Air Fryer Breakfast Grilled Cheese — This makes for an incredible breakfast, even for the pickiest eater. If you are looking for a great and easy recipe for a homemade breakfast sandwich, this is one of my favorites, and it cooks up perfectly in the air fryer!
This is a complete and filling breakfast, made with Air Fryer Fried Eggs and toasted cheese; you get a great breakfast sandwich.
You can also add meat, bacon, or sausage if you want a classical breakfast sandwich.
What Is A Breakfast Grilled Cheese?
They are almost the same if you have ever had a homemade breakfast sandwich. Made in the same way that a regular grilled cheese is made, I added a fried egg on top for a great breakfast!
You can add some breakfast meat, whether sausage or bacon or both. It will be incredibly flavorful and delicious.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Provolone Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Breakfast Grilled Cheese
Start by buttering your bread, one side both pieces of bread. Lay the butter side down for both pieces of bread. On one piece of bread, add the cheese slices (I used provolone, but you can use anything you have in your refrigerator)
Set your time for 5 minutes (you don’t have to preheat) at 350 degrees F. (air fryer setting) Depending on the air fryer, you may not use all of the 5 minutes, as soon as the cheese is melted stop air frying.
Top the melted cheese with an egg.
BEST Tips for a Perfect Air Fryer Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- There has been a long-term debate on using butter or mayo. A lot of people love mayo. I stuck with a classical butte,r but if you want to use mayo, use mayo.
- You can make the fried eggs in the air fryer, but today I made them in a regular skillet.
- Check your Air Fryer Breakfast Grilled Cheese frequently while it cooks up since all air fryers cook a bit differently.
What Meat Would Be Great In Air Fryer Breakfast Grilled Cheese?
While today I made these without meat, this would be a great sandwich if you wanted to add some meat, some of my suggestions:
- Cooked Bacon
- Candaian Ham
- Turkey Bacon
- Turkey Sausage
- Pork Sausage
There are so many options. I would say that you want sturdy bread, regular white bread will be too soft, some of my suggestions are:
- Sourdough Bread
- Any Artisan Bread, dark rye, pumpernickel
What is the Best Cheese
This is a great place for experimenting; any cheese will work well. Some of my favorites are:
- American Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese, Provolone Cheese, Brie
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes-
- AIR FRYER POACHED EGGS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS
- EASY AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES
- AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- BREAKFAST POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 4 slices artisan bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 fried eggs
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter
- Start by buttering your bread, one side both pieces of bread.
- Lay the butter side down for both pieces of bread. On one piece of bread, add the cheese slices (I used provolone, but you can use anything you have in your refrigerator)
- Set your time for 5 minutes (you don’t have to preheat) at 350 degrees F. (air fryer setting). Depending on the air fryer, you may not use all of the 5 minutes. As soon as the cheese is melted, stop air frying.
- Top the melted cheese with an egg.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 750Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 292mgSodium: 1472mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 41g