Best Air Fryer Bacon – Thick or Thin Bacon! Crispy Air Fryer Bacon is amazing! Nothing is better in the morning than a crispy and perfectly cooked bacon plate!
Crispy Air Fryer Bacon is amazing! Nothing is better in the morning than a crispy and perfectly cooked bacon plate!
Air Fryer Bacon
Crispy Air Fryer Bacon is amazing! Nothing is better than cooking bacon in the air fryer! This is a total game-changer; if you have been using microwave bacon, you will love this version, and it will soon become one of your favorite things to cook in the air fryer!
I love a great plate of crispy bacon, and you will soon find that there is nothing better than the air fryer method for cooking the crispiest bacon, no flimsy bacon for this girl, cooked in a fraction of time, and with no oil and no splattering of oil, you can now make bacon in minutes! Perfectly cooked bacon, exactly how you like it!
Suppose you are looking for some GREAT Air Fryer Egg Recipes to go with your bacon. In that case, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG, AIR FRYER FRIED EGG SANDWICH, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST QUESADILLA, and AIR FRYER EGG SALAD SANDWICHES.
Ingredients Needed For Perfect Air Fryer Bacon
Air fryer bacon is a quick and hassle-free way to achieve perfectly crispy and delicious bacon. With minimal effort and mess, you can enjoy this breakfast favorite in no time.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Bacon Strips: Use your preferred type of bacon, whether regular, thick-cut, or even turkey bacon.
- Air Fryer: You’ll need an air fryer to cook the bacon efficiently.
That’s it! With just these two simple ingredients, you’re on your way to enjoying perfectly cooked bacon using your air fryer.
How To Cook Bacon In Air Fryer
Cooking bacon in an air fryer is a quick and convenient method that yields crispy and delicious results. Here’s how to do it:
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C) for 3-5 minutes. This step ensures that the bacon will cook evenly and become crispy.
Prepare the Bacon: While the air fryer is preheating, lay the bacon strips flat on a clean surface. You can use as many bacon strips as your air fryer can comfortably accommodate without overlapping.
Arrange in the Air Fryer: Once preheated, place the bacon strips in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure they don’t overlap to ensure even cooking. You can use a rack or parchment paper in the basket to catch any grease for easier cleanup.
Cooking Time: Close the air fryer and set the cook time for 8-10 minutes, depending on your desired level of crispiness. For thinner bacon, start with 8 minutes; go for 12 minutes for thicker bacon. It’s a good idea to check on the bacon halfway through cooking and rearrange any pieces if needed.
Check for Doneness: When cooking is up, carefully open the air fryer and check the bacon. If it has reached your preferred level of crispiness, remove it. If not, you can add a minute or two more and continue cooking, keeping a close eye on it.
Drain and Serve: Remove the cooked bacon from the air fryer and place it on paper towels to drain any excess grease. Serve immediately while it’s hot and crispy.
Air fryer bacon is a quick and easy way to enjoy this breakfast classic without the mess of stovetop cooking. Adjust the cooking time to your preference, and you’ll have perfectly cooked bacon in no time.
Pro Tips For The Best Bacon Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips to achieve the best bacon in an air fryer:
- Use Thick-Cut Bacon: Thick-cut bacon tends to work better in the air fryer because it doesn’t become overly crispy too quickly, allowing you to achieve the perfect level of crispiness without burning.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer before cooking bacon. This ensures even cooking and helps the bacon get crispy from the start.
- Avoid Overlapping: Arrange the bacon strips in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t overlap. Overlapping can lead to uneven cooking and less crispy results.
- Use Parchment Paper or a Rack: Placing a sheet of parchment paper or an air fryer rack in the basket can help catch grease drippings and make cleanup easier.
- Check and Flip: Midway through cooking, check the bacon and, if necessary, flip the strips to ensure even cooking on both sides. This step can help you achieve uniform crispiness.
- Adjust Cooking Time: The cooking time for bacon in an air fryer can vary depending on your preferred level of crispiness and the thickness of the bacon. Don’t be afraid to experiment with cooking times to achieve the perfect bacon texture for your taste.
- Monitor Closely: Keep a close eye on the bacon, during the cooking process, especially as it nears the end of the cooking time. Bacon can go from perfectly crispy to burnt quickly in an air fryer.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: If you’re particular about the doneness of your bacon, you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Bacon is typically done when it reaches around 160-165°F (71-74°C).
- Drain Excess Grease: After cooking, place the cooked bacon on paper towels to drain any excess grease. This step helps maintain its crispiness.
- Flavor Variations: Get creative with your bacon by sprinkling it with seasonings like black pepper, brown sugar, or smoked paprika before air-frying it for extra flavor.
By following these pro tips, you can make the best air-fried bacon that’s perfectly crispy and delicious every time.
