Welcome to fall, in my house, and on my website, ForkToSpoon.com, we are all about pumpkins and apples this month. So, if you have not been following along, now is a great time to start. Especially if you want to learn the secret to these Air Fryer Pumpkin Cookies.
Now, I wanted to tell you that I love making cookies in my air fryer, they are so easy to make and take hardly any time, under 7 minutes to cook, depending on the recipe.
Today I made a twist on a classic oatmeal cookie. If you are not familiar with oatmeal cookies. They are characterized by being a soft but chewy cookie, usually stuffed with raisins and sometimes walnuts. Today, I made a twist on the classic oatmeal cookie, by adding some pumpkin and dried cranberries!
The Best Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
This is a great cookie, it is really rich for an oatmeal cookie with the butter flavor against the pumpkin. This will soon be a favorite in your household
I often serve these with a hot cup of coffee (pumpkin, of course) for me and my husband and a large glass of cold milk for my sons. It’s a perfect fall dessert.
The Ingredients For Today’s Recipe:
- All-Purpose Flour, although you can change it out for a blend of whole-wheat, or use Gluten-Free Flour.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Butter, Room temperature, as the softened butter will help the cookies not spread as much.
- The egg helps bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract
- Canned Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Old-Fashioned Oatmeal-Do, not quick oats, as the texture, will not be the same.
- Dried Cranberries
Tips For Making the Perfect Air Fryer Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies,
- Measure your ingredients. Make sure that you level your flour with a knife, just run the knife across the measuring cup, to remove any excess.
- Do not over mix, when you overmix dough gluten is released which releases the gluten and causes baked goods to be tough.
- Do not Preheat your air fryer. The dough will simply runoff.
- Chill you cookie dough for the best air fryer cookies, chill your dough. Only about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Do not overbake, the cookies will harden as they cool down. As soon as the edges are a light golden brown remove. And let them firm up. Tip: If you have never prepared air fryer cookies, I always cook 2 and see how they do, as a practice run, since every air fryer is different.
Some Common Questions Asked About Making Air Fryer Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies–
Can You Add in Chocolate Chips?
Absolutely, you can add chocolate chips, raisins, or walnuts. Whatever you want, that you think will go great with the pumpkin flavor.
Can You Use Salted Butter?
Yes, if you only have salted butter, just omit the salt, otherwise, the cookies may become too salty.
What is the Easiest Way to Air Fry Cookies?
By using parchment paper. But be careful some of my readers have noticed that the parchment paper will catch fire if it hits the heating element.
Always try to balance the cookies, on the parchment paper, so it stays down.
How Do You Store The Cookies?
Let the cookies cool down to room temperature, and then place them in an airtight container. They should last for about 2 to 3 days.
Can I Freeze The Cookies?
Yes, after you bake them and let them cool to room temperature, simply place them on a baking sheet and place the tray into the freezer. When the cookies are frozen, place them in a sealable container. Freeze for about 1 to 2 months.
To use, simply place them in the refrigerator or counter, and let thaw.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Cookie Recipes–
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
This is a great dessert for the fall, loaded with traditional fall flavors, cranberries, and pumpkin. It is a great addition to any lunchbox or dessert tray.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Start by combining the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, and canned pumpkin.
- Add the old fashioned oats and cranberries.
- Mix well.
- Be careful to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spray either your air fryer pan or your basket with olive oil spray. (or if you see the blog post about parchment paper)
- I used an ice cream scooper to scoop my cookie dough up
- Set in your air fryer oven (I used the middle shelf) and set the timer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Continue to air fry your cookies, until all of the dough is used up.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
This is a great recipe for fall, it has the traditional pumpkin with a hint of Thanksgiving flavor, the cranberries. This makes a wonderful fall dessert, enjoy with a cup of pumpkin hot chocolate, or pumpkin spice latte.
Keywords: air fryer cookie cake frozen cookie dough in air fryer pillsbury cookies in air fryer easy air fryer cookies air fryer oatmeal the kitchn air fryer cookies almond flour cookies air fryer cuisinart airfryer toaster oven cookies