Alfredo Dip — This dip is easy to make and perfect for game day! It can be served with chips or vegetables. Make sure you have enough because it will go fast!
Alfredo is a rich cream sauce that is traditionally served over fettuccine. This also makes for a fantastic dip; today, served with my Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli, oh so good!
This is commonly served with chicken for a twist. The most popular recipe that you will find is Chicken Alfredo Dip, but today, I wanted to make this creamy sauce to serve with the famous appetizer.
This is so good!
But, I seriously love a homemade dip, and some of the favorites that I made through the years are HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP, REMOULADE SAUCE, HOMEMADE BLUE-CHEESE DRESSING, and CILANTRO-LIME SOUR CREAM CREMA.
What Is Alfredo Dip?
The most popular dish in the world is Alfredo Dip. It’s a creamy, cheesy sauce that can be used as a dip for breadsticks or tortilla chips. The sauce is made from butter, cream, and cheese-usually Parmesan and Romano cheeses. This recipe has many variations, but they all start with flour and butter to thicken the sauce. Lots of people use heavy cream instead of milk for even more richness. You can also add garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg, or any other kind of seasoning you like!
This truly makes for a quick and delicious dip that can go with anything!
Ingredients Needed For Alfredo Dip
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- Minced Garlic
How To Make Alfredo Dip
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, and garlic. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Chicken: The most common way to prepare this alfredo dip is to add shredded rotisserie chicken. You will add it after the cheese has melted.
- Vegetables: Add some diced scallions or sauteed onions or mushrooms.
- Vegan: Use vegan butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. For a great vegan sauce.
How To Serve Alfredo Dip
The best dip is the one that people keep coming back for. The Alfredo Dip recipe, made with cream cheese and Parmesan, is an excellent choice because it can also be served as an appetizer or side dish for almost any occasion. It’s quick to make and has incredible flavor – it’s no wonder why you’ll want to serve this dip at your next get-together!
Some great ways to serve it are:
- Vegetables: This dip is so tasty, and the veggies go great with it. Try adding cucumbers, broccoli, or asparagus to serve along with this fantastic dip.
- Crackers: This dip is so delicious! I love eating it with whole-grain crackers, chips, or pretzels.
- Bread: If you have any bread on hand (especially a baguette or crostini), slice it up and put it with this.
- Pasta: Add this sauce to any plate of pasta, including ravioli or spaghetti!
Can I Make This and Store it For Later?
Yes, one of the best parts about this alfredo dip, you can make it ahead of time! This makes for such an easy way to prep appetizers ahead of time.
Make it in Advance:
Yes, make it as directed in the recipe.
Refrigerate: Allow the dip to cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. It will last about 2 to 3 days.
How To Reheat:
The easiest way to reheat your Alfredo Dip is to place it into a microwave dish and heat it until warmed through. For best results, heat at 30-second intervals and stir.
More Homemade Pantry Recipes:
- CHICK-FIL-A COPYCAT COLESLAW RECIPE
- HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING
- HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP
- REMOULADE SAUCE
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, parmesan, and garlic. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Serve with your favorite dish.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!