How To Reheat Scones In Air Fryer— If you love scones but don’t always have the time to whip up a fresh batch, you’ll be happy to know there is an easier way to reheat them! Using an air fryer, you can quickly and easily reheat your scones until they’re warm and delicious.
Below, we will walk you through all the steps—from prepping your ingredients to timing and temperature settings —needed for perfect scones every time. So get out of your air fryer and prepare for a delicious treat in no time!
Why Reheat Scones
Reheating scones can bring back the delightful experience of enjoying them as if they were freshly baked. Here’s why one might choose to reheat scones:
- Restore Freshness: Scones can become stale or lose their original moist texture over time. Reheating can help revitalize them, making them soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Enhance Flavor: Warming scones can intensify their flavors and aromas, making them even more enjoyable.
- Serve as Intended: Some scone recipes, especially those with certain fillings or toppings, are meant to be enjoyed warm.
- Safety: If scones have been left out for an extended period, reheating can ensure they are safe to eat by raising their temperature, thus reducing the risk of foodborne illnesses.
- Versatility: Warm scones can be paired with various toppings, like clotted cream, butter, or jam, which can melt beautifully onto a heated surface.
- Improved Texture: For those who prefer a crisp exterior to their scone, reheating can reintroduce that desired crunch, which may have been lost as the scones cooled or were stored.
- Homely Experience: There’s something comforting about a warm pastry, and reheating scones can create a cozy, homely feeling, especially when paired with a hot beverage.
While scones are delightful even when cool, reheating them can elevate the eating experience, bringing them closer to that fresh-out-of-the-oven magic.
Best Way to Reheat Scones
The best method to reheat scones largely depends on your priorities, such as convenience, desired texture, and equipment available. Here’s a breakdown of the best ways to reheat scones:
How To Reheat Scones In Oven
- Procedure: Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Place the scones on a baking sheet and heat for about 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Advantages: This method provides even heating and maintains the scone’s original texture, making it crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Best For: Achieving near-original freshness and texture, especially when reheating multiple scones.
How To Reheat Scones In Microwave
- Procedure: Place the scone on a microwave-safe plate and heat on medium power for about 20-30 seconds. If the scone is not warm enough, continue heating in 10-second intervals.
- Advantages: It’s fast and convenient.
- Disadvantages: The scone can become somewhat soft or even slightly chewy.
- Best For: A quick reheat, especially when you’re in a hurry or reheating just one or two scones.
How To Reheat Scones In Air Fryer
- Procedure: Preheat the air fryer to 300°F (150°C). Place the scones in the basket without overcrowding and heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Advantages: Achieves a crispy exterior while keeping the inside moist.
- Best For Those who prefer a crispier texture and have an air fryer.
How To Reheat Scones In Steam Oven
- Procedure: If you have a steam oven, use its reheating function. Alternatively, use a steamer basket in a pot with a little water. Ensure the scone doesn’t touch the water. Steam for a few minutes until warm.
- Advantages: Retains moisture, preventing the scone from drying out.
- Disadvantages: The scone will lack a crisp exterior.
- Best For: Softening older, slightly dry scones.
How To Reheat Scones In Aluminum Foil
- Procedure: Wrap scones individually in aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for about 15 minutes.
- Advantages: The foil helps retain moisture, preventing the scone from drying out.
- Best For: Keeping scones moist, especially if they’ve started to dry out.
Pro Tips For Reheating Scones In Air Fryer
When reheating scones in an air fryer, getting the best results requires a few pro tips. Here are some expert suggestions to ensure you achieve that perfect, just-baked freshness:
- Gentle Temperature: Opt for a moderate temperature, typically around 300°F (150°C). High heat can dry out the scones or brown them too quickly.
- No Overcrowding: Ensuring the scones aren’t touching or overlapping in the air fryer is essential. Overcrowding can result in uneven reheating.
- Monitor Closely: Since air fryers can vary in their heating capabilities, keep a close eye on the scones. It’s easy to overdo it, leading to overly crispy or dried-out scones.
- Cool Down: After reheating, let the scones sit for a few minutes. This brief resting period allows the heat to distribute evenly, ensuring the inside is warmed.
- Mind the Add-ons: If your scones have glaze, icing, or toppings, consider removing them before reheating and re-applying afterward. This prevents the glaze from melting or burning in the air fryer.
- Moisture is Key: Place a small oven-safe water dish in the air fryer alongside the scones to prevent the scones from drying out. This introduces some moisture into the environment, helping to keep the scones soft inside.
- Straight from the Fridge: If your scones are chilled, they might need an extra minute or two in the air fryer. Adjust the reheating time accordingly.
- Reheat in Batches: If you have many scones, it’s better to reheat them in batches rather than cramming them all in at once. This ensures each scone gets the right amount of heat.
- Use Parchment Paper: Lining the air fryer basket with parchment paper can make it easier to remove the scones after reheating, especially if they have any sticky elements like glaze.
- Day-Old Best: Scones that are a day old reheat exceptionally well, as the process helps to refresh them. However, older scones might not get the same rejuvenation and may tend to be drier.
- These pro tips will ensure that your scones come out of the air fryer with a revived crispness, warm and delicious, reminiscent of the day they were first baked!
Some Great Air Fryer Scone Recipes
Looking for even more inspiration for making scones in your air fryer, here are some of my favorite Air Fryer Scone Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON RAISIN SCONES
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET SCONES
- EASY AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY SCONES
- AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES
- AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- EASY AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES
How To Reheat Scones In Air Fryer
- day old scones
- Preheat the air fryer to 300 degrees F (150°C).
- Place the scones in the basket without overcrowding and heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, optional
- Cooking Spray, optional