bowl, mix together the eggs, salt, and pepper with a whisk or fork.
Step 3: Cook the eggs
Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the melted butter, then place the pan back into the air fryer.
Set the time for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, scrape the pan, then cook your scrambled eggs in the air fryer for another 2 minutes.
Repeat until the eggs are done the way YOU want. I tend to like mine a bit soft, so 4 minutes is a good amount of time.
You may need to cook for 6-8 minutes total to get them firm and cooked all the way through.
Step 4: Serve
Once your fried scrambled eggs look done, plate them up and dig in! Now’s the time to add any extra seasonings or toppings you might like as well.
- Watch the eggs carefully! Since every air fryer is different, yours might be done faster or could take even longer.
- Don’t forget to stir. This helps the eggs actually scramble and keeps them from becoming stuck to the pan.
- Always use oil. It’s important to grease the pan first when making eggs in the air fryer. Cooking spray or a bit of oil (canola or avocado) will do the job, but butter works too.
- Make them creamy. If you’d like, you can add a splash of milk or cream to the eggs with the salt and pepper.
Toppings And Mix-Ins For Fried Scrambled Eggs
The possibilities really are endless, so get creative and try some new flavors! Or, set out a variety of options and let everyone pick and choose their favorites. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Veggies: Chopped onion or bell pepper would be an easy addition. Or use up some leftover squash or caramelized onions.
- Fresh Herbs: Chives and cilantro add a bit of freshness to your plate.
- Hot Sauce: Kick things up a notch with a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce. Mix it in before cooking your scrambled eggs in the air fryer or add it once they’re done.
- Salsa: Another easy way to add both heat and veggies!
- Cheese: Sprinkle shredded cheese over the air fryer scrambled eggs during the last minute of cooking. Or mix it in just before serving.
- Seasonings: Garlic and onion powder go with just about everything. You could even add some smoked paprika.
What Temperature Should I Cook Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs?
The truth is that the lowest, the better. While this scrambled eggs air fryer recipe will not be faster than using your stovetop, it will work if you are at a hotel or on vacation.
I used 220 degrees F so that the eggs were not rubbery, and I would not recommend a higher temperature. Otherwise, you will find your eggs look and taste like plastic.
How Do You Store Leftover Eggs?
I really would recommend cooking just what you plan to eat, especially if you aren’t near a refrigerator.
That said, you can refrigerate leftover air fryer scrambled eggs for up to 2 days. Store in an airtight container and reheat in the air fryer or microwave.
How To Cook Air Fryer Bacon And Eggs
Looking to make a quick batch of scrambled eggs and bacon, the perfect American breakfast?
Since we are using such a low temperature for the eggs, I recommend that you cook the scrambled eggs in the air fryer first before making a batch of bacon.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Egg Recipes
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DO NOT FORGET TO PIN AND AIR FRYER SCRAMBLED EGGS—
Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by preheating the air fryer. I put my butter in the pan to melt and left it at 220 degrees F. For about 1 minute.
- Then in a small bowl, mix the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the melted butter and place it back into the air fryer. Then set the time for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, scrape the pan, and then add another 2 minutes. Repeat until the eggs are done the way YOU want.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer