Bacon, bacon and more bacon. Everyone loves bacon. It’s one of America’s favorite foods, according to research America consumes over 600 million pounds of bacon, every year. My own kids absolutely love to eat it, they can eat an entire plate of bacon, without eating anything else, in fact, one time, my son Jason, ate an entire plate of bacon at a hotel, and that’s all, no eggs, no toast, just a plain plate of bacon. (He did finish it off with a huge glass of milk, so I guess it balances out, LOL)
There are a ton of ways that you can jazz up this common food, I recently started to candy them, and they are fabulous. Bacon is also low carb, so if you are on a low carb diet, you can use it in lots of recipes.
Here are some tips of bacon:
- Always, preheat the air fryer, bacon tends to cook better on a hot surface.
- Spread out the bacon, so it’s flat in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F., or 175 degrees C.
- If you add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket, you will prevent smoke that occurs, when you are air frying bacon.
- At the halfway point, always flip the bacon.
Fair warning though, if you are making this in the air fryer, it gets very messy, make sure you add foil on the bottom, to help catch the drippings. Otherwise, just remember to soak it before you add it to the dishwasher.
Another warning this stuff is highly addictive, it’s as sweet as candy but has the lovely sweet-savory taste that lingers in your mouth. My husband thought it looked burnt, but him being a guy still shoveled it into his mouth and his only response, as he grabbed a few more pieces for the drive to work, was boy this is good.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fried, Fast —(Candy) Candied Bacon
This is absolutely fabulous, you have the sweetness of the brown sugar and the saltiness of the bacon, it makes for an amazing combination. The flavor will just burst in your mouth.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Start by opening your package of bacon, then cut the slices in half.
- Pour your brown sugar into a long bowl.
- Place your bacon in the brown sugar, and make sure it adheres.
- As you coat your bacon, place them directly on the baking sheet.
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees F, for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, let sit, before you attempt to gobble them up.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: power air fryer candied bacon air fryer bacon candied bacon recipe air fryer bacon jerky maple brown sugar bacon air fryer recipe cod air fryer bacon brown sugar maple syrup dehydrate bacon in air fryer candied bacon video