I love making scones in my air fryer. They cup out nice, light, and flaky—a perfect morning combination. I usually make a batch the night before, so breakfast is waiting for me when I wake up. Today, I am sharing my very easy Air Fryer Cherry Scones Recipe with you.
Today, my goal is to teach you everything you need to make a great batch of air fryer cherry scones. This is a perfect breakfast, snack, or a fantastic dessert.
If you have never eaten a scone before, this is the perfect recipe to start with. This recipe is easy and creates the ideal flavors, buttery from the butter but tart due to the cherries.
If you are looking for other Air Fryer Scone Recipes, my favorites are AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES, AIR FRYER LEMON SCONES, AIR FRYER, CINNAMON CHIP SCONES and AIR FRYER, RASPBERRY SCONES.
What You Will Need For This Recipe– (Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cherry Scones)
- All-Purpose Flour: When you measure your flour for this recipe or for any reason, here is one of the keys. You must measure it correctly, then level it off with the knife. Otherwise, you might end up with too much flour. You can also use a combination of all-purpose and cake flour.
- Sugar: I used regular white sugar. But if you want them sweeter, change out the white sugar for brown sugar.
- Baking Powder & Salt: We use two teaspoons in this recipe, giving the scones a great puff.
- Cold Unsalted Butter: The butter for scones always has to be cold or frozen. This is one of the ways to get a flaky and light texture. Cold butter is one of the best secrets to making great-tasting scones because as the butter melts, it keeps your scone moist.
- Whipping Cream: This helps to make your scones moist as they bake.
- Eggs & Pure Vanilla Extract: The egg creates a light texture, and the vanilla extract gives it an extra boost of flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Cherry Scones
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Then cut your butter into 1-inch pieces, and add them to the flour mixture. Mix until the mixture resembles a crumbly mixture.
Then mix in the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and cherries. Mix it slightly, and then knead it only a few times, so it’s a formed dough.
Then place the dough into your pan, sprayed with olive oil. If you do not have a scone pan, make it into circles or small biscuit shapes.
Set into the air fryer for 12-14 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Some of My Other Scone Recipes–
Some Tips When Making This Recipe–
- Keep your ingredients cold until you are ready for them.
- Do NOT over mix the dough, and this is one of the most common problems when baking. If you overwork the dough for the scones, the scone will be tough. Once the dough comes together, you are done with working the dough.
Scones vs. Biscuits–
When I post my recipe to my global Facebook Group, we debate whether these are scones or biscuits.
The general rule about scones vs. biscuits is that scones have eggs, but biscuits do not.
Scone Pans For the Air Fryer-
This is one of my favorite topics because I honestly believe that you can create anything in the air fryer with the correct pan. I was lucky enough to order this pan early in my air fryer days. And I just cut it so that it would fit my basket air fryer.
- Baking Molds Triangle Cavity Silicone 8 Red Silicone Portion Cake Mold Soap Mould Pizza Slices Scone Baking Pan
- When I purchased my first full-size air fryer, I already had this in my pans, and it makes for a fantastic scone.
Do Not Forget To Pin Air Fryer Cherry Scones–
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Then cut your butter into 1-inch pieces, and add them to the flour mixture.
- Mix until the mixture resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Then mix in the heavy whipping cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and cherries.
- Mix it slightly, and then knead it only a few times, so it’s a formed dough.
- Then place the dough into your pan, which has been sprayed with olive oil.
- Set into the air fryer for 12-14 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.