Today, I kicked off back to school (my kids started yesterday) with some homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
These are semi-healthy because they are made with old-fashioned oatmeal, if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
You can find that here, on Amazon. I think some Walmarts do sell them as well. The best part of these is that you can cut them to any size that you want, and since I use 3 air fryers, I only had to buy one package, and they fit all three.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done the cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer- Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are my son’s favorite, you get the great flavor of the peanut butter cookie mixed in with chocolate chips! Great snack!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (note: crunchy does not work)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Start by adding the melted butter, creamy peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Then add the vanilla, egg into the mixture, mix well.
- Then add the baking soda, salt, and flour to the mixture, mix well.
- After everything has been mixed together, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Knead everything together.
- Then use an ice cream scooper and place on the air fryer basket (or tray)
- Set in the air fyer and set the temperature to 340 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer peanut butter cookies easy air fryer cookies frozen chocolate chip cookies in air fryer pre made cookie dough in air fryer pillsbury cookies in air fryer refrigerated cookie dough in air fryer pre made cookies in air fryer chocolate chip cookie air fryer recipe