Air Fryer Frozen Cookie Dough— There’s just something irresistible about a batch of freshly baked cookies, and if you agree, you’ve got to try this Air Fryer frozen cookie dough recipe.
Using just 1 simple ingredient, you can put together a nice little batch of cookies of your choice without needing to turn on the oven, which is perfect for hot summer days.
I almost always have some frozen cookie dough, and whenever we find ourselves craving some homemade cookies, this is the recipe I turn to. It is so simple- you can’t go wrong with it.
This recipe is part of why I love my Air Fryer so much- it is a genius device that has made my time in the kitchen much easier and effortless.
Can You Cook Cookies In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook cookies in an air fryer! Air fryers are versatile appliances that can be used for various cooking tasks, including baking cookies. They work by circulating hot air around the food, creating a crispy and evenly cooked result, similar to traditional baking methods.
This recipe is perfect if you are craving a cookie but only want a small batch of cookies!
What’s Great About This Recipe
There are many reasons why I love this easy Air Fryer cookie recipe that comes together using frozen cookie dough. This is a great option if you are looking for a quick snack or it’s the first time you make cookies in the air fryer!
- Only 1 Ingredient: You need just one simple ingredient to make your cookies. That’s it. I’m not joking.
- Minimal Mess & Cleanup: No mixing bowls, hand mixer, spoons, and baking sheets to clean up. Count me in! I’m all in for a recipe that means less cleanup.
- Works Every Time: This Air Fryer frozen cookie dough recipe is fail-proof- you’ll always get the perfect cookies that are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
- Super Convenient: This recipe is hands down one of my favorites because it is super convenient. No running to the store and gathering all the ingredients. Just super simple!
Ingredients For the Air Fryer Frozen Cookie Dough Recipe
Here’s all you’ll need to quickly prepare your batch of homemade cookies.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen cookie dough: That’s it. Really. You can use almost any frozen cookie dough you have at hand, and my favorite is chocolate chip cookie dough! Who doesn’t love homemade chocolate chip cookies?
I usually make a batch of scratch-made cookie dough and freeze it for later, but if you don’t fancy all the effort, you can just stick to using packaged frozen cookie dough, too, and it’ll work just as well.
How To Make Frozen Cookie Dough In Air Fryer
Making frozen cookie dough in an air fryer is a quick and convenient way to enjoy freshly baked cookies without preheating your oven or cleaning a baking sheet. This is a great recipe if you don’t want to make an entire batch of cookies! Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to do it,
Preheat the Air Fryer: Start by preheating your air fryer. The exact temperature and time may vary depending on the brand and model of your air fryer, but a good starting point is to set it to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
Prepare the Air Fryer Basket: While the air fryer is preheating, line the basket with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will prevent the cookie dough from sticking to the basket and make cleanup easier.
Place the Cookie Dough: Place your frozen cookie dough portions on the parchment paper or silicone baking mat, leaving space between each cookie to spread. The number of cookies you can bake at once will depend on your air fryer basket size.
Adjust Time and Temperature: Once the air fryer is preheated, place the cookie-filled basket inside the air fryer. Adjust the time and temperature settings based on the following guidelines:
Cool and Enjoy: Once the cookies are done, carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy your freshly baked cookies!
Pro Tips for the Air Fryer Frozen Cookie Dough Recipe
Making cookies from frozen cookie dough in your Air Fryer is no rocket science. The process is as simple as possible, but a few tips and tricks can help you nail the recipe.
- Remember to leave a little space between each cookie dough ball. Remember that the cookies will flatten and spread as they cook; you don’t want them sticking together.
- Leaving extra space and breathing room for each cookie will ensure they are perfectly cooked.
- The time for the frozen cookie dough to cook depends on the thickness of the dough balls and the cookies. If you’re preheating the Air Fryer, they may take even less time to cook.
- Start with checking the Air Fryer basket at around the 8-minute mark, and if they still seem a bit undercooked, pop them in for 2 more minutes.
- You can also check if they have started to get slightly golden brown to understand better whether they’re done.
- You can use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough balls to make perfect, even-sized cookies.
- You can also spread the cookie dough in a mini pan or small tray.
- Another great idea is to add a small chocolate chunk between each cookie dough ball to make easy stuffed cookies.
How Do I Store the Cookies?
After completely cooling down, the best way to store these cookies in the Air Fryer is to move them to an airtight container. Doing this will help keep them fresh and retain their crunchy texture better.
