My youngest child Jason is an avid hockey player, he plays hockey at least 2 hours a day, followed by a strenuous workout. So, he is always craving protein, his favorite source of protein is steak.
Steak on the grill is amazing, but during the winter months, it’s not always possible to get to the grill, since we have snow to contend with. The air fryer solves this problem.
Seasoning of the steak is important since both the grill and the air fryer will seal in the flavor.
If your mouth waters as you hear the menu selection of steak, you are not alone my son Jason, will drool over a nice steak, drenched with sauce. My son’s favorite meal is steak, with a side of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Here are tips for air frying steaks:
1. Choose the right cut of meat- Filet Mignon, Ribeyes, Strip Steaks, Top Sirloin, Porterhouse, and T-Bone are all great for the air fryer. They all have a great fat and meat ratio for the grill or air fryer.
3. Season-Salt your meat before you place your meat in the air fryer. I let my meat sit on the counter for about 15 minutes and salt it before air frying.
4. Room Temperature (Before You Cook)-Take our your meat from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes, before cooking. Steak at room temperature absorb the seasonings better. It also helps the fibers in the meat loosen, which will produce a tender cut of meat. Room temperature steaks (meat) also cook faster than cold steak (meats) seasonings better.
5. Let Your Cooked Steak (Meat) Rest Again-After cooking let your meat rest, just about 5 minutes. It helps to let the juices flow to the center of the steak so that when you cut the steak, all of the juices will not flow out. This will give you a better piece of meat for dinner or lunch.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This is a really easy dinner, It's also KETO friendly, today I used the Ninja Grilli, but you can use any air fryer. (FOR KETO, don't use the rice)
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, diced into strips
- 1 pound flank, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoong ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Start by slicing your meat, against the grain, on a large cutting board
Add all of your meat, olive oil, minced garlic, ground ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper to a large plastic bag,
Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least an hour to marinate. Overnight is best, but an hour will get you the great flavors.
When you are ready to cook your fajitas, cut up your peppers, onions and place them in the air fryer basket. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and shake the basket, so the olive distributes over the peppers and onions. Set your timer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. After the 10 minutes, open up your air fryer basket and shake, add another 4 minutes and then after the 4 minutes place the steak on top of the vegetables (Peppers and Onions) set the timer for 5 minutes. Check on the doneness of the steak, if you want more time, add more time.
Plate, serve and enjoy!