My youngest child Jason is an avid hockey player, he plays hockey at least 2 hours a day, followed by a strenuous workout. So, he is always craving protein, his favorite source of protein is steak.
Steak on the grill is amazing, but during the winter months, it’s not always possible to get to the grill, since we have snow to contend with. The air fryer solves this problem.
Seasoning of the steak is important since both the grill and the air fryer will seal in the flavor.
If your mouth waters as you hear the menu selection of steak, you are not alone my son Jason, will drool over a nice steak, drenched with sauce. My son’s favorite meal is steak, with a side of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Here are tips for air frying steaks:
1. Choose the right cut of meat- Filet Mignon, Ribeyes, Strip Steaks, Top Sirloin, Porterhouse, and T-Bone are all great for the air fryer. They all have a great fat and meat ratio for the grill or air fryer.
2. Choose the right quality of meat-Purchase a good quality of meat, from a butcher or from the supermarket. They grade meat on marbling and the connective tissues. Marbling should be shown throughout the meat with white-colored fat (marbling) I always look for a thin coat of marble throughout the meat for the air fryer or Instant Pot, since it will melt and give a nice flavor to the meat, without it being greasy.
3. Season-Salt your meat before you place your meat in the air fryer. I let my meat sit on the counter for about 15 minutes and salt it before air frying.
4. Room Temperature (Before You Cook)-Take out your meat from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes, before cooking. Steak at room temperature absorbs the seasonings better. It also helps the fibers in the meat loosen, which will produce a tender cut of meat. Room temperature steaks (meat) also cook faster than cold steak (meats) seasonings better.
5. Let Your Cooked Steak (Meat) Rest Again-After cooking let your meat rest, just about 5 minutes. It helps to let the juices flow to the center of the steak so that when you cut the steak, all of the juices will not flow out. This will give you a better piece of meat for dinner or lunch.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Steak Tips
This is a really easy way to make steak tips. They can be flavored with anything.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 18
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds ribeye, New York or beef chunk cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Start by cutting your meat into 1-inch cubes.
- Then add all of the seasonings and oil into a small mixing bowl. Mix in the meat.
- Then toss the meat into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature for 400 degrees F, and set the time for 4 minutes, after 4 minutes shake the basket and add another 2 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: beef stew meat in air fryer air fryer steak bites and potatoes air fryer steak and potatoes cooking beef stew in air fryer air fryer beef stew recipe air fryer tri tip steak air fryer venison how long to cook tri tip in air fryer