Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven. What child wouldn’t love piping hot blueberry scones with vanilla icing (glaze) for breakfast? What is better they take such little time, and the kids all come into the kitchen every morning to see what type of treat, I have made. I guess this will be one of their traditions, when they are older and look back at their childhood. I guess there could be worse traditions.
Now, my oldest son has a Gluten Allergy, so while I am photographing the regular flour recipes, I do make him a couple in his own air fryer, that we designated for him.
My mother is a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On most nights, I can remember her baking something special for the next morning and we would grab one of our walks to school each morning. This was great because my sister and I were always running late to school. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was a life-saver in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
Everyone always asks me how I get an air fryer scone pan that fits into my basket, well here is my hack—
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
These are a very easy breakfast to make. Using Jiffy muffin mix, you have a real homemade taste in your mouth in a matter of minutes. My kids absolutely loved this, I served it with a drizzle of confectionary sugar icing.
- 2 packages Jiffy blueberry mufifn mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Start by blending the blueberry muffin mix, flour, butter and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend until everything is well combined.
- I use these scones pans (see my blog post for what I did, and how I got them to fit into the air fryer)
- Press your batter into the mold, making sure to press the edges, firmly in.
- Set the pan in the air fryer oven for 12 minutes, at 320 degrees F, after 12 minutes flip them and cook the bottom for about 2 minutes more.
- Plate, serve and enjoy! (I mixed Confectionary sugar and milk, until it was a good consistency, and drizzled it on top)
Keywords: air fryer cheese scones fried scones in air fryer air fryer utah scones air fryer navajo tacos air fryer fry bread how to make scones in an air fryer air fryer recipes scone recipe