If you feel your cookies have lost their freshness and become too soft, pop them in the Air Fryer again to crisp them up for a minute or two.
How Do I Serve the Cookies?
When turned into perfect, delicious, warm cookies, your Air Fryer frozen cookie dough can be served in many ways.
The simplest way to enjoy homemade cookies is to combine them with milk. Chocolate chip cookies are the best choice for this combination, but you can replicate it with pretty much any other kind of cookie as well.
As a Sweet Treat
You can enjoy these air-fried cookies as-is too! They’re perfect as a late-night snack or a quick pick-me-up when you’re feeling down and need to treat yourself to a little bite.
As an Elaborate Dessert
You can also transform your Air Fryer cookies into a nice little fancy dessert by adding a dollop of frosting of your choice between two cookies and turning it into a little cookie sandwich.
How To Reheat Cookies In Air Fryer
Who doesn’t love a warm cookie? If you want to rehat cookies in the air fryer, place them in the basket and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pretty soon, you will have something that tastes like freshly baked cookies!
Do I Need to Use Parchment Paper?
You don’t need to use parchment paper, but I highly recommend doing it if you have it. Using a piece of parchment paper to line your Air Fryer basket will help make getting the cookies out of the basket easier. Plus, you won’t need to clean up the basket too!
Can I Use Kitchen Foil Instead of Parchment Paper?
You sure can! Aluminum foil can be a great alternative to parchment paper, and you can totally use it to line your Air Fryer basket and then place the cookie dough balls on.
Do I Need to Thaw the Cookie Dough?
You don’t! That’s the beauty of this recipe. You can immediately use the frozen cookie dough and pop it into the Air Fryer- no thawing time needed!
Can I use any frozen cookie dough in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use most types of frozen cookie dough in the air fryer, whether pre-made store-bought dough or homemade cookie dough that you have frozen. Just make sure the dough is portioned into individual cookie-sized pieces for even cooking. If you want a new air fryer cookie recipe, look at QVC; they sell hundreds of frozen cookie doughs!
What temperature and time settings should I use for air frying frozen cookie dough?
Start by preheating the air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C) for a few minutes. Then, place the frozen cookie dough in the air fryer and cook for about 8 to 12 minutes. The specific time and temperature may vary based on your air fryer model and the size and thickness of the cookie dough.
Can I cook multiple batches of cookies in the air fryer?
You can cook multiple batches of cookies in the air fryer. Just make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket, leaving enough space between each cookie for them to spread during cooking.
Do I need to use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat in the air fryer?
Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat in the air fryer is recommended to prevent the cookies from sticking to the basket. This also makes cleanup easier.
How will I know when the cookies are done?
The cookies are done when golden brown around the edges. The cooking time may vary, so watch them while they cook. You can open the air fryer during the cooking process to check their progress without losing much heat.
Can I use an air fryer oven instead of a traditional air fryer?
You can also use an air fryer oven to cook frozen cookie dough. The process and temperature settings should be similar, but follow the specific guidelines for your air fryer oven model.
BEFORE AIR FRYING, can I add toppings or mix-ins to the cookie dough?
You can add toppings or mix-ins to the cookie dough before air frying. Chocolate chips, nuts, or even a sprinkle of sea salt can be great additions to enhance the flavor and texture of the cookies.
Can I store any leftover frozen cookie dough after air frying?
You can store any leftover frozen cookie dough after air frying. If you have unused frozen dough portions, place them into a freezer bag or wrap them in plastic wrap and put them back in the freezer for later use.
How to store a leftover cookie
If you have any leftover cookies, place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Cookie Dough
- 12 frozen cookies
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Start by preheating your air fryer. Set the air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare the Air Fryer Basket: While the air fryer is preheating, line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will prevent the cookie dough from sticking to the basket and make cleanup easier.
- Place the Cookie Dough: Take your frozen cookie dough portions and place them on the parchment paper or silicone baking mat, leaving some space between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Adjust Time and Temperature: Once the air fryer is preheated, place the cookie-filled basket inside the air fryer.
- Time: Air fry the cookies for about 8 to 12 minutes. The exact time will depend on the size and thickness of your cookie dough and your desired level of doneness. Start with 8 minutes and check on the cookies. If they’re not done, you can add a couple more minutes until they are golden brown around the edges.
- Cool and Enjoy: Once the cookies are done, carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy your freshly baked cookies!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper