This weekend we have our last hockey tournament of the season, and if you know hockey people, that means that it will be my entire weekend. We are fortunate to have one of my son’s friends, sleepover, so I was thinking about what I can bake beforehand for breakfast since the wake-up time is about 5 am. Ugh. So, I came up with this breakfast, homemade basic muffins and a side of homemade blueberry jam, doesn’t it look divine.
Now, both the muffins and jam are from the Instant Pot, so I combined the best of the two worlds. If you have not INVESTED, yes, I said invest, it is your time because you will save a ton of money by not eating out! It is fast.
I made a batch last week and my husband went crazy for them, he kept on eating them and I actually never got around to taking pictures. so it’s his lucky day because I just made a new batch and I hid some, so I could take a picture or two for my blog.
The secret to making muffins in the Instant Pot is time.
To be successful at making the batter for muffins, any muffins:
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In most muffins, this will include flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them all together.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl. This usually includes milk, oil, and eggs.
- Then combine the two together and mix until all of the dry ingredients are gone, scrape the bottom of the pan. To make sure that when you fill the muffin tins, you do not come across any flour, that has not to be absorbed into the wet ingredients.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter, as you will increase the level of gluten and the muffins will become tough.
I will give you a word of warning these muffins are addicting, you will not be able to eat just one. The flavor is AMAZING! This makes an amazing breakfast, pair it with a great cup of coffee and you have the best breakfast you will ever have. I hope that you give it a shot, you will not be disappointed.
Here are some pointers about making muffins (any type of muffin) in the Air Fryer.
- For these, I spray the muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray with flour. This works best in my opinion for the muffin tins.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin, for Later:
- 1 box Jiffy Blueberry Muffins
- ingredients per box (egg and milk)
- non-stick cooking spray
Start by preparing your Blueberry Mix per instructions. Note: every package is different, so prepare it directly as instructed on your box.
Then mix in the ingredients, my package had eggs and milk.
Then spray your silicone muffin tin, with non-stick cooking spray.
I use an ice cream scoop, which makes it easier and neater to fill the cups.
Fill the muffin cups, about 1/2 way full.
Cover with foil.
Add 1 1/2 cups of water and the trivet to your Instant Pot. Then place the muffin tin on top of the trivet, note: Make sure it's level.
Set your timer for 10 minutes.
Let naturally release, and then remove. Let cool, before you flip them off. If you greased the muffin tin enough, they will flip out.
Plate, serve and enjoy!