Air Fryer Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks are amazing! When you go to Olive Garden, you get a great appetizer or salad and breadsticks. Today I wanted to make these for dinner.
If you love Olive Garden’s Breadsticks, this is the recipe for you! There is nothing better. And serve this for a great starter with their salad!
The air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly cooking these up. With the hot air, the bread is perfectly cooked, and they are fabulous!
If you are looking for some other great and easy Air Fryer Bread Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SOFT DINNER ROLLS, AIR FRYER PILLSBURY CORNBREAD SWIRLS, AIR FRYER IRISH SODA BREAD, and AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT WEIGHT WATCHER FRIENDLY BAGELS.
What are Olive Garden Breadsticks?
According to Olive Garden’s website, they are described as an endless plate, which is a shame, because by the time I get to eat my real dinner. I’m usually full but don’t fret, I usually just bring my entree home!
They are hot and coated with butter, garlic, and parsley. I made these, and served them with my Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup, also a copycat recipe from Olive Garden! It was a great pairing! And I didn’t even need to leave my house!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Melted Butter
- Italian Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
In a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, warm water, and sugar. Within 5 minutes, the yeast should start to foam, and if it does not continue, it means that the yeast is old or expired. This recipe will not work.
After 5 minutes. Notice the foam.
Add the salt, flour, and butter, once the dough is mixed, knead for a few minutes.
Shape the bread into long breadsticks, Then let sit for about an hour (they will double in size) and then brush the melted butter on top and sprinkle with Italian seasonings.
Set the breadsticks into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
Some Pro Tips:
- Make sure that the water is warm enough to activate the yeast. Otherwise, the recipe will not work.
- Do not over-knead your dough. Otherwise, you will end up with dense breadsticks.
- Allow the dough to rise, don’t be in a rush. This is a slow process.
- Spray your basket with cooking spray, or use a piece of parchment paper to line your basket. You don’t want them to stick.
- Brush frequently with melted butter for best results.
How To Store Air Fryer Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container or Ziploc bag. They will stay about 1 to 2 days at room temperature. For any longer, place them into the refrigerator.
You can either reheat them before serving them again by heating them into the microwave or the air fryer basket.
To reheat them in the air fryer, place them into the basket, brush with melted butter and add more seasonings. Set the temperature to 300 degrees F, air fryer setting for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove when hot.
Can Olive Garden breadsticks be frozen?
These can be easily frozen, so if you want to make a double batch and freeze one batch, that will work.
YOu can either freeze the dough or freeze the breadsticks. I like to make them and then freeze them.
Let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into a freezer bag, and they will stay for about 1 to 2 months.
Place the frozen breadsticks directly into the air fryer. While still frozen, set the temperature to 340 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5-9 minutes. Flip halfway and brush with melted butter.
Other Air Fryer Bread Recipes
- AIR FRYER MONKEY BREAD
- AIR FRYER CLASSIC CORN BREAD
- EASY AIR FRYER BUTTER SWIM BISCUITS
- AIR FRYER GARLIC KNOTS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN BREAD DOUGH CINNAMON ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER CORN DOG MUFFINS
- 1 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon room temperature butter
- 4 cups of flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, warm water, and sugar. Within 5 minutes, the yeast should start to foam, and if it does not continue, it means that the yeast is old or expired. This recipe will not work.
- After 5 minutes, notice the foam.
- Add the salt, flour, and butter.
- Once the dough is mixed, knead for a few minutes.
- Shape the bread into long breadsticks, sit for about an hour (they will double in size), and then brush the melted butter on top and sprinkle with Italian seasonings.
- Set the breadsticks into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 569mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Don’t Forget To Pin-