My children really like homemade chocolate chip cookies. They are really easy to make in the air fryer, and the clean up is really quick. One of the advanags I give to eveyrone looking to purchase an air fryer, is that an oven is easier to bake with.
Items like cookies and pancakes are far easier to make in an air fryer oven, than a basket.
If you are using a basket, you need to use parchment apepr, so that hte dough, while it is cooking, does not seep through.
Here are some inexpensive parchment papers, you can buy.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. But, everyone doesn’t like making 1,000 cookies. This recipe makes 12. Which is perfect for the air fryer and a mid-afternoon snack. I highly recommend using parchment paper when air frying cookies in a basket style air fryer.
- 4 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Start by mixing the butter, vegetable shortening, sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Mix in the egg yolk, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until everything is well combined and it resembles a dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Use your hands and knead the dough together, so everything is well mixed.
- Spray your baking tray, with olive oil spray (if you have a basket, see my blog post about how to prepare the cookies)
- Use an ice cream scooper or your hands and drop spoonfuls on to the baking sheet.
- Place in the air fryer oven and set the temperature to 340 degrees F, for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies, Easy Cookie Recipe