Air Fryer Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls — In the past, I have always been a proponent of baking my cinnamon rolls in the oven. But when I saw an air fryer recipe for making them, I had to try it out. The results were so delicious and they took up less time than baking! So if you’re looking for a way to make your morning routine easier and more enjoyable, give this recipe a shot!
Air Fryer Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls are amazing! If you were looking for a great and delicious homemade cinnamon roll, this is the recipe for you!
Made with puff pastry, this is a great and easy Air Fryer Hack, and if you have been following along with ForkToSpoon.com, you know I love a great Air Fryer Hack.
So, whether you have these for a quick breakfast or dessert, they are delicious. And they air fry up in no time, just 7 minutes! Talk about amazing!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Baked Goods Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER COPYCAT KRISPY KREME DONUTS, AIR FRYER RASPBERRY LEMON DONUTS, AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE, and AIR FRYER EASY FUNFETTI CAKE MIX DONUTS.
Cinnamon Roll Puff Pastry
A cinnamon roll is usually thought of as something you buy in the dairy aisle at your local grocery store and comes in a can.
My mother would make homemade dough and then stuff it with ground cinnamon and usually nuts. That was amazing, but today, I am giving you a quick and easy air fryer recipe that will take you minutes to make. Of course, you can easily make a cinnamon rolls puff pastry.
Ingredients You Will Need To Make Air Fryer Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
- Cooking Spray
- Ground Cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Puff Pastry
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
How To Cook Cinnamon Rolls In Air Fryer Using Puff Pastry
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, if required per manufacturer’s instructions, and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Whisk together cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Roll the puff pastry out flat on a clean surface.
Use a spatula to spread the cinnamon and butter mixture over the sheet until you are ½ – ¼ of an inch away from the edge.
Drizzle with the diced pecans (optional)
Starting from the shorter end, roll the puff pastry sheet into a roll. Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into one-inch-thick rolls.
Place rolls in the air fryer basket, and cook for five to seven minutes, or until rolls turn a deep golden-brown color. Do this in batches until all the rolls are finished.
To Make The Glaze:
Whisk all the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth to make the cinnamon roll icing. Drizzle over rolls while warm before serving.
HOW LONG DO YOU AIR FRY CINNAMON ROLLS?
You need to air fryer cinnamon rolls for about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on which air fryer you own.
Always check to make sure that the dough is completely cooked before removing it from the air fryer basket.
What is the best store-bought puff pastry?
Do I need to thaw frozen puff pastry?
For the best results in most recipes, I would strongly recommend that you thaw your puff pastry.
Otherwise, especially in the air fryer, the puff pastry will not rise, so I highly recommend thawing.
How long should I Thaw puff pastry?
The best way to thaw puff pastry is in the refrigerator. Since the cold dough is easier to work with and you will have a better pastry if you work with the dough while it is cold. It should only take about 3 to 4 hours to thaw frozen puff pastry dough.
But, if you are in a rush or forgot to take the puff pastry out of the freezer, place it on the counter. The counter method will only take about 20 to 30 minutes. The key is getting it when it’s defrosted, as the longer you leave the dough on the counter, the gummier it will become.
How To Make The Icing For The Cinnamon Rolls
This is really my go-to recipe, so if you were ever looking for any baked good to add a quick icing on top, this is a foolproof icing recipe:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Whisk all the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth, to make the icing.
- Since you really need the puff pastry to rise, put it into a hot air fryer for best results. If you do not have a preset button on your air fryer, just set the temperature to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes.
- Spray your basket with cooking spray so that your cinnamon rolls do not stick.
- Allow space around the cinnamon rolls so they have a chance to cook up. If they are touching each other, they will not get fully cooked.
- Drizzle the glaze on the cinnamon rolls while they are still hot; this way, the glaze melts over them.
- Check your air fryer cinnamon rolls frequently during the cooking process. Since all air fryer cooks at different rates, you don’t want to end up with burnt cinnamon rolls.
How To Make Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls In the Oven
I used to make these all of the time in the oven, before I got my first air fryer, follow the directions in the recipe card, then:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a baking tray. Place the prepared cinnamon rolls on the baking sheet.
Set the in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
If you love this recipe for puff pastry cinnamon rolls, check out some of these awesome recipes!
- AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS
- APPLE PIE CINNAMON ROLL CUPS
- AIR FRYER RASPBERRY WONTONS
- AIR FRYER CHERRY CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS
- NINJA FOODI RUM RAISIN RICE PUDDING
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees, if required per manufacturer’s instructions, and spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Whisk together cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll the puff pastry out flat on a clean surface.
- Use a spatula to spread the cinnamon and butter mixture over the sheet until you are ½ - ¼ of an inch away from the edge. Drizzle with pecans.
- Starting from the shorter end, roll the puff pastry sheet into a roll.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into one-inch-thick rolls.
- Place rolls in the air fryer basket, and cook for five to seven minutes, or until rolls turn a deep golden-brown color. Do this in batches until all the rolls are finished.
To Make the Glaze: Whisk all the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth to make the cinnamon roll icing. Drizzle over rolls while warm before serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on ForkToSpoon.com should only be used as a general guideline.