Air Fryer Pancake Donuts Recipe –What’s the best way to start your day? With a warm, fluffy pancake donut! These donuts are made in an air fryer and are much healthier than their fried counterparts. You can enjoy these treats with or without syrup for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner!
Air Fryer Pancake Donuts Recipe is amazing! If you have been looking for one of the easiest ways to make pancakes in your air fryer, this is the recipe for you!
I love a great plate of pancakes, and with this recipe, you can have everything that you want, easy to eat, and so much better than the frozen kind!
Kid-Friendly, Family Friendly, and absolutely delish! What else do you need to know? I have been making pancakes in the air fryer for years, way before it was a trend.
I actually started making Air Fryer Pancakes for a bunch of hockey players. When we stayed at a hotel, and the parents and I found out they wanted $22 for breakfast for an 8-year-old plate, we sprung into action and made some Air Fryer Fried Eggs, Air Fryer Pancakes, and Bacon. We saved ourselves some cash, and the kids still had an amazing breakfast-thanks to the Air Fryer!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Pancake Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY PANCAKE MUFFINS, AIR FRYER, JIFFY APPLE CINNAMON PANCAKES, AIR FRYER, BLUEBERRY FILLED DUTCH BABY (PUFFED PANCAKE), and AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKE BITES.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pancake Donuts Recipe
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sour Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Pancake Donuts Recipe
Add the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl. In another, both add the sour cream, milk, egg, and melted butter.
Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing well. Spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking. Add the batter, filling about 2/3 the way full about ⅔ way full.
How Long to Air Fry Pancake Donuts:
Set the donut pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 7 to 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the donut comes out clean.
- Make sure that your ingredients are fresh, and if you do not have newer baking powder, your pancakes will end up dense. The fresh baking powder really allows your pancakes to rise, and become fluffy, without it you with getting a flatter donut pancake.
- Do not over mix, as soon as the pancake mixture is done, stop mixing, it’s ok to have small lumps in the batter.
- For best results, leave your batter for about 10 to 15 minutes, so the baking soda, baking powder, and other ingredients can work their magic.
- This recipe will work in an air fryer, the key is to get the correct pan, but I have made these in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, PowerXl, another Air Fryer Bksaet, and Oven models. The recipe will stay the same, the time may vary within a few minutes.
- Check your pancake donuts every few minutes, so that you get a delicious batch every single time.
How To Store Leftover Pancake Donuts:
If you have any leftover Air Fryer, Pancake Donuts, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last about 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator.
To reheat, you can either place them into the microwave or back into the air fryer and heat them until warmed through.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Pancake Donuts
I often make a double or even triple batch on the weekends to freeze. This makes for a great back-to-school hack.
Suppose you want to freeze a batch for the next breakfast. Let them cool to room temperature and then place them on a baking tray, which has been lined with parchment paper. Place the baking tray into the freezer, and freeze until frozen solid.
Remove and place the frozen Pancake Donuts into a freezer bag. You can either place them at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Then heat in the microwave until warmed through.
While today, I made a basic Pancake Donut Recipe. You can change these out with so many of your favorite pancake add-ins, including:
- Using a pancake mix, any mix will work. The cooking time will remain the same.
- Fresh Blueberries
- Chocolate Chips
- Diced Bananas
- Diced Strawberries
- Anything that you love!
Donut Topping Ideas:
While you can serve these with some melted butter or pancake syrup, there are so many ways that you can dress up pancake donuts for your family. Some of my favorites are:
- Strawberry Preserves
- Sliced Banans with Caramel Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Fruit
- Whipped Cream
- Bananas and Chocolate Chips
What Donut Pans Will Work In the Air Fryer?
While you may have a donut pan in your cabinet, you might find that they will not fit. This is one of my favorites because you can make it fit ANY Air Fryer with a pair of scissors! (affiliate link included)
Some Other Great Air Fryer Pancake Recipes:
- AIR FRYER GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN PANCAKES
- EASY AIR FRYER OLD-FASHIONED GRIDDLE PANCAKES
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY PANCAKE MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKE MUFFINS
- EASY AIR FRYER MINI BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
- AIR FRYER, EASY AIR FRIED BAKED PANCAKES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- Add the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl. In another, both add the sour cream, milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing well. Spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking. Add the batter, filling about 2/3 the way full about ⅔ way full.
- Set the donut pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 7 to 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the donut comes out clean.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.