Air Fryer Apple Cheddar Bacon Scones are amazing! This makes for a great breakfast or afternoon treat with the shredded cheese, diced bacon, and savory herbs.
I love a great scone, and the air fryer does an amazing job of baking them up, perfectly cooked. The scones are tender and flaky, never dried out, and takes less than time t han a traditional oven.
This will soon be one of your breakfast treats, and I’m sure that you will love this with a great cup of coffee.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Scone Recipes, some of my favorites are: AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES, AIR FRYER CHERRY SCONES and AIR FRYER LEMON SCONES.
What Are Scones?
Scones are a traditional biscuit from the United Kingdom. They are usually referred to as biscuits, served with some lemon curd or jam. They are usually baked. Today I used my air fryer and came up with a savory scone.
In America, we referred to them as scones. They are traditionally blueberry, although other flavors and fruits are sometimes used.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Apple Cheddar Bacon Scones
- All-Purpose Flour
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Cheddar Bacon Scones
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Mix well. In another bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Then add in the buttermilk. Fold in the cheddar cheese, apples, and bacon, mix well.
Spray your scone pan with cooking spray. Then add the scone batter into the scone pan. In a small bowl, mix the egg and water, and then brush over the scones.
Set the scone pan into the air fryer for 12 to 15 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
HOW DO I GET MY SCONES NOT TO BE SO HARD?
The only time that scones get hard is when they are overcooked. So be careful not to overbake them in the air fryer, and the minutes the toothpick comes out clean, remove the scones.
Another reason why scones come out hard is that the dough is overworked, be careful not to overmix the dough. Once the dough is combined, stop mixing.
CAN I ADD OTHER FRUIT BESIDES APPLES?
This is a great recipe if you want to add other fruit. I also have made them by taking the apples out and making a delicious cheddar and bacon scone. Absolutely delish, so if you do not have any fresh fruit on hand, omit.
You will still get an amazing scone.
WHAT DO YOU PUT ON A SCONE?
Typically in England, you would add lemon curd or jam. In America, we either eat them plain or put butter on them.
Whatever you put on them, they will be delish.
AIR FRYER SAFE PANS, JUST FOR MAKING SCONES–
These are my two favorite scone mold pans.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Scone Recipes-
- AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES
- EASY AIR FRYER CHERRY SCONES
- AIR FRYER LEMON SCONES
- AIR FRYER EASY, GINGERBREAD SCONES
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 strips bacon (cooked and diced)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cooking Spray
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Mix well. In another bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Then add in the buttermilk. Fold in the cheddar cheese, apples, and bacon, mix well.
- Spray your scone pan with cooking spray. Then add the scone batter into the scone pan. In a small bowl, mix the egg and water, and then brush over the scones.
- Set the scone pan into the air fryer for 12 to 15 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 817mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g