I love making scones in my air fryer. They cup out nice, light, and flaky—a perfect morning combination. I usually make a batch the night before, so breakfast is waiting for me when I wake up. Today, I am sharing with you my very easy Air Fryer Cherry Scones Recipe.
Today, my goal is to teach you everything that you will need in order to make a great batch of air fryer cherry scones. This is a perfect breakfast, snack, or an amazing dessert.
If you have never eaten a scone before, this is the perfect recipe to start with. This recipe is easy and creates the perfect combination of flavors, buttery from the butter, but tart due to the cherries.
If you are looking for other Air Fryer Scone Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES, AIR FRYER LEMON SCONES, AIR FRYER, CINNAMON CHIP SCONES and AIR FRYER, RASPBERRY SCONES.
What You Will Need For This Recipe– (Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cherry Scones)
- All-Purpose Flour: When you measure your flour for this recipe or any reason, here is one of the keys. It is essential that you measure it correctly, then level it off with the knife. Otherwise, you might end up with too much flour. You can also use a combination of all-purpose and cake flour.
- Sugar: I used regular white sugar. But if you want them sweeter, change out the white sugar for brown sugar.
- Baking Powder & Salt: We use two teaspoons in this recipe, which gives the scones a great puff to them.
- Cold Unsalted Butter: The butter for scones always has to be cold or even frozen. This is one of the ways to get a flaky and light texture. Cold butter is one of the best secrets to making great-tasting scones because as the butter melts, it keeps your scone moist.
- Whipping Cream: This helps to make your scones moist as they bake.
- Eggs & Pure Vanilla Extract: The egg creates a light texture, and the vanilla extract gives it an extra boost of flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Cherry Scones
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then cut your butter into 1-inch pieces, and add them to the flour mixture. Mix until the mixture resembles a crumbly mixture.
Then mix in the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and cherries. Mix it slightly, and then knead it only a few times, so it’s a formed dough.
Then place the dough into your pan, which has been sprayed with olive oil. If you do not have a scone pan, make it into circles or small biscuit shapes.
Set into the air fryer for 12-14 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Some of My Other Scone Recipes–
Some Tips When Making This Recipe–
- Keep your ingredients cold, until you are ready for them.
- Do NOT over mix the dough, this is one of the most common problems when baking. If you overwork the dough for the scones, the scone will end up being tough. Once the dough comes together, you are done with working the dough.
Scones vs Biscuits–
When I post my recipe to my global Facebook Group, we get on a debate about whether these are scones or biscuits.
The general rule about scones vs biscuits is that scones have eggs in them, but biscuits do not.
Scone Pans For the Air Fryer-
This is one of my favorite topics because I honestly believe with the correct pan you can create anything in the air fryer. I was lucky enough to order this pan, early in my air fryer days. and I simply just cut it, so it would fit my basket air fryer.
Do Not Forget To Pin, Air Fryer Cherry Scones–
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Then cut your butter into 1-inch pieces, and add them to the flour mixture.
- Mix until the mixture resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Then mix in the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and cherries.
- Mix it slightly, and then knead it only a few times, so it’s a formed dough.
- Then place the dough into your pan, which has been sprayed with olive oil.
- Set into the air fryer for 12-14 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!