Is there anything better than an air fryer potato? Today, I kicked it up a notch and made a batch of Air Fryer Syracuse Salted Potatoes.
The incredible thing about this recipe is most of the time; it’s a hands-off recipe. Meaning that you can go outside and BBQ or go off and change the laundry, and you will still get the most amazing air-fried baked potato that you have ever had.
My family is in love with this recipe. I think I made it about 3 times before I sat down and wrote about it. There is something magical about potatoes and salt, and add a bit of olive oil, and you have a great and easy side dish!
If you are looking for other easy side dishes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER OVEN GOLD RANCH POTATOES, AIR FRYER HASSELBACK POTATO, AIR FRYER SPICY FRENCH FRIES, and AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES.
Air Fryer Syracuse Salted Potatoes
Suppose you are not familiar with Air Fryer Syracuse Salted Potatoes at all. They are really popular in New York, where they are a staple. They actually sell kits with the potatoes, salt, and seasonings, that you can buy in the grocery stores.
Today, since I live in Philadelphia, I made my own, and you only really need a few ingredients,
- Olive Oil
How To Make Air Fryer Syracuse Salted Potatoes
Start by rubbing the olive oil over the potato. Then add the salt on the potato.
Place the potato into the air fryer basket for 40-45 minutes, at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Flip halfway with a pair of tongs.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Try to prepare potatoes at about the same time, so they cook evenly.
- You do not need to pierce these potatoes with a fork; they will be fine. If you are anxious about them exploding, you can add a few holes, but it’s unnecessary. The hot air will penetrate through the potato, cooking it perfectly.
- Do not crowd the basket; you may need to run the air fryer several times for all of your family’s potatoes to be cooked.
- 2-4 Russet Potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 teaspoons salt
- Start by rubbing the olive oil over the potato. Then add the salt to the potato.
- Place the potato into the air fryer basket for 40-45 minutes, at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Flip halfway with a pair of tongs.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2139mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g