If you love delicious, flavorful meals that come together quickly and without a whole lot of fuss, then this Instant Pot shrimp scampi with rice is for you!
This easy one-pot meal packs an amazingly complex flavor thanks to the garlic and white wine sauce that cooks the tender shrimp and flavors the accompanying bed of creamy rice.
In less than 30 minutes from start to finish, you can have a dinner table-worthy dish ready for your family or guests. With just a few simple steps and ingredients – most of which are pantry staples – this delightful weeknight meal will surely become a regular on your menu rotation!
The Best Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that is full of flavor and can be made in just minutes? Look no further than The Best Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Recipe! This delicious recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a tasty and satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
With the help of the Instant Pot, you can have juicy and succulent shrimp swimming in a pool of buttery, garlicky goodness in just a matter of minutes. And the best part? This recipe is so versatile that you can serve it over pasta, rice, or with a side of crusty bread to soak up all of that delicious sauce. So what are you waiting for? Give The Best Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Recipe a try tonight, and see for yourself why it’s a crowd-pleaser!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp Scampi is a classic Italian seafood dish that can be enjoyed any time of the year. It packs an amazing flavor punch for its simplicity with ingredients like garlic, butter, and white wine. However, who has the time or energy to wait around for all those flavors to melt together? That’s where your trusty Instant Pot comes in!
This incredible device promises delicious meals fast – perfect for busy families on the go. And did we mention there’s shrimp involved? Keep reading to find out what you need for a speedy and scrumptious meal with this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi recipe.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Raw Shrimp: Use large shrimp that has been cleaned. You can use fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp.
- Olive Oil: Use butter, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil
- Garlic: Use fresh garlic for the best flavor
- Dry White Wine: You can use water or Pinot Grigio
- Broth: Use chicken broth, chicken stock, vegetable stock, or vegetable broth
- Seasonings and Spices: Fresh Lemon Juice, Black Pepper, Kosher Salt
- Serving: Rice, Angel Hair Pasta, White Rice, Fresh Parsley, Parmesan Cheese, or Lemon Zest
How To Cook Shrimp Scampi Instant Pot
Are you looking for an easy yet delicious dinner dish to make with minimal effort? Look no further than this shrimp scampi Instant Pot recipe! All you need are a few common pantry staples, some fresh ingredients, and your trusty pressure cooker – that’s it! This dish is packed with a few simple ingredients and cooks up in just minutes. So don’t get discouraged if cooking feels intimating; we’ve covered you with our step-by-step guide to making shrimp scampi in the Instant Pot. Let’s get ready to impress your taste buds!
Step One: Saute The Garlic
Turn on the Instant Pot, place the olive oil and butter in it, and press saute. As the butter melts, coat the bottom of the pan with the butter and oil, and add the minced garlic.
Step Two: Prepare The Scampi Sauce
After a couple of minutes, add the chicken broth and water, and stir, with a wooden spoon, all around to get the garlic unstuck from the pot. Turn off the Instant Pot and add the shrimp. Put the lid on and make sure it is in the sealing position. Press the manual button so it turns to High Pressure for a cook time of 1 minute. Let it naturally release, then do a quick release.
Step Three: Serving
Serve over pasta with a squeeze of lemon, and garnish with grated cheese, and enjoy!
Here are some pro tips to help you make the best Shrimp Scampi in your Instant Pot:
- Use fresh, high-quality shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- Be sure to devein and remove the shells from the shrimp before cooking to make them easier to eat.
- Use high-quality olive oil and real butter for the best flavor and richness.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes for extra flavor and some heat.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp. They only need a few minutes to cook in the Instant Pot, and overcooking will make them tough and rubbery. Shrimp cooks really fast.
- Use the sauté function on the Instant Pot to cook the garlic, chili flakes, and red pepper flakes before adding the shrimp and liquid. This will help to infuse the dish with more flavor.
- Use a combination of chicken broth and white wine for the liquid to give the dish a depth of flavor. If you prefer, you can use all chicken broth instead.
- Be sure to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pot before pressure cooking to prevent the burn error.
By following these pro tips, you can make the best Shrimp Scampi in your Instant Pot that is flavorful, tender, and delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen shrimp in the Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp in this recipe, but be sure to thaw them before cooking.
Can I substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth?
Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth if you prefer.
Can I use a different type of pasta instead of linguine?
Yes, you can use any pasta that you like. Just adjust the cooking time according to the pasta package directions.
Can I double the recipe in the Instant Pot?
It is not recommended to double the recipe in the Instant Pot, as it may not cook evenly. Making the recipe in batches is best if you need more servings.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Making this recipe ahead of time is not recommended, as the pasta may become overcooked, and the shrimp may become tough. It is best to make this recipe fresh when you are ready to serve it.
Good wine for shrimp scampi
Shrimp scampi is a classic dish that pairs well with various wines. Here are some wine options that complement the flavors of shrimp scampi White Wine, Sparkling wine, and Rose Wine.
What to serve with instant pot shrimp scampi pasta
For a quick meal, serve with garlic bread, lemon wedges, zucchini noodles, tossed green salad, or a simple pasta dish.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine, or water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Optional: Serve over rice or spaghetti
- Turn on the Instant Pot and place the olive oil and butter in it, and press saute.
- As the butter melts, coat the bottom of the pan with the butter and oil, add the garlic.
- After a couple of minutes, add the chicken broth and water, stir it all around to get the garlic unstuck from the pot.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add the shrimp.
- Put the lid on and make sure it’s sealed. Press the manual button, so it turns to High Pressure for 1 minute.
- Let it naturally release.
- Optional: Serve over pasta, and garnish with grated cheese, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot