Air Fryer Cinnamon French Toast— French toast is a classic brunch dish everyone loves. But it can be greasy and unhealthy if you make it in a traditional frying pan. The air fryer offers a healthier, low-fat alternative for cooking French toast. The cinnamon and sugar topping gives this dish a delicious flavor profile that will leave you wanting more. So give this Air Fryer Cinnamon French Toast recipe a try next time you want something special to serve up at brunch!
There is nothing better for breakfast than French Toast, and today I made a simple Air Fryer Cinnamon French Toast batch.
Air Fryer French toast is a simple and delicious breakfast. You can have a great plate of homemade French Toast in a few minutes.
This is a classic recipe, and it is so easy to make in your air fryer. This is one of my grandmother’s recipes, and she would always make it on the weekends when I went to stay over.
It’s real comfort food. Your kids and the entire family will soon be asking you to make it repeatedly.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer French Toast Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER FRUITY PEBBLES FRENCH TOAST, HOW TO MKE TRADER JOE’S FROZEN FRENCH TOAST IN THE AIR FRYER, and AIR FRYER FRENCH TOAST STICKS.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Air Fryer French Toast
- Vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer French Toast
Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Beat until everything is well combined.
Dip each piece of bread into the mixture, and let the bread soak for about 30 seconds, so the batter becomes absorbed. Gently shake the bread to remove any excess.
Spray your pan generously with olive oil: place the french toast in the prepared pan. Air fry for 3 minutes at 320 degrees F. Flip them over and do another 3 minutes.
TIPS FOR MAKING FRENCH TOAST
- While I used a pan, you do not have to. You can make several batches using a pan, and you do not have to clean the air fryer after. Just rinse off the baking dish, and you are ready to go for the next batch.
- If you want to use heavy cream for a thicker batter, that will work out perfectly.
- I have made this recipe using lactose-free milk, but you can use oak, almond, or even soy milk, as a substitute.
- Check on your French Toast frequently while cooking up since all air fryers cook at slightly different times.
How To Store Leftovers
This is an excellent recipe if you want to make some ahead of time. To store leftovers, place them into an airtight container, which will last for about 2 to 3 days.
You can reheat them in either the microwave or air fryer.
How to Freeze Air Fryer French Toast
Suppose you want to make this ahead of time. I often double the recipe and then freeze one batch for a later date.
Let the French Toast cool to room temperature, and then place it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the French toast is frozen.
Remove from the baking sheet and place them into a Freezer Bag.
How to cook frozen french toast in the Air Fryer
To cook frozen french toast in the Air Fyre, place the Frozen French toast into the air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer sitting.
For best results, flip halfway during the cooking process to cook both sides evenly.
Best Bread For Air Fryer French Toast
While you can use French toast bread, I find that the best bread is Brioche, French Bagueet, and challah bread.
Today, I used a simple white sandwich bread, which is perfect since you always have it on hand.
Toppings For French Toast
While you can serve this up plain, some great toppings are:
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
Air Fryer Cinnamon French Toast
- 4 slices bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray your pan generously with olive oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Beat until everything is well combined.Dip each piece of bread into the mixture, let the bread soak for about 30 seconds, so the batter really becomes absorbed in the bread. Gently shake the bread to remove any excess.
- Place the french toast in the prepared pan.
- Air fry for 3 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Flip them over and do another 3 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup or your choice of toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Pan