Air Fryer Candied Bacon is amazing! If you love candied bacon, the Air Fryer is the perfect place to cook up a batch in minutes!
My kids are really in love with bacon, they have had a love affair with it, for years, and today, Iw anted to kick it up a notch, and make them a batch of candied bacon, and this recipe did not disappoint!
If you have never had candied bacon, let me tell you, it has a great brown sugar coating, and the bacon grease (aft) camelizes it perfectly.
It’s a real treat, so you don’t have to just serve it for breakfast, this would make an amazing appetizer, or use as a topping in a great summer or garden salad.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Bacon Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK, AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON, CRISPY AIR FRYER BACON, and AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BACON.
What is Candied Bacon?
Candied bacon can be ordered in a number of ways, my kid’s cometimes really likes Pig Candy, and it’s a great way to serve up bacon.
Candied bacon usually involves a coating of brown sugar, and then added spices and seasonings. It’s a great way to caramelize the brown sugar, causing the coating to become sweet. (Hence the name Pig Candy)
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Candied Bacon
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Brown Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Candied Bacon
You are preheating your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar and black pepper. Then place your bacon into the bowl, and press the mixture onto it, so the rub stays on the bacon.
Set the bacon into the air fryer set the timer for 8 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Note: When you flip, add more brown sugar to the other side. The cooking time may vary if you want it crispier.
- This recipe can be cooked in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model. I have also made it successful in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and the Mealthy Lid. The recipe will remain the same.
- The cooking time will vary based on how crispy or crunchy you want your bacon, so during the last few minutes of cooking, check on your bacon frequently. Remove it when you have it the way you want it.
- For best results, allow space in between the bacon so it perfectly cooks up.
Some Great Variations:
While today, I used a simple black pepper and brown sugar, there are so many different ways to adjust the seasonings.
Some of my favorites are:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chipotle Chili Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sriracha Sauce
- Roasted Garlic
How to Serve Candied Bacon
Although this is a perfect way to serve bacon in the morning, there are many more ways to serve it.
I love serving it as an appetizer or crumbling into a large summer garden salad, or adding some to a plate of deviled eggs. There are so many ways to serve this.
More Air Fryer Bacon Recipes
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BACON
- AIR FRYER MAPLE CANDIED BACON
- EASY AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON
- AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK
- CRISPY AIR FRYER BACON
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Candied Bacon
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar and black pepper. Then place your bacon into the bowl, and press the mixture onto it, so the rub stays on the bacon.
- Set the bacon into the air fryer set the timer for 8 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
- Note: When you flip, add more brown sugar to the other side. The cooking time may vary if you want it crispier.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer