Bacon, bacon and more bacon. Everyone loves bacon. It’s one of America’s favorite foods, according to research America consumes over 600 million pounds of bacon, every year. My own kids absolutely love to eat it, they can eat an entire plate of bacon, without eating anything else, in fact, one time, my son Jason, ate an entire plate of bacon at a hotel, and that’s all, no eggs, no toast, just a plain plate of bacon. (He did finish it off with a huge glass of milk, so I guess it balances out, LOL)
There are a ton of ways that you can jazz up this common food, I recently started to candy them, and they are fabulous. Bacon is also low carb, so if you are on a low carb diet, you can use it in lots of recipes.
Here are some tips of bacon:
- Always, preheat the air fryer, bacon tends to cook better on a hot surface.
- Spread out the bacon, so it’s flat in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F.
- If you add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket, you will prevent smoke that occurs, when you are air frying bacon.
- At the halfway point, always flip the bacon.
Fair warning though, if you are making this in the air fryer, it gets very messy, make sure you add foil on the bottom, to help catch the drippings. Otherwise, just remember to soak it before you add it to the dishwasher.
Another warning this stuff is highly addictive, it’s as sweet as candy but has the lovely sweet-savory taste that lingers in your mouth. My husband thought it looked burnt, but him being a guy still shoveled it into his mouth and his only response, as he grabbed a few more pieces for the drive to work, was boy this is good.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer (Today I made bacon in the air fryer, Omni)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Easy Crispy Bacon In The Air Fryer
This is the perfect recipe for making crispy bacon in the air fryer. Today I used the Omni Instant Pot Air Fryer, and the tray was so easy to make delicious bacon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound bacon
- Start by laying out the bacon in your air fryer basket or in the tray, you got for your air fryer oven.
- Be careful not to crowd the bacon.
- Then place the tray into the air fryer oven and set the temperature for 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, flip the bacon and add 2 minutes more. If you want it extra crunchy add a minute.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: bacon in air fryer oven how to cook bacon in air fryer oven ninja air fryer bacon air fryer bacon smoke power air fryer oven bacon gourmia air fryer bacon turkey bacon in air fryer how to cook air fryer bacon and eggs