Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites — If you’re looking for an easy, flavorful dish that your whole family will love, look no further than these Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites.
Quick and simple to prepare, this delicious meal is made with just a few ingredients and ready in 30 minutes – perfect for busy weeknights!
With its zesty honey garlic marinade and crispy-on-the-outside tender chicken bites, everyone at the dinner table will be happy! Not only does it make a tasty entree on its own or pair perfectly with rice or veggies of your choice – it’s also incredibly healthy! Enjoy this mouthwatering air fryer version of our favorite Asian classic.
Best Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
Dive into a delightful culinary experience with our Best Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites recipe. This dish marries the sweet allure of honey with the robustness of garlic, creating a symphony of flavors that will enchant your taste buds. Made in the air fryer, these chicken bites achieve an irresistible golden crispness on the outside while retaining their juicy tenderness inside.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering, preparing a family dinner, or just in the mood for a treat, this recipe promises to be a crowd-pleaser that showcases the wonders of modern cooking with a touch of timeless flavor!
Why Make Honey Garlic Chicken Bites Air Fryer Recipe
Making honey garlic chicken in the air fryer is an excellent option for several reasons:
- Healthy: Air frying is a healthier alternative to deep frying. It uses less oil and produces crispy food without the added fat and calories.
- Quick and easy: Cooking chicken in the air fryer is quick and easy, producing evenly cooked chicken with a crispy exterior.
- Flavorful: The honey garlic sauce adds a sweet and savory flavor to the chicken, and air frying helps to infuse the flavors into the meat.
- Versatile: This recipe is versatile and can be adapted to your taste. You can adjust the seasonings and use different types of chicken, such as chicken wings or drumsticks.
- Convenient: Using the air fryer to make honey garlic chicken means you don’t have to heat up your oven or stovetop, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights.
Overall, making honey garlic chicken in the air fryer is a healthy, quick, and flavorful option that’s sure to be a hit with your family or guests.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
Are you looking for a delicious recipe to make in your air fryer? Then you will love this family-friendly dish – Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites! This easy and healthy meal idea is full of flavor plus requires minimal ingredients.
From the honey glaze to the savory garlic taste, it’s sure to become everyone’s favorite way to enjoy chicken bites. Whether you are cooking them up as an appetizer or a main meal, these Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites will hit the spot!
Remember the step-by-step directions and full recipe are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Boneless Chicken Breast: The star of this dish, boneless skinless chicken breasts are lean and easy to cut into bite-sized pieces, ensuring even cooking in the air fryer.
- Honey: Raw honey brings a natural sweetness to the chicken bites, balancing out the robustness of the garlic and creating a sticky glaze.
- Fresh Garlic: Fresh garlic provides a depth of flavor, adding zest and aroma to make this dish stand out.
- Soy Sauce: Adds a savory, umami touch to the chicken bites, complementing the sweetness of the honey.
- Cornstarch: Useful for thickening the sauce, cornstarch ensures that the honey-garlic mixture adheres beautifully to each chicken bite. You can also use potato starch.
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray: Lightly coat the chicken before air frying, ensuring the bites achieve a perfect golden crisp.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: Essential seasonings to enhance the natural flavors of the chicken and make the other ingredients pop.
- Optional: Red Pepper Flakes: For those who enjoy a hint of heat, red pepper flakes introduce a subtle kick to the sweet and savory honey garlic glaze.
- Sesame Seeds or Green Onions: Adding a burst of color and a mild, fresh flavor, green onions are perfect for finishing the dish.
With these ingredients, you’ll be well on your way to creating a flavorful and memorable dish that combines the best sweet, savory, and crispy textures!
How To Make Honey Garlic Chicken Bites In Air Fryer
Are you looking for an easy and delicious way to make a meal your family will love? Look no further than these crispy honey garlic chicken bites, made easily in the air fryer! This budget-friendly dish will surely be a hit with everyone – it’s loaded with delicious flavors of soy sauce, honey, garlic, and herbs.
Plus, the convenience of cooking it all up in the air fryer means minimal effort on your part. Read on for our step-by-step instructions and tips for making this perfect weeknight dinner!
Step One: Prepare The Chicken
Start by cutting the boneless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl, and coat the chicken with cornstarch, ensuring they’re well-coated.
Step Two: Air Fry The Coated Chicken
Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
Brush the basket with little oil and put the marinated chicken in it (8-10 per batch). Brush little oil on top, or lightly coat each piece of chicken with olive oil or cooking spray. This ensures they get that desired crispy texture without becoming too greasy.
Place the chicken bites in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they aren’t touching or overcrowded. You might need to cook in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
Set the cook time for 3 minutes on one side, then turn and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with other chicken pieces.
The chicken should be golden brown and cooked through. Use a meat thermometer, or instant read thermometer, to check the internal temperature, which should be 165 degrees F.
Step Three: Preparing the Sticky Honey Garlic Sauce
Whisk all the ingredients under the sauce and keep aside. Next, heat oil in a saucepan or large skillet, add chopped onions, garlic, and chopped red chili, and fry until the garlic becomes fragrant. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has a glaze-like consistency. If you opted for red pepper flakes, you can add them n
Add green beans and red bell peppers. Stir fry it for a few seconds until the vegetables become tender.
Step Four: Coating the Chicken
Next, add air-fried chicken, pour the sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes; mix all the ingredients until the chicken is evenly coated and the sauce thickens. Serve hot with rice sprinkled with sesame seeds and spring onion.
Step Five: Serving
Transfer the honey garlic chicken bites to a serving plate. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, and serve while hot.
