Air Fryer Banana Scones — This recipe is a quick and easy way to get your breakfast done in no time. The air fryer will cook the scones in minutes, so you’ll have them on your plate before you know it!
Today, I used a great package of Jiffy Banana Muffin and came up with this recipe, and it’s perfect for the Air Fryer.
This recipe is so easy & Absolutely delicious! There is nothing better than a quick and delicious breakfast! Even if you have never made scones, this is a great starter recipe, and baking in the Air Fryer has never been better!
If you fall in love with a great Air Fryer Scone Recipe, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES, AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES, and AIR FRYER CHERRY SCONES.
What Are Scones?
Scones are a type of baked good that is most often served for breakfast. They may also be used as an accompaniment to desserts, such as ice cream or custard.
The scone’s origins are unclear, but it is speculated that they date back to medieval times when bakers would use left-over dough from the previous day’s bread-making process to create miniature cakes with different toppings. It is believed that these “scoten” were introduced by Scottish monks who had traveled abroad and brought their recipes home with them.
The air fryer is a fantastic place to cook up a great batch of homemade Air Fryer Banana Scones.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Banana Scones
- Jiffy Banana Muffin Mix
- All-Purpose Flour
- Sour Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Scones
Start by blending the banana muffin mix, flour, butter, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Blend until everything is well combined
Pour the batter into your scone pan. Press your batter into the mold, making sure to press the edges firmly in. Set in the air fryer oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Pro Tips For Making Scones:
- Do not over mix. Once your batter is prepared, stop mixing. If you continue to mix, you will end up with dense scones.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- If you do not have a scone pan, you can prepare these in a muffin tin. The cooking time will be about the same.
Homemade Powder Sugar Icing
Today, I made a simple powdered sugar icing, which is where you combine 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of milk. (or a milk alternative)
For even more flavor, you can substitute milk for maple syrup.
How To Store Air Fryer Banana Scones
Air fryer banana scones are a fun way to switch up your breakfast routine. They’re easy to make and even easier to store, making them perfect for busy mornings or lazy weekends when you want something sweet!
For best results, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. At room temperature, they will last for 2 to 3 days.
What Scone Pan To Use In The Air Fryer
I have been using this pan for years. And the best thing about the pan is that it will fit any air fryer. With a pair of scissors, you can cut your scone pan down to size.
MORE AIR FRYER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER MINI CHEESE FRITTATAS
- CRISPY AIR FRYER BACON
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES
- AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON
- EASY AIR FRYER BACON SALTED CARAMEL DONUTS
- AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG
DON’T FORGET TO PIN:
Air Fryer Banana Scones
Banana Scones Ingredients:
- 2 packages Jiffy Banana Muffin mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or maple syrup
- Start by blending the banana muffin mix, flour, butter, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend until everything is well combined.
- Press your batter into the mold, making sure to press the edges firmly in.
- Set in the air fryer oven for 12 to 15 minutes, at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Drizzle the icing over the banana scones right before serving.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper