Air Fryer Steak Tips are super tender, juicy, and perfectly air-fried. Steak tips in the air fryer are simple and a family favorite!
This surely will be the best air fryer steak tips recipe that you have ever had!
Juicy Steak Tips In The Air Fryer
If you want to add excitement to your steak dinner routine, look no further than the air fryer! With this handy appliance, you can create sirloin steak tips that are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Best of all, this dish is effortless to make — perfect for busy weeknights. So gather your ingredients, and let’s start whipping these easy beef steak tips!
What Is An Air Fryer?
What is an air fryer, you ask? An air fryer is a small appliance that cooks food using hot air. This alternative to deep-frying creates foods that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Air fryers have become increasingly popular as people have sought ways to make healthier cooking choices. If you’re curious about this nifty little appliance, check out this helpful article!
What Are Steak Tips?
Steak tips are a cut of beef taken from the shoulder of the cow. They are a relatively inexpensive cut and can be cooked in various ways. Some people like to marinate them before cooking, while others fry them with salt and pepper. Steak tips can also be grilled or even baked. You can air fry steak tips too! No matter how you cook them, they’re sure to be delicious!
Beef Steak Tips
In learning to cook beef steak tips, you’ll first want to know the different types of steaks. There are several perfect cuts: ribeye, t-bone, sirloin, and porterhouse. All of these have different levels of marbling (fat content), which affects flavor and tenderness. Ribeyes are generally considered the best cut but also the most expensive.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Steak Tips
Remember the step-by-step directions in the printable recipe card and the nutritional information at the bottom of the page.
- Steak: Stew Meat, Ribeye Steak, Filet Mignon, New York, Skirt Steak, or Sirloin Steak tips
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Serving: Worcestershire Sauce, Homemade Garlic Butter, or Garlic Butter Sauce
How To Make Steak Tips In The Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer for 4 to 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Step 2: Prep the beef steak tips
Cut your meat into 1-inch cubes or bite size pieces.
Add all of the seasonings and oil into a small mixing bowl. Mix in the meat. This will give you a great seasoned steak!
Step 3: Air fry steak tips
Toss the seasoned meat into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 4-5 minutes. For added flavor, brush the steak tips with melted butter during cooking. Check the internal temperature, with a meat thermometer, before removing the steak.
Let the air fryer steak tips rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips on how to cook steak tips in the air fryer:
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd your air fryer basket. Otherwise, the hot air will not reach the sirloin steak tips (or cut of steak you picked), leaving some overcooked and some undercooked. Leave plenty of room around the steak tips to ensure they cook up perfectly.
- Same Size Pieces: A great way to ensure they all cook up simultaneously would be to cut the meat into equal sizes. This way, all of your meat is cooked at the same time.
- Oil: I did not spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, and my steak tips did not stick because oil is used with the seasonings.
- Different Air Fryers: Since every air fryer is slightly different, the cooking time will vary by a minute or two, so remember to watch your steak tips as they are air frying.
- Cooking Steak Tips In The Air Fryer Basket: Place your rack on the bottom shelf if you use an air fryer oven. This way, the inside and outside cook at about the same time.
What cut of meat are steak tips?
I recommend buying New York, NY Strip, or Sirloin steak tips if you want to get the most delicious plate of air-fried steak tips.
You can also purchase ribeye tips, which are usually labeled as such. These come from either the flank or top tenderloin portion of the cow, sometimes called a round steak.
Do you need to marinate steak tips before air frying?
To marinate or not to marinate, that is the question. And the answer, as it turns out, depends on what you’re looking for in your air fryer steak tips. If you want them to be extra juicy and flavorful, marinate them.
But if you’re okay with a little less flavor in favor of a crispier texture, skip the marinade and go right into air frying. It’s all about personal preference. You can also use dry rub, which is a game-changer!
How To Store
Let the juicy air fryer steak bites cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How To Reheat Steak Tips
Place the reheated steak tips into the air fryer basket, and the second time will be even better, and you can reheat the steak tips in a cast iron pan or air fryer. Preheat the air fryer basket for 1-2 minutes, add the steak tips into the air fryer basket and set the cook time for 3-5 minutes. Add a little oil or melted butter while the steak is cooking.
How long should you air fry steak tips?
How long should you air fry steak tips?
Cooking steak tips is a breeze with an air fryer. Your kitchen will smell heavenly in just minutes, and you’ll enjoy a delicious, healthy meal. But how long should you cook them for?
The exact time will depend on how thick your steak tips are and the specific air fryer model you own. Use a meat thermometer and check the steak’s internal temperature for the best results. Here is a handy guide:
- Rare: Cool Red Center; 135 degrees F.
- Medium Rare: Warm Red Center; 135 degrees F.
- Medium: Warm Pink Center; 145 degrees F.
- A Medium Well: Slightly Pink Center; 150 degrees F.
- Well Done: Little or Non-Pink; 160 degrees F.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER NEW YORK STYLE CHOPPED CHEESE RECIPE
- AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN LEGS
- 20 AUTHENTIC AIR FRYER ITALIAN RECIPES
- AIR FRYER BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
- EASY AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER SPICY ITALIAN SANDWICH
This is an excellent recipe for a main dish, perfect for cooking in the air fryer with high heat. For extra flavor, add some red pepper flakes right before serving.
Air Fryer Steak Tips
- 2 pounds steak, rib eye, New York or sirloin steaks cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or other high heat oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Start by cutting your meat into 1-inch cubes.
- Then add all of the seasonings and oil into a small mixing bowl. Mix in the meat.
- Then toss the meat into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and set the time for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, shake the basket, and add another 2 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer