Air Fryer Italian Biscotti — Air fryer Italian biscotti is a fast and easy way to make your favorite cookie without all the hassle of running out of the house. Follow this recipe, and you’ll be enjoying these delicious treats in no time!
This classic biscotti recipe is one of the best! A basic baking mix of flour, sugar and anise extract provides just enough sweetness.
Then there are so many ways you can elevate these! I started with a basic mix and then added some dried fruit for a great and easy recipe!
These homemade Italian treasures make great holiday gifts (especially if you’re stuck on what to get someone), as well as perfect additions into cookie trays throughout the holiday season.
I served with a great cup of coffee! A great and easy treat!
I love a great and easy Air Fryer Cookie Recipe. Some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER LEMON DROP COOKIES, AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES, AIR FRYER HOMEMADE KOURABIEDES (GREEK SUGAR COOKIES), and AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COOKIES.
What Are Biscotti?
Biscotti are a type of dry, twice-baked Italian cookie. The first time they’re baked as a long loaf and then cut into individual biscotti pieces. They can be served with coffee or tea as an accompaniment to dessert, dipped in wine for an after-dinner treat, eaten on their own as a snack, or paired with ice cream for dessert.
Biscotti come in many different flavors and shapes, and the best part is that you can create your own!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Italian Biscotti
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Anise Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
How To Make Air Fryer Italian Biscotti
Grease your air fryer basket or tray. Start by mixing the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, baking powder, anise extract, vanilla extract, and flour in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Shape it into a log (loaf) and place it in the air fryer, with a temperature of 320 degrees F, for 7 minutes.
Let the loaf rest, and cool down a bit, about 10 minutes, before slicing into it. Slice the loaf into about 1-inch pieces.
Spread them on your air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F for another 5 minutes.
Just like a traditional cookie, there are so many variations that you can make. Some of my favorites are:
- Nuts: Add 1 cup of sliced almonds and about a 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Dried Fruits: Add 1 cup of diced cranberries and two tablespoons of orange zest.
- Chocolate: Dip your biscotti into melted chocolate right before serving.
What is Anise Extract?
Anise extract is a flavoring ingredient that comes from the dried fruit of the anise plant. It has a licorice-like flavor and aroma, making it popular in dishes like Italian pasta, cookies, cakes, or even to make your homemade ice cream!
You can usually purchase it in the baking aisle of most American grocery stores., t typically sold next to the vanilla extract.
How To Store Biscotti:
Since biscotti is a hard cookie, it will last for about 1 to 2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you want to freeze them, wrap them tightly in saran wrap, and then place them into a freezer bag. They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Cookie Recipes:
- AIR FRYER LEMON DROP COOKIES
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COOKIES
- EASY AND DELICIOUS COOKIE MUG CAKE RECIPE MADE IN MINUTES
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST COOKIES
- AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- Grease your air fryer basket or tray. Start by mixing the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, baking powder, anise extract, vanilla extract, and flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well,
- Shape it into a log (loaf) and place it in the air fryer, with a temperature of 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 7 minutes.
- Let the loaf rest, and cool down a bit, about 10 minutes, before slicing into it.
- Slice the loaf into about 1-inch pieces.
- Spread them on your air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.