Today, I made this amazing bread. I actually made 3 of them. They were delicious, they made a great breakfast, and afternoon snack.
I have been using my air fryer and experiment with different foods. so this is what I came up with.
Follow along with our cooking adventures on Facebook
This is one of the simplest recipes ever, but the taste is fabulous. This actually is going to be a regular series on my blog, because as I recently discovered, there is so many varieties of quick breads that do fabulous in the Air Fryer. I didn’t even know before today, that Williams Sonoma has a huge section of their website dedicated to this. They have amazing flavors such as Pineapple Brown Sugar, doesn’t that sound fabulous, to strawberry. So, maybe I will try them all LOL.
I am not a great baker. I love a good baking hack because my family loves dessert, but I’ve never been that good with it. I prefer cooking. But, I have been really experimenting with the air fryer.
The one word of caution about baking in the air fryer is it’s more complicated to bake in the air fryer because it will really depend on your air fryer. What works in one of my air fryers does not work in my other air fryer. My little tip for this, is that I usually set it for a temperature, and then I take it out and look at it, does it need more time, how much time? If it’s sort of golden brown, I usually check on it a LOT in the last 5 minutes of baking/air frying. Basically, because I don’t want to eat up with burnt food. So, use your common sense while baking and don’t’ be afraid to experiment. Most of my greatest recipes have started out as experiments.
My mother used to make these for breakfast and early morning sports games, nowadays I make Quick Bread. Quick breads are great because they can be prepared ahead of time, and they freeze amazingly. Quick bread comes in a huge amount of variety and they are super easy to whip up and create a fast and somewhat healthy breakfast or snack. (They also make a wonderful dessert)
To be successful at making the batter for loaves of bread in the Air Fryer:
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In most quick loaves of bread, this will include flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them all together.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl. This usually includes milk, oil, and eggs.
- Then combine the two together and mix until all of the dry ingredients are gone, scrape the bottom of the pan. To make sure that when you fill the cake pan, you do not come across any flour, that has not to be absorbed into the wet ingredients.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter, as you will increase the level of gluten and the bread will become tough.
I will give you a word of warning these pieces of bread are addicting, you will not be able to eat just one piece. The flavor is AMAZING! This makes an amazing breakfast, pair it with a great cup of coffee and you have the best breakfast you will ever have. I hope that you give it a sot, you will not be disappointed.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This is a great and easy recipe. I made the entire loaf in my air fryer, depending on the size of your air fryer, you can either make 3 mini loaves or 1 regular size loaf. This is a nod to the Starbucks Famous Lemon Loaf Cake.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1–2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Then mix in the eggs, lemon zest, vanilla extract, flour, salt (if using), baking soda and sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Then pour the prepared batter into an air fryer safe pan, which has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (you can also use olive oil spray)
- Set in your air fryer oven or basket and set the temperature for 330 degrees F, for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes, flip the quick bread and cook for another 5 minutes until both sides are set. The exact time is doing to depend on the air fryer model you own and the pans that you are using. The larger loaf will take longer than the mini loaves. Continue to air fry, until, you can stick a toothpick in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool, and then in a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Spread the icing over the top.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: starbucks lemon loaf cake true copycat recipe easy moist lemon cake recipe super moist lemon cake recipe easy lemon cake recipe southern lemon cake recipe easy lemon cake recipe from scratch lemon pound cake best ever lemon cake