Enjoy your delightful air fryer honey garlic chicken bites with your favorite side dishes or as a scrumptious appetizer!
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites Recipe
Achieving the ultimate Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites requires a few insider tips. Here are some pro tips to ensure your chicken bites turn out perfectly every time:
- Use chicken thighs: Skinless Chicken thighs are more flavorful and moist than chicken breasts, making them an excellent choice for this recipe. They also hold up well in the air fryer and develop a nice crispy exterior.
- Uniform Size: Ensure that all chicken pieces are roughly the same size for even cooking. This prevents some pieces from overcooking while others remain undercooked.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Overlapping or stacking chicken can result in uneven cooking. If needed, cook the chicken in batches.
- Shake the Basket: Halfway through the cooking process, give the basket a good shake or turn the chicken pieces with tongs. This ensures all sides get a good crisp.
- Sauce Consistency: The sauce should be thick enough to coat the chicken bites without being too runny. If it’s too thick, thin it out with a little water. If it’s too thin, let it simmer a bit longer.
- Fresh Ingredients: Always use fresh garlic for the best flavor. Garlic powder can be a substitute, but fresh garlic provides a much richer and more robust taste.
- Taste and Adjust: Before tossing the chicken in the sauce, taste it. Adjust the sweetness or saltiness as per your preference.
- Serving Immediately: The chicken bites are best served immediately after they’re coated in the honey garlic sauce to enjoy the perfect mix of crispiness and sauciness.
- Pairing: These bites go great with white rice, cauliflower rice, or a fresh salad to balance the sweet and savory flavors.
- Storage: If you have leftovers, store them separately – the chicken in one container and the sauce in another. This way, reheating the chicken can crisp up again without the sauce making it soggy.
- Customization: Feel free to add other ingredients to the sauce, such as ginger or sesame oil, to enhance the flavor profile further.
Following these pro tips, you’ll ensure that your Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites stand out, earning rave reviews from all who try them!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken thighs instead of breasts?
Absolutely! Chicken thighs can be juicier and more flavorful. Just make sure they’re boneless and cut into even-sized pieces for consistent cooking.
Is there a gluten-free option for the sauce?
Yes, you can substitute regular soy sauce with tamari or gluten-free soy sauce to make this dish gluten-free.
How long can I store the leftover chicken bites?
Let the chicken bites cool to room temperature, and then place the chicken into an airtight container in the refrigerator; the chicken bites will last for 2-3 days. For best results, store the sauce separately and combine when reheating.
How do I reheat the chicken bites without making them soggy?
Reheat them in the air fryer at 350°F for a few minutes until heated through. This will help maintain the crispness.
Can I prepare the honey garlic sauce ahead of time?
Yes, the sauce can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Warm it slightly before using.
Can I use pre-minced garlic from a jar?
While fresh garlic is recommended for the best flavor, jarred minced garlic can be used in a pinch. The flavor might be slightly milder.
Is there a vegetarian alternative?
You can try using firm tofu cubes or cauliflower florets as a substitute for chicken, following the same method.
Can I use other sweeteners instead of honey?
Maple syrup or agave nectar can be used as alternatives to honey, though they’ll impart a different flavor profile.
Is it necessary to coat the chicken in oil before air frying?
Lightly coating the chicken helps achieve a golden crisp exterior. However, if you’re watching your oil intake, you can reduce the amount or use cooking spray.
Can I add other seasonings to the chicken before air frying?
Certainly! For added heat, feel free to experiment with additional seasonings like paprika, chili powder, onion powder, or even some cayenne pepper.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Bombs
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken Recipe
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites truly stand out as a testament to the versatility and convenience of air frying. With their perfect balance of sweetness, tang, and savory goodness, these chicken bites will become a repeat favorite in any household. Not only are they delightfully crispy and flavorful, but the efficiency of the air fryer also ensures a healthier, less oily result than traditional frying methods.
Whether preparing a family dinner, hosting friends, or simply craving Chinese food or a mouthwatering snack, these chicken bites will not disappoint. So, the next time you’re seeking a dish that promises both simplicity and a burst of flavor, remember this recipe – and let your air fryer work its magic!
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper in a bowl, and coat the chicken with cornstarch.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Brush the basket with little oil and put the marinated chicken in it (8-10 per batch). Brush little oil on top. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, then turn and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with other chicken pieces.
- Whisk all the ingredients under the sauce and keep aside.
- Next, heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions, garlic, and chopped red chili, and fry until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add green beans and red bell peppers. Stir fry it for a few seconds until the vegetables become tender..
- Next, add air-fried chicken and pour the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, mix all the ingredients in the sauce until the chicken is evenly coated, and the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with rice sprinkled with sesame seeds and spring onion.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray
- You can store the CHILLI GINGER CHICKEN in an air-tight container for 3 days in the refrigerator or around 2 months in the freezer.
- Make sure your chicken cubes are cut into bite-size pieces so that they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook the chicken in batches to ensure that each piece is cooked to perfection.
- Brush the air fryer basket with a bit of oil to prevent the chicken from sticking and give it a crispy texture.
- To make the sauce, whisk all the ingredients together until well combined. You can adjust the sweetness or spiciness to your liking by adding more or less of the sweet chili sauce or chili flakes.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also pan-fry the chicken until golden brown.
- When stir-frying the vegetables, make sure not to overcook them. They should still have a slight crunch for texture.
- Simmer the chicken in the sauce for at least 5 minutes to ensure that the chicken is evenly coated and the sauce thickens.