Today, I kicked off back to school (my kids started yesterday) with some homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
These are semi-healthy because they are made with old-fashioned oatmeal, if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
You can find that here, on Amazon. I think some Walmarts do sell them as well. The best part of these is that you can cut them to any size that you want, and since I use 3 air fryers, I only had to buy one package, and they fit all three.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer, 4 Ingredient Blueberry Cookies
These are so easy, I found the recipe on the Jiffy Website when I had an extra box mix hanging around. My kids loved them, so I tried them again in the air fryer, they remind my family of blueberry muffin tops.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 8 cookies 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package blueberry Jiffy muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- This is the muffin mix, I used in this recipe
- Then in a large mixing bowl or mixer, mix together the muffin mix, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- I used an ice cream scooper and placed them on my greased air fryer tray (see my blog post about how to make cookies in an air fryer basket)
- Continue to place on the tray, until all fo the batter is used.
- Place in the air fryer oven/basket at 320 degrees F, for 4 minutes, as soon as the edges start to brown, remove.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: blueberry biscuits recipe blueberry biscuits with bisquick mix healthy blueberry biscuits blueberry biscuits bojangles blueberry drop biscuits blueberry biscuits with self-rising flour air fryer cobbler recipes air fryer apple dessert frozen apple crumble in air fryer air fryer blueberries apple recipes for the air fryer air fryer dessert recipes weight watchers