Air Fryer Bacon Knots are so good! Who doesn’t love bacon glazed with brown sugar, and then air-fried to perfection. As the bacon cooks, you get a great caramelized flavor!
My family loves bacon, my two teens can eat an entire package in one sitting. So, making the most amount of bacon at one time in the air fryer is important.
Plus, as most people in America, we are always rushing. My mother used to tie the bacon on the cookie sheet when she baked the bacon in the oven, so today I tried it. I jazzed it up a bit, by adding brown sugar, in essence making candied bacon in the process. Nothing like Air Fryer Brown Sugar Bacon Knots.
So, this recipe came out of a discussion in the air fryer group I run on Facebook, Air Fryer Recipes & Tips. The main question was how do you put more bacon in the air fryer, I mean it is a question on everyone’s mind.
One suggestion was for twisting the bacon, and I tried that, but the bacon twists did not come out evenly cooked. The part that is twisted comes out undercooked.
So, I tried my mother’s trick. I tried it and they were all evenly cooked, which was the goal.
If you are looking for even more Air Fyrer Bacon Recipes, soem of my favorites are AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON, AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BACON, AIR FRYER MAPLE CANDIED BACON, and AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bacon Knots
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
How To Make Air Fryer Bacon Knots
Tie each piece of bacon into a knot. Then add it to the ungreased air fryer basket or ungreased air fryer tray. In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and maple syrup.
Use a pastry brush and brush the maple/brown sugar mixture onto the knots.
Place your knots into the preheated air fryer for 7-9 minutes (depending on how you like your bacon)
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Bacon
- Do not crowd the basket, otherwise the bacon will not crisp up, you will end up with parts of the bacon that are arw.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and other models.
- The time will depend on how crispy you want your bacon and what air fryer you own.
- Check your bacon frequently as it cooks up, for best results.
How To Prevent Air Fryer From Smoking
Since bacon is a fatty food, you will often find white smoke coming from your air fryer. To prevent this, there are two options, and I have found that work:
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket, sot that as the grease hits the water, it will not smoke.
- The other is to place a piece of bread in between the basket and the liner so that the bread catches the grease.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Bacon Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND BACON
- EASY AIR FRYER MAPLE CANDIED BACON
- AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
- EASY AIR FRYER BAKED BEAN BACON CUPS
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Tie each piece of bacon into a knot. Then add it to the ungreased air fryer basket or ungreased air fryer tray.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Use a pastry brush and brush the maple/brown sugar mixture onto the knots.
- Place your knots into the preheated air fryer for 7-9 minutes (depending on how you like your bacon)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 958mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 19g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.