Welcome to fall, in my house and on my blog we are all about pumpkins and apples this month. So, if you have not been following along, now is a great time to start.
Today, I kicked off back to school (my kids started today) with some homemade Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
These are semi-healthy because they are made with old-fashioned oatmeal, if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
You can find that here, on Amazon. I think some Walmarts do sell them as well. The best part of these is that you can cut them to any size that you want, and since I use 3 air fryers, I only had to buy one package, and they fit all three.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted on the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found worked with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
This is a great dessert for the fall, loaded with traditional fall flavors, cranberries and pumpkin. It is a great addition to any lunchbox or dessert tray.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Start by combining the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, and canned pumpkin.
- Add the old fashioned oats and cranberries.
- Mix well.
- Be careful to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spray either your air fryer pan or your basket with olive oil spray. (or if you see the blog post about parchment paper)
- I used an ice cream scooper to scoop my cookie dough up
- Set in your air fryer oven (I used the middle shelf) and set the timer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Continue to air fry your cookies, until all of the dough is used up.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
This is a great recipe for fall, it has the traditional pumpkin with a hint of Thanksgiving flavor, the cranberries. This makes a wonderful fall dessert, enjoy with a cup of pumpkin hot chocolate, or pumpkin spice latte.
Keywords: air fryer cookie cake frozen cookie dough in air fryer pillsbury cookies in air fryer easy air fryer cookies air fryer oatmeal the kitchn air fryer cookies almond flour cookies air fryer cuisinart airfryer toaster oven cookies