Air Fryer Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole is such an easy breakfast recipe. I love quick and delicious air fryer breakfast recipes, and this one is no different.
Today, I made this delicious and easy casserole. With only 4 ingredients, it will surely be next on your menu. My kids loved this recipe, which is great because it is quick. It’s sure to be a repeat through the year.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
Are you looking for a scrumptious and easy breakfast casserole that will delight your family and guests? Look no further! This Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole combines the buttery goodness of crescent rolls with savory breakfast staples for a comforting morning meal. Whether it’s a special occasion or a lazy weekend brunch, this casserole will surely become a family favorite. Let’s dive into the delicious details of this breakfast delight!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
With a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious breakfast for the whole family.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Crescent Dough: This buttery, flaky dough forms the base of the casserole and adds a delightful texture.
- Sausage: Choose your favorite breakfast sausage, whether pork, turkey or a meatless option, for a savory protein boost.
- Eggs: The eggs act as a binding agent and provide a rich and creamy texture to the casserole.
- Shredded Cheese: A generous amount of shredded cheese, like cheddar or mozzarella, adds a gooey, melty, and savory element to the casserole.
- Optional Toppings: Add toppings like sliced green onions, hot sauce, or salsa for extra flavor and customization.
How To Cook Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole In Air Fryer
To cook Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole in an air fryer, follow these steps:
Step One: Cook The Dough
Spray your baking pan with cooking spray. Then, place the crescent dough into the pan and use your fingers to pinch the dough closed. Set into the air fryer for 4-6 minutes at 305 degrees F, air fryer setting, until golden brown.
Step Two: Remove
Remove the cooked dough from the air fryer.
Step Three: Prepare The Casserole Filling
In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Sprinkle the ground sausage on top of the baked dough, and then pour the eggs on top. Place back into the air fryer for another 4 to 8 minutes at 305 degrees F, air fryer setting. When your eggs are set, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
There are several delicious variations you can try for your Air Fryer Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole:
- Vegetarian Version: Skip the sausage and add a mix of sautéed vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, and bell peppers for a hearty vegetarian option.
- Bacon and Cheese: Substitute the sausage with crispy bacon pieces and combine your favorite cheeses, like cheddar and mozzarella.
- Mexican Flair: Add some spice by mixing in diced green chilies, jalapeños, and a sprinkle of taco seasoning. Top it with salsa and avocado slices for a southwestern twist.
- Ham and Swiss: Replace the sausage with diced ham and Swiss cheese for a classic breakfast flavor.
- Herb and Feta: Incorporate fresh herbs like basil, parsley, and dill into the egg mixture and crumble some feta cheese on top for a Mediterranean-inspired casserole.
- Sausage and Gravy: Make a creamy sausage gravy to drizzle over the casserole before serving. It adds a comforting and savory element.
- Mini Casseroles: Instead of one large casserole, use individual ramekins to create mini breakfast casseroles, allowing everyone to customize their fillings.
Feel free to get creative and experiment with your favorite ingredients and flavors to make this Air Fryer Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole your own.
Can I prepare this Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare this casserole ahead of time. Assemble it as instructed and cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store it in the refrigerator overnight. When you’re ready to cook, place it in the air fryer and follow the cooking instructions in the recipe.
Can I use different types of crescent roll dough? Yes, you can experiment with different types of crescent roll dough, such as reduced-fat or butter-flavored options, depending on your preference. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture may vary slightly.
Can I make this recipe in a conventional oven instead of an air fryer? Absolutely! If you prefer to bake it in a conventional oven, preheat it to 350°F (175°C) and bake the casserole for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set and the crescent rolls are golden brown.
Can I freeze leftover casserole? Yes, you can freeze leftover casserole. Once it has cooled completely, slice it into individual portions and wrap each portion tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil or place them in airtight containers. Label and date them, then store them in the freezer for 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and warm in the microwave or oven until heated.
What can I serve as a side with this casserole? This casserole pairs well with various breakfast sides, such as fresh fruit, a fruit salad, yogurt, or a side of greens. You can also offer condiments like ketchup, hot sauce, or salsa for added flavor.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER FROZEN HASH BROWN PATTIES
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
- EASY AIR FRYER RICOTTA TOAST WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND TOMATOES
- AIR FRYER BAKED APPLE TOAST
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
- 1 roll Crescent Dough
- 1 cup ground sausage, cooked
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray your baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the crescent dough into the pan, use your fingers to pinch the dough closed. Set into the air fryer for 4-6 minutes at 305 degrees F, air fryer setting, until golden brown.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Sprinkle the ground sausage on top of the baked dough, and then pour the eggs on top.
- Place back into the air fryer for another 4 to 8 minutes at 305 degrees F, air fryer setting. When your eggs are set, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Ramekins, or Baking Pan (Must be Oven-Safe)