Air Fryer Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones — Every year, Starbucks comes out with its famous drink, the ultimate Pumpkin Spice Latte. These are the perfect drink to get you in the mood for fall. But, you need something delicious to eat it with, so today, I recreated another famous pumpkin menu item!
The air fryer is the newest way to make your favorite Starbucks pumpkin scones at home! The easiest recipe for Air Fryer Starbucks Pumpkin Scones makes for a perfect quick breakfast or afternoon snack.
If you love Starbucks as much as my family and me, I have made some great Air Fryer Copycat Starbucks Recipes of some of the most beloved menu items over the years, including NINJA FOODI COPYCAT STARBUCKS COFFEE CAKE, AIR FRYER STARBUCKS CRANBERRY BLISS BARS COPYCAT RECIPE, AIR FRYER COPYCAT STARBUCKS ICED LEMON LOAF, and AIR FRYER COPYCAT STARBUCKS CHEESE DANISH.
What Is A Scone?
The scones are a traditional British food that has been around for centuries. In America, we call them biscuits. They are a traditional breakfast or afternoon food, served at tea time. Scone can be prepared with anything, from blueberries to cheddar cheese.
In England, scones are typically served with either clotted cream, butter, or jam. But in America, we usually use a glaze or dust them with powdered sugar before serving.
Today’s variety, Air Fryer Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones, is sweetened with pumpkin for an afternoon treat, breakfast, or even as a dessert!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
- Heavy Cream
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Air Fryer Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar in a bowl.
Add the butter and work it into the batter until it resembles coarse sand.
Add the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and egg, and stir until you have a dough.
Transfer the batter to a floured surface and shape it into a disk around 8 inches wide. Cut into scones.
Spray the cooking spray and place the scones into the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Notes On The Ingredients:
The best scones are made with a light and flaky pastry, perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea. Follow these tips to create the perfect batch of pumpkin scones every time!
Butter: For best results, use very cold or frozen butter in this recipe. One of the best reasons to use cold butter is as they air fry up, the butter will melt, giving you a tremendous rich and delicious scone. You will also get the traditional flavor of the scone.
For best results, grate the butter. The result will be a very moist scone.
Pumpkin Puree: For best results, remove the pumping from the can and use a paper towel to get some moisture out of the pumpkin.
Spices: While I used a traditional pumpkin pie spice, if you do not have any, you can switch it out for a combination of ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground ginger, nutmeg, and ground cloves. Make sure that those spices combine only the same pumpkin pie spice called for in the recipe.
Brown Sugar: I used dark brown sugar, but you can switch it out for light brown sugar.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Scones:
- You can make this recipe in any Air Fryer, including the Air Fryer Basket and oven models. You can also make these in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and Mealthy Lid. The recipe will remain the same, cooking time will vary.
- Try to cut your scones equal size, so they all cook up together.
- If you find that your dough is sticking, you can either use a piece of parchment paper or an Air Fryer reusable silicone liner.
- For best results, do not over mix the dough, once it’s combined, stop mixing, over mixing will lead to a dense and dried-out scone.
How To Store Scones:
Over the years, with making these scones, I have realized that storing Air Fryer Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones in the refrigerator will only lead to dried-out scones.
So, wrap the pumpkin scones individually in a saran wrap for best results, and leave them on the counter. They will last for about 3 to 4 days.
How To Freeze Scones:
The best way to freeze scones is by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and storing them in a freezer bag in the freezer.
To reheat, remove from the freezer and place into the microwave or air fryer for a few minutes on each side.
More Air Fryer Copycat Starbucks Recipes:
- AIR FRYER STARBUCKS CRANBERRY BLISS BARS COPYCAT RECIPE
- AIR FRYER, CRANBERRY BLISS BAR COOKIES (STARBUCKS COPYCAT)
- NINJA FOODI COPYCAT STARBUCKS COFFEE CAKE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT STARBUCKS PUMPKIN BREAD
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT STARBUCKS CHEESE DANISH
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT STARBUCKS BANANA BREAD
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT STARBUCKS DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- AIR FRYER STARBUCKS COPYCAT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, frozen, and grated
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add the butter and work it into the batter until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and egg, and stir until you have a dough.
- Transfer the batter to a floured surface and shape it into a disk around 8 inches wide. Cut into scones.
- Spray the cooking spray and place the scones into the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, or cooking spray