How To Prevent Smoke When Cooking Bacon In Air Fryer
Preventing smoke when cooking bacon in an air fryer is essential for a hassle-free cooking experience. Here are some tips to help you avoid smoke:
- Use a Parchment Paper Liner: Place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the air fryer basket. This will catch any bacon grease that drips during cooking, preventing it from reaching the heating element and causing smoke. Make sure to use parchment paper that is safe for air fryers.
- Bread: Add a piece of bread underneath the basket and the liner to catch the excess grease, and it’s perfect for easy cleanup!
- Trim Excess Fat: If your bacon has a lot of excess fat, consider trimming some before cooking. This can reduce the amount of grease that splatters and creates smoke.
- Check Bacon Thickness: Thicker bacon produces less smoke than thin, lean bacon. Opt for thick-cut bacon if you want to minimize smoke.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket with bacon strips. Arrange them in a single layer without overlapping to ensure proper air circulation. You may need to cook bacon in batches if you have much to cook.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the bacon can help reduce initial smoke. Preheating ensures that the cooking environment is already hot when you start cooking.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Keep a close eye on the bacon as it cooks. The cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and the specific air fryer model. Avoid overcooking, as this can lead to excess smoke.
- Use an Air Fryer Lid: Some air fryer models come with lids that can help contain splatters and reduce smoke. If your air fryer has a lid, consider using it when cooking bacon.
- Ventilation: Ensure good kitchen ventilation by using an exhaust fan or opening a window while cooking. This can help dissipate any smoke that does occur.
- Regular Cleaning: Maintain your air fryer by regularly cleaning the basket, tray, and heating element to prevent the buildup of grease and residue, which can lead to smoke during cooking.
- Experiment: Bacon brands and thicknesses can vary, so you may need to experiment with different settings and techniques to find the best way to cook bacon in your specific air fryer model without excessive smoke.
By following these tips and adjusting your cooking method as needed, you can enjoy delicious bacon in your air fryer without the hassle of smoke.
FAQ’s Easy Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
Can I cook bacon in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook bacon in an air fryer. It’s a convenient and efficient way to make crispy bacon without the mess of stovetop cooking.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer for bacon?
Preheating the air fryer before cooking bacon is recommended. It helps ensure even cooking and consistent results.
What type of bacon is best for the air fryer?
Thick-cut bacon works well in the air fryer because it maintains its texture and doesn’t become overly crispy too quickly. However, you can use any type of bacon you prefer.
How long should I cook bacon in the air fryer?
Cooking times can vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of crispiness. Generally, it takes about 8-12 minutes at 350°F (175°C). Keep an eye on it as it cooks, as bacon can quickly go from crispy to burnt.
Should I use any accessories in the air fryer when cooking bacon?
You can use parchment paper, lining the bottom of the air fryer basket, or an air fryer rack to help catch grease drippings and make cleanup easier. Some air fryers come with bacon-specific racks.
Can I cook bacon in batches in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook bacon in batches by arranging a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overlapping the strips for even cooking.
How do I prevent bacon from curling in the air fryer?
To prevent bacon from curling, you can use toothpicks to secure the ends of the strips to the air fryer basket or place a heat-resistant item on top of the bacon to weigh it down.
What should I do with excess bacon grease from the air fryer?
Allow the excess grease to cool and solidify, then discard it properly. Do not pour it down the drain, as it can clog pipes.
Can I flavor the bacon while cooking in the air fryer?
Yes, you can add seasonings like black pepper, brown sugar, or smoked paprika to the bacon before air frying for extra flavor.
How do I store leftover cooked bacon?– Store leftover bacon, cooled to room temperature, cooked bacon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave or air fryer when ready to eat.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Some Other Air Fryer Bacon Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON
- AIR FRYER BACON SALTED CARAMEL DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BACON
- AIR FRYER MAPLE CANDIED BACON
- AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON
- EASY AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
- AIR FRYER TURKEY BACON
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- 4 slices bacon, (thick-cut or regular, as per your preference)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for about 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange Bacon: Place the bacon slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they don’t overlap.
- Cook the Bacon: Cook the bacon in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through for even cooking. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and your air fryer model, so keep an eye on it to prevent overcooking.
- Check for Crispiness: After the cooking time, check the bacon for your desired level of crispiness. If it needs more time, you can continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and Drain: Carefully remove the cooked bacon from the air fryer basket using tongs and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess grease.
- Serve: Serve the crispy bacon immediately as a delicious side or as part of your favorite breakfast or dish.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional
- You can adjust the cooking time based on your preference for crispiness. For softer bacon, reduce the cooking time, and for extra crispy bacon, extend it slightly.
- If you’re cooking a larger batch of bacon, you may need to cook it in multiple batches to avoid overcrowding the air fryer, which can result in uneven cooking.
- Thick-cut bacon generally takes a bit longer to cook than regular bacon, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Keep in mind that some air fryer models may cook bacon faster or slower, so it’s a good idea to test with a couple of slices first to find the perfect cooking time for your specific appliance.