If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast or snack idea, look no further than air fryer ricotta toast. Ricotta is light and creamy, and it pairs perfectly with various toppings. You can keep things simple with a sprinkle of salt and pepper or get creative with your favorite herbs and spices. Plus, this dish is ready in just minutes! Give air fryer ricotta toast a try today. You won’t be disappointed.
If you’re anything like me, you love finding new ways to enjoy breakfast. And if you’re also like me, you love cheese. So why not combine those two loves and make some air fryer ricotta toast? It’s a quick and easy way to start your day on the right foot. Plus, it’s a great way to use any leftover ricotta from other recipes. Give it a try!
This is one of my favorite breakfasts, and I made it in the air fryer while brewing my coffee—Air Fryer Ricotta Toast with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes.
It started with roasted tomatoes, garlic, and walnuts, roasting in the air fryer, which made my kitchen smell so good. Then I toasted the bread (in the air fryer while the roasted tomatoes were cooling down), buttered the toast with a whipped Ricotta, pilled the roasted garlic, tomatoes, and walnuts on top, and sprinkled the toast with shredded Parmesan cheese, diced chives, and parsley.
What You Need For Air Fryer Ricotta Toast
Whether a novice cook or an experienced chef, there are some essential kitchen tools that everyone should have. And the air fryer is one of those tools. If you don’t have one yet, it’s time to invest in one! They’re so versatile and perfect for making quick and easy meals. This ricotta toast is the perfect example. You only need a few simple ingredients, and your air fryer will do all the work. So give it a try and see how delicious this toast can be!
Bread: Any bread will work. I prefer crusty bread, such as sourdough or Aritstian bread.
Ricotta: Nothing beats whipped ricotta cheese. You can use homemade or store-bought.
Toppings: Anything will work here, from a vegetable-packed ricotta toast to protein and fruit! Use whatever is in season for a delightful breakfast, brunch, lunch, or snack!
How To Make Air Fryer Ricotta Toast
Mix the grape tomatoes, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Mix well, so everything is well coated with olive oil. This helps the air fryer roast the vegetables. Pour the mixture into the air fryer basket and set the time for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Remove and let it slightly cool. Add your toast for about 2-3 minutes at 330 degrees F. Remove the toast and spread the ricotta cheese on top. Sprinkle with the roasted tomato mixture, sprinkle Parmesan cheese, chives, and parsley.
Whipped Ricotta vs. Plain Ricotta Cheese
Ricotta toast is fantastic with just about any type of cheese right out of the tub, seasoned on top. But if you want to make your meal complete and delicious- try adding some whipped Ricottas.
Whipped Ricotta Cheese: Whipped ricotta is the perfect addition to this toast. It has a light and airy texture that tastes amazing!
How To Make Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Are you looking for an easy way to make your cheese? Ricotta cheese is a great option, and it’s simple to make at home. You can have fresh ricotta cheese that’s perfect for recipes or snacking in just a few steps. One of my favorite recipes is found here. It’s easy to make and delicious!
Ricotta Toast Topping Ideas
If you’re like me, you probably enjoy a good piece of toast in the morning. But have you ever tried topping your toast with ricotta? It’s a simple way to add a little something extra to your breakfast routine, and the options for toppings are endless. Here are some of my favorite ricotta toast toppings:
- Jam: This is a classic option and always a winner.
- Nutella: Nutella is perfect for those mornings when you need an extra energy boost.
- Bananas: Sliced bananas are a great way to add potassium and sweetness to your toast.
- Honey: A little honey goes a long way, and it pairs perfectly with ricotta.
Is Ricotta Healthy?
Though ricotta is often overlooked in favor of more popular cheeses like mozzarella and cheddar, it’s worth giving this Italian cheese a try. Ricotta is lower in fat than other cheeses and is a good protein, calcium, and phosphorus source. It also has a relatively mild flavor that pairs well with sweet and savory dishes. Whether you’re using ricotta to make lasagna or tiramisu or just spreading it on some toast, there are plenty of ways to enjoy this healthy cheese.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Ideas
Are you looking for some new air fryer breakfast ideas? If so, you’re in luck! In this post, we’ll share some of our favorite recipes for air fryer breakfasts. From eggs to pancakes to French toast, there’s something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- AIR FRYER PUFF PASTRY CINNAMON ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHERRY OATMEAL BREAKFAST BAKE
- EASY AIR FRYER HOMEMADE BISCUITS
- AIR FRYER CARAMELIZED LEEKS AND ARTICHOKE QUICHE
- AIR FRYER PANCAKE DONUTS RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER ELOTE AVOCADO TOAST
- AIR FRYER KODIAK CAKE WAFFLES
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Ricotta Toast
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 cup walnuts, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspon black pepper
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chives, diced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, diced
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the grape tomatoes, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well, so everything is well coated with olive oil. This helps the air fryer roast the vegetables.
- Pour the mixture into the air fryer basket and set the time for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Remove and let it slightly cool.
- Add your toast for about 2-3 minutes at 330 degrees F.
- Remove the toast and spread the ricotta cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with the roasted tomato mixture, sprinkle Parmesan cheese, chives, and parsley.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer