Air Fryer Chorizo Egg Muffins are a delicious and easy breakfast option that will keep you full all morning.
This is a very tasty breakfast, and it’s so good and easy when made into the air fryer, Air Fryer Chorizo Egg Muffins. They are flavorful, and they are fast. So, if you are looking for a low-carb and KETO-friendly breakfast option, this is a great one.
I love a great breakfast, and this is a great one that you can prep all of the ingredients the night before, and then whip up, while you are getting ready for work or school, or just enjoying your morning coffee.
Air Fryer Chorizo Egg Muffins Recipe
If you are looking for a protein-rich meal, this has all of the elements, which will keep you and the kids satisfied until lunch. Made with chorizo sausage, eggs, onions, peppers, and a healthy serving of cheddar cheese. These are delightful to eat.
And if you want to make a batch ahead, on Sunday you can keep these in the refrigerator for a few days. Great for meal prepping.
Ingredients For Todays Egg Muffin:
- Chorizo Sausage
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green Bell Peppers
- Red Bell Peppers
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, and Dried Oregano
In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, chorizo sausage, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onions, cheese and seasonings. Mix well.
Spray your muffin cups or silicone molds with non-stick cooking spray, and then pour the egg mixture in, filling about 2/3 way full. Set them into the air fryer for 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 6-9 minutes.
SOME COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT THIS RECIPE AND MAKING EGGS IN THE AIR FRYER-
CAN EGG BITES MOLDS BE USED IN THE AIR FRYER?
Yes, while I prefer to use these baking cups in the air Fryer, You can also use Silicone molds.
These are perfectly fine to use in the air fryer. And they usually come with an Air Fryer Accessory Kit, purchased off Amazon. These silicone cups from Amazon are perfect to use.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER EGG BITES CUPS
- Start by figuring out what ingredients you want in your egg cups; you can use all of your favorite ingredients. Today, I used simple ground (cooked) sausages, eggs, cream, and seasonings, and added some shredded cheese and diced vegetables.
- Mix them well.
- Pour the ingredients into a cooking cup (any option listed above)
- Then place them into your air fryer basket.
- Air Fry your heart content.
WHAT TEMPERATURE IS USED TO COOK AIR FRYER EGG BITES?
After several attempts with both my Air Fryer Crisp, Mealthy Lid and Vortex Plus, and my Power Air Fryer, I have determined that 320 F is the perfect temperature, as the tops do not get browned too quickly, and the cook nice through.
HOW LONG TO COOK EGG BITES IN AIR FRYER?
While every air fryer cooks slightly differently, the ideal time at 320 degrees F was between 6-9 minutes. So, at the 6-minute mark, insert a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, remove them from the air fryer. Otherwise, if your toothpick comes out with liquid on it, add a couple of minutes.
SILICONE EGG BITES MOLDS AIR FRYER COOK TIME
The same time was used either in an air fryer silicone mold, a cupcake tray, or baking cups.
RE AIR FRYER EGG BITE CUPS FREEZER FRIENDLY?
Oh yeah, make a batch on the weekend, and then let them cool to room temperature.
Place them on a baking tray, and pop them into the freezer. When they are individually frozen solid, remove them, and place them in a freezer bag. T
These egg bites will last for about 1-2 months.
HOW LONG WILL THE EGG BITES KEEP IN THE FRIDGE?
If you want to make a batch for the week, my suggestion is to wrap them tightly in saran wrap, and they will last between 3 to 4 days.
MORE AIR FRYER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER FROZEN HASH BROWN PATTIES
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
- EASY AIR FRYER RICOTTA TOAST WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND TOMATOES
- AIR FRYER BAKED APPLE TOAST
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED WHILE MAKING THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer Chorizo Egg Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked chorizo sausage
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onions, red bell peppers, green bell peppers cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, chorizo sausage, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onions, cheese and seasonings. Mix well.
- Spray your muffin cups or silicone molds with non-stick cooking spray, and then pour the egg mixture in, filling about 2/3 way full. Set them into the air fryer for 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 6-9 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Cups, You can use oven-safe ramekins