Do you own an air fryer? If not, maybe it’s time to consider one! Air fryers are amazing kitchen appliances that can do so many things – like making this delicious air fryer sausage and egg casserole. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a quick and easy dinner. Plus, it’s healthy and low carb too! Give it a try today!
There is nothing better for breakfast than a simple Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole. Filled with protein, this makes for a great and filling breakfast.
This is such an easy breakfast casserole for any day of the week. My kids loved having their own breakfast.
If you have never made eggs in the Air Fryer, they come out amazing, whether you are making scrambled eggs, fried eggs, or even today’s egg casserole.
Eggs come out amazing in the Air Fryer, light and fluffy, and today’s batch is no different.
Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole
The great thing about breakfast casseroles is that you can really fill them with anything.
Today, I made a traditional breakfast casserole filled with ground sausage, milk, and eggs, and melted into the casserole is some shredded cheddar cheese.
You can really use anything that is your favorite for breakfast, which is why this recipe is so great. And they also are great if you make them ahead or even freeze them. They make for a tasty breakfast.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole
An air fryer is a great appliance for making easy, healthy meals. This sausage and egg casserole is a delicious, high-protein breakfast or dinner that you can make in your air fryer. It only takes a few minutes to prepare, and the results are amazing. You will love this simple, tasty dish!
- Sausage: Use any of your favorites such as ground sausage, ground turkey sausage, or even ground chorizo. The key is to make sure that your sausage is fully cooked, before adding it to the other ingredients.
- Milk: You can use oat milk, almond milk, or any other milk alternative if you are looking for a dairy-free recipe!
- Eggs: You can either use large eggs or use an egg alternative if you are looking for an egg-free sausage casserole.
- Salt: You can add a bunch of seasonings, some great ones are garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole
First, use a skillet and brown your sausage. Then, mix the eggs, milk, salt, COOKED sausage, and shredded cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
Spray your ramekins with olive oil spray. Then pour the egg/sausage mixture, into the ramekins.
Set the ramekins in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 300 degrees (AIR FRYER SETTING) for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, check and see if your eggs are done. The Omni has a preheating setting, which is an additional few minutes. Sprinkle the extra cheese on it (optional) and close the air fryer, and just wait for it to melt, about a minute.
CAN I MAKE THIS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, this is a great recipe to make ahead. I love making a batch on Sunday and then reheating it during the week for a quick breakfast.
If you want to make these ahead of time, cook them as directed in the recipe card below, and then reheat them in the microwave, until warmed.
VARIATIONS FOR BREAKFAST CASSEROLES:
While today I used ground sauces, there are so many ways that you can change out the ingredients, some other ingredients:
- Meats: Cooked Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Sausage Links, etc.
- Cheese: Gouda, Feta, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, etc.
- Vegetables: Bell Peppers, Onions, Scallions, Tomatoes, etc.
- Other: Seasonings, hot sauce, etc.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
While this makes for a filling breakfast, you can easily add fresh fruit, hashbrowns, bacon slices, etc.
The large protein amount in the Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole will keep you filled until your next meal.
WHAT RAMEKINS CAN YOU USE IN THE AIR FRYER?
Today, I used my set of ramekins, which are 4 ounces, but you can use any size, and the cooking time will remain the same.
Some of my favorites are (affiliate links included)
More Air Fryer Egg Recipes:
The air fryer is quickly becoming a favorite appliance in many homes, and for good reason! It’s a great way to cook food with minimal oil, making it a healthier option. In this post, we will share some more delicious air fryer egg recipes that are sure to please. Whether you are looking for something quick and easy or something a little more elaborate, we’ve got you covered. So read on to discover some new ways to enjoy eggs cooked in your air fryer!
- AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, BACON, AND EGG SANDWICH
- LOW-CARB AIR FRYER SCOTCH EGGS
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole
- 1 pound sausage, cooked
- 2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- First, use a skillet and brown your sausage. Then, mix the eggs, milk, salt, COOKED sausage, and shredded cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Spray your ramekins with olive oil spray. Then pour the egg/sausage mixture into the ramekins.
- Set the ramekins in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 300 degrees (AIR FRYER SETTING) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, check and see if your eggs are done. The Omni has a preheating setting, which is an additional few minutes. Sprinkle the extra cheese on it (optional) and close the air fryer, and just wait for it to melt, about a minute.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer