Air Fryer Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are an amazing side dish for any meal. I recently made these for a BBQ I went to, and everyone loved them. They make the perfect side dish for any meal.
Easy to prepare, and so much faster than a traditional baked potato, due to their size, and with the air fryer, they will take about half as long as the oven.
Nothing better than a steak and potato meal, and with the BBQ season coming up, I wanted to give you some options for side dishes. This is one of my favorites; easy and absolutely delicious.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Side Dishes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS SWEET POTATOES, AIR FRYER OVEN GOLD RANCH POTATOES, AIR FRYER SYRACUSE SALTED POTATOES, and HOW TO MAKE EASY HASSELBACK POTATOES IN YOUR AIR FRYER.
What Are Fingerling Potatoes?
The first time I saw fingerling potatoes, I was at Trader Joe’s, and the potatoes looked interesting, so I thought, why not?
Fingerling potatoes are smaller potatoes that are usually characterized by their shape as small and narrow. Hence, their name. They are roughly the same size as a human finger.
Like traditional baked potatoes, they can be seasoned in several ways. Today, I did a simple traditional baked potato recipe with fingerling potatoes.
Why Roast Fingerling Potatoes In Air Fryer
Roasting fingerling potatoes in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to make delicious and crispy potatoes. Air fryers use hot air to circulate around the food, creating a crispy exterior while keeping the interior soft and tender.
This cooking method is much healthier than traditional frying, using significantly less oil. Roasting fingerling potatoes in an air fryer is also a convenient way to make a small batch without heating up a large oven. The air fryer is much faster than a conventional oven, meaning you can have roasted fingerling potatoes ready to eat in minutes. By roasting fingerling potatoes in an air fryer, you’ll get a healthier, quicker, and easier way to make crispy and delicious potatoes that are perfect as a side dish or snack.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Who doesn’t love a crispy, delicious batch of crispy fingerling potatoes? Roasted potatoes are always a favorite in any home – and when you make them in an air fryer, you can enjoy the same great taste without waiting for your oven to heat up. Today we’ll be taking a closer look at one of our recent favorites – Air Fryer Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. Not only is this recipe easy and quick to prepare, but it’s chock full of flavor too! We’ve broken down the basic ingredients so that you can understand exactly what creates those perfectly crisp and flavorful little spuds. Read on to find out more!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Fingerling Potatoes: Or use baby potatoes, new potatoes, small red potatoes, or small potatoes
- Olive Oil: Any high-heat oil will work, such as avocado oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil, or canola oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Other Seasoning Optional: Italian seasoning, different herbs, fresh rosemary, or fresh thyme
- Serving: Serve With Garlic Aioli, BBQ Sauce, or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
How To Roast Fingerling Potatoes in Air Fryer
Are you looking for a delicious way to serve up potatoes that everyone in your family will enjoy? Look no further than roasted fingerling potatoes cooked right in the comfort of your Air Fryer!
These crunchy, flavorful gems will surely become your meal’s star side dish. Not only does Air Fryer roasted fingerling potatoes cook faster than conventional oven roasting, but they also remain tender and juicy on the inside while getting nice and crispy on the outside. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to whip up this tasty snack or side dish! Read on for our step-by-step guide on how to make roasted fingerling potatoes with an Air Fryer.
Step One: Season The Fingerling Potatoes
Add the fingerling potatoes, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Ensure the fingerling potatoes are covered with olive oil so they crisp up nicely.
Step Two: Air Fry The Fingerling Potatoes
Place potatoes in the air fryer tray or air fryer basket in g single layer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) and set cook time for 12 to 20 minutes. Check to make sure they are fork-tender before removing them.
Pro Tips For Roasting Fingerling Potatoes Air Fryer Recipe
Here are some pro tips for air fryer fingerling potatoes recipe:
- Slice the potatoes evenly: Slice the fingerling potatoes into similar sizes to ensure they cook evenly in the air fryer, although these tender potatoes are smaller enough to cook them whole. If you cut them, place the cut potato skin down for the best results.
- Soak the potatoes: Soak the sliced potatoes in cold water for about 30 minutes before cooking to remove excess starch and make them crispier.
- Dry the potatoes thoroughly: Pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel after soaking them to remove excess moisture. This will help them get crispy in the air fryer.
- Toss the potatoes in oil: Toss them in a small amount before placing them in the air fryer. This will help them get crispy and prevent them from sticking to the basket.
- Add seasoning: Add your favorite seasonings, such as garlic powder, paprika, rosemary, or fresh herbs, to the potatoes for extra flavor.
- Shake the basket: Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to ensure the potatoes cook evenly and get crispy all around.
- Check the potatoes for doneness: Check them frequently towards the end of the cooking time to ensure they don’t overcook or burn.
By following these pro tips, you can make perfectly crispy and delicious roasted fingerling potatoes in an air fryer. Enjoy your tasty and healthy side dish!
Do you have to peel fingerling potatoes?
No, you do not have to peel fingerling potatoes. The skin is fragile and perfectly edible. It also gives a great baked potato taste to the air-fried fingerling potatoes.
This is a great time saver!
Do fingerling potatoes taste different?
No, they taste the same as a baked potato. Since they have relatively thin skin, the best thing about them is that the flavoring/seasonings will permeate the skin and flavor the Air Fryer Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.
Some great seasonings that work well are rosemary, parsley, garlic, and lemon.
What do fingerling potatoes taste like?
After they are roasted and baked, they taste nutty, rich, and buttery. You really do not need to add any butter.
The potatoes are fabulous, tender, delicious, and rich and will work well with any entree, beef, chicken, or fish.
Are fingerling potatoes healthy?
Fingerling potatoes are very healthy, with a healthy dose of vitamins B4 and C.
So, pick up a package the next time you hit the grocery store! You will not be disappointed.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer?
It is recommended to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the potatoes. This will help the potatoes cook evenly and get crispy.
Can I use other types of potatoes?
Yes, you can use other types of potatoes for this recipe. Just make sure to slice them evenly and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
How long does it take to roast fingerling potatoes in an air fryer?
It usually takes around 15-20 minutes to roast fingerling potatoes in an air fryer, depending on the size and thickness of the potatoes.
Can I add other vegetables with the fingerling potatoes?
Yes, you can add other vegetables, such as onions, peppers, or carrots, to the air fryer basket with the potatoes. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
How do I store leftover roasted fingerling potatoes?
Store the leftover roasted fingerling potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or oven before serving.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
These potatoes go with anything. Some of my favorite things to serve alongside a plate is:
- AIR FRYER ITALIAN MEATLOAF
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SMASH BURGERS
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
- AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CALZONES
Air Fryer Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, rub the olive oil over the potatoes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Then spread the potatoes over the air fryer tray or basket.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 12 to 15 minutes. Check to make sure they are fork-tender before removing.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray