Air Fryer Croque Madame Open-Faced Sandwich With Fried Eggs is one of the best and easiest air fryer breakfast sandwiches!
Made with fresh eggs, sliced deli ham, and crust bread, this is the ultimate breakfast sandwich, and with the air fryer, you can make it in minutes!
There is nothing better for breakfast, whether it’s the middle of the summer, fall, winter, or even spring. Then a delicious breakfast sandwich!
I had always loved eating a Croque Madame Open-Faced Sandwich With Fried Eggs when I was a child. Now that I have my air fryer, I love surprising everyone with a tasty and homemade breakfast option. This is one of my kid’s favorites.
If you are looking for other ways to cook eggs in the Air Fryer, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG, AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS, LOW-CARB AIR FRYER SCOTCH EGGS, AIR FRYER SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOAST, and AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO.
What Is A Croque Madame Open-Faced Sandwich With Fried Eggs?
This classical French sandwich is either called Croque Monsieur or Croque Madame. They are made with either a fried egg or poached egg placed upon the sandwich fillings.
They usually contain deli ham, Swiss Cheese, and a classical Bechamel Sauce. Served up today on crusty French Baguettes.
It’s a classical French breakfast, which made its way to America back in the 1910s. Typically this sandwich is fried, but today, I used my Air Fryer to create a delicious and hearty breakfast option.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Croque Madame Open-Faced Sandwich With Fried Eggs
- French Baguettes
- Deli Ham
- Swiss Cheese
- Bechamel Classical Sauce
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Croque Madame Open-Faced Sandwich With Fried Eggs
Start by cutting the baguette in half. Then spread the deli ham over the bread, overlapping it.
Place the covered baguette in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Spoon the Béchamel sauce over the ham. Then place the Swiss cheese over the Béchamel Sauce. Set in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 340 degrees F, air fryer setting.
As soon as the cheese melts, remove it. Meanwhile, fry two eggs and then put them on top.
- This recipe can work with any Air Fryer, I have made them over the years in both Air Fryer Basket and Oven Models. This recipe also works well in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Omni by Instant Pot, Instant Pot Crisp Lid and the Meathy Lid. The recipe will remain the same.
- For best results do not crowd the Air Fryer Basket.
- Cut the bread to fit your model of air fryer.
- Without a fried Egg on top, this recipe is known as Croque Monsieur. You can follow the same exact recipe as below, and simply omit the Egg.
- Bread: While you can use any bread, the best bread to use is a thicker beard, such as a baguette, sourdough bread, and an Artisan Bread.
- Cheese: While I used a classical Swiss Cheese, you can easily switch this out for any of your favorite cheeses, some of my favorite variations would be Gouda, Sliced Mozzarella Cheese and a great Gruyere.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Egg Recipes:
- AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO
- AIR FRYER SCRAMBLED EGGS ON TOAST
- EASY AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER HAM AND CHEESE BITES
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST CHIMICHANGAS
- LOW-CARB AIR FRYER SCOTCH EGGS
- AIR FRYER BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE QUICHE
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST GRILLED CHEESE
- 2 french baguettes
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Béchamel Classic Sauce
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons minced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cutting the baguette in half.
- Then spread the deli ham over the bread, overlapping it.
- Place the covered baguette in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
- Spoon the Béchamel sauce over the ham.
- Then place the Swiss cheese over the Béchamel Sauce.
- Set in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 340 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- As soon as the cheese melts, remove it.
- Meanwhile, fry two eggs and then put them on top.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 899Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 281mgSodium: 2160mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 51g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.