Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara is one of the easiest pasta dishes you can make in the Instant Pot. But, you still get an amazing flavor with very few ingredients.
This is a traditional carbonara with all of the same flavors, except today; I added some bacon and really brought it up a notch. There is nothing more comforting than a huge vat of pasta.
If you are looking for some other easy Instant Pot Pasta Recipes, some of my favorites are NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI, INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI, INSTANT POT SHRIMP SCAMPI or INSTANT POT COPYCAT CHILI’S CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA.
Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara
If you are not familiar with Carbonara, it is a typical Italian Pasta, usually prepared with pancetta, which is Italian Bacon. Today, we changed it out for regular bacon, which is more common in people’s homes.
You will still get all of the traditional flavors, as a regular Carbonara Dish.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara
Have you ever wanted to try your hand at making a delicious Italian classic, but have been frantic with worry that it would take too long to make? Well, look no further! In this post, we will be sharing the secret ingredients needed for cooking up the tasteful Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara in no time.
This recipe is one of those classic combination dishes where creamy pasta meets crispy bacon and herbs—an extremely tasty treat that everyone around your dinner table will love! Whether you’re trying something new or just looking for an easy way to spruce up your weeknight dinner routine, this post has got everything covered from start to finish. So set the timer on your instant pot and let’s get started!
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page.
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara
Break spaghetti noodles in half and place them into the Instant Pot— layered and crossed. Pour the water until the noodles are completely submerged. Close the lid, seal the pressure valve, and pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. When finished, manually release the pressure.
Drain the noodles saving 1/2 cup of noodle water. Set noodles aside. Set Instant Pot to sauté and add oil. When oil is hot, sauté the bacon until crispy.
Add garlic and butter and sauté until butter is melted. Cancel the Instant Pot from sautéing mode and add pasta, stirring it in.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and Parmesan. Slowly stir the egg and cheese mixture in so that the egg does not scramble. Add the noodle water and stir well. Garnish with salt and pepper.
How To Store Leftover Carbonara
Leftover Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara can be easily stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. When storing leftovers, place them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Make sure to cool the carbonara completely before transferring it to the storage container. This will help keep it fresh and prevent the development of bacteria. Reheat your carbonara on the stove or in the microwave before consuming, and enjoy!
How Long Do You Cook Spaghetti In The Instant Pot
Believe it or not, you can cook spaghetti in the Instant Pot in about 7 minutes.
The key to making spaghetti in the Instant Pot is to put it criss-cross, not stick or clump together. Along with a tablespoon of olive oil or butter, which will ensure that it does not stick.
Ingredient Notes and Variations
Just like regular carbonara, there are many delicious add-ins you can toss in. Some of my favorites are:
- Vegetables: Fresh Spinach, Peas, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Onions, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, or Cauliflower.
- Cheese: Gouda,
- Seafood: New England Clams, Crab
- Fresh Herbs: Oregano, Thyme, Sage, Chives, Rosemary, Basil
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget To Pin!
More Instant Pot Recipes
- INSTANT POT APPLE BUTTER
- INSTANT POT SWEET POTATO PUDDING
- EASY INSTANT POT COPYCAT BISTRO PANERA FRENCH ONION SOUP
- INSTANT POT PANERA CREAMY TOMATO SOUP COPYCAT RECIPE
- INSTANT POT BROWN SUGAR CARROTS
Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black p;epper
- Break spaghetti noodles in half and place in instant pot layered and crossed. Add water until noodles completely submerged. Close the lid, seal the pressure valve, and pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. When finished, manually release the pressure.
- Drain the noodles saving 1/2 cup of noodle water. Set noodles aside.
- Set instant pot to sauté and add oil. When oil is hot, sauté the bacon until crispy.
- Add garlic and butter and sauté until butter is melted.
- Cancel the instant pot from sauté mode and add pasta stirring it in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and Parmesan. Slowly stir egg and cheese mixture in so that the egg does not scramble. Add the noodle water and stir well.
- Garnish with salt and pepper.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Pressure Cooker