There is nothing better for breakfast than a simple Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole. Filled with protein, this makes for a great and filling breakfast.
This is such an easy breakfast casserole for any day of the week. My kids loved having their own breakfast.
If you have never made eggs in the Air Fryer, they come out amazing, whether you are making scrambled eggs, fried eggs or even today’s egg casserole.
Eggs come out amazing in the Air Fryer, light and fluffy, and today’s batch is no different.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Egg Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS, LOW-CARB AIR FRYER SCOTCH EGGS, AIR FRYER SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOAST, and AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO.
The great thing about breakfast casseroles is that you can really fill them with anything.
Today, I made a traditional breakfast casserole filled with ground sausage, milk, eggs, and melted into the casserole is some shredded cheddar cheese.
You can really use anything that is your favorite for breakfast, which is why this recipe is so great. And they also are great if you make them ahead or even freeze them. They make for a tasty breakfast.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole
First, use a skillet and brown your sausage. Then, mix the eggs, milk, salt, COOKED sausage, and shredded cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
Spray your ramekins with olive oil spray. Then pour in the egg/sausage mixture, into the ramekins.
Set the ramekins in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 300 degrees (AIR FRYER SETTING) for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, check and see if your eggs are done. The Omni has a preheating setting, which is an additional few minutes. Sprinkle the extra cheese on it (optional) and close the air fryer, and just wait for it to melt, about a minute.
CAN I MAKE THIS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, this is a great recipe to make ahead. I love making a batch on Sunday and then reheating during the week for a quick breakfast.
If you want to make these ahead of time, cook them as directed in the recipe card below, and then reheat in the microwave, until warmed.
VARIATIONS FOR BREAKFAST CASSEROLES:
While today I used ground sauces, there are so many ways that you can change out the ingredients, some other ingredients:
- Meats: Cooked Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Sausage Links, etc.
- Cheese: Gouda, Feta, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, etc.
- Vegetables: Bell Peppers, Onions, Scallions, Tomatoes, etc.
- Other: Seasonings, hot sauce, etc.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
While this makes for a filling breakfast, you can easily add fresh fruit, hashbrowns, bacon slices, etc.
With the large protein amount in the Air Fryer Sausage and Egg Casserole this will keep your filled until your next meal.
WHAT RAMEKINS CAN YOU USE IN THE AIR FRYER?
Today, I used my set of ramekins, which are 4 ounces, but you an use any size, and the cooking time will reamin the same.
Some of my favorites are (affiliate links included)
Some Other Air Fryer Egg Recipes:
- AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, BACON, AND EGG SANDWICH
- LOW-CARB AIR FRYER SCOTCH EGGS
- AIR FRYER SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOAST
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS
- 1 pound sausage
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- First, use a skillet and brown your sausage. Then, mix the eggs, milk, salt, COOKED sausage, and shredded cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Spray your ramekins with olive oil spray. Then pour the egg/sausage mixture into the ramekins.
- Set the ramekins in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 300 degrees (AIR FRYER SETTING) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, check and see if your eggs are done. The Omni has a preheating setting, which is an additional few minutes. Sprinkle the extra cheese on it (optional) and close the air fryer, and just wait for it to melt, about a minute.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 634Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 386mgSodium: 1821mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g