Air Fryer Apple Plum Tarts are so good! They are a simple take on a classic apple plum galette made with sliced apples and plums. They are the perfect summer dessert, and so easy to make, but of course, absolutely delicious!
Since baking with my Air Fryer, I have really fallen in love with making and cooking galettes. Not only are they simple, but they also look wonderful, and they only take a few minutes to assemble.
The result is a crust that is perfectly crisp, flaky and the fruit is perfectly roasted, tender, and brings out all of the classic flavors of a pie, without the need to roll out dough.
And of course, with the air fryer, they bake up in about half the oven time. Who knew that baking could be this wonderful!
Now that fall is almost here, and I also refer to it as my pie season! At the end of a long day, I love a great slice of pie with a hot cup of coffee—the perfect dessert to share with your family and friends.
If you love pie as much as my family does, some of my favorite Air Fryer Pie Recipes are AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE HAND PIES, AIR FRYER MINI CHERRY PIE, AIR FRYER LEMON PIE, and AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL STRAWBERRY COBBLER.
What Is A Galette?
Galettes come to us from France. They are a French baking word that refers to a round pastry base. The pastry base is then filled with either fruit, eggs, or other toppings and cooked up.
While they are super popular in France and around the globe, we usually refer to them as tarts in America.
Neither tart nor galette is prepared with a piece of dough on top of the filing.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Plum Tarts
- Brown Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Ground Cinnamon
- Puff Pastry
- Icing Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Plum Tarts
First, prepare the fruit by coring and thinly slice the apple and removing pits and thinly sliced plums.
Place sliced fruit in a bowl and add in brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Gently toss to coat fruit, then allow to sit for 10 minutes to release juices.
Cut circles from puff pastry sheet approx. 5″ in diameter.
Place inside round pie tins lines in the middle with slices of apple and plum.
Fold in edges, then brush pastry with egg wash.
Preheat air fryer to 330˚F (165˚C), air fryer setting. Place pie tins inside and cook for 8 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden. Remove from the air fryer, top with icing sugar and serve.
- For best results, preheat your Air Freyr, per the manual’s instruction, or for 5 minutes at 330 degrees F, air fryer setting. This really helps the puff pastry to perfectly.
- Try to slice your pears and apple about the same size so they cook up at about the same time.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and Mealthy Lid. The cooking time may vary slightly.
- If you do not want to use puff pastry, you can change it for refrigerated or homemade pie crust.
- If you do not have baking cups that will fit into the Air Fryer, you can use either parchment paper or spray your basket with cooking spray.
MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS:
These are great desserts that you can make ahead of time. To store them, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container and place them into the refrigerator.
You can either reheat them in the microwave or the air fryer before serving.
These are actually one of the best Air Fryer Desserts that you can freeze ahead of time. I made a batch last winter for Thanksgiving and then froze them! So good!
To Freeze The Apple Plum Tarts: Let them cool to room temperature, then place them onto a greased baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer, and freeze until the Apple Plum Tarts are frozen solid. Please remove them and place them into either a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
To Use From Frozen: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then place them into the microwave or air fryer to reheat.
More Air Fryer Pie Recipes:
- AIR FRYER MINI CHERRY PIE
- AIR FRYER CHERRY CRUMB PIE
- EASY AIR FRYER CHERRY HAND PIES
- AIR FRYER LEMON PIE
- AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE HAND PIES
- EASY AIR FRYER MUG STRAWBERRY COBBLER
- 2 plums
- 1 large apple
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 sheet puff pastry, dethawed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, to serve
- First, prepare the fruit by coring and thinly slice the apple and removing pits and thinly sliced plums.
- Place sliced fruit in a bowl and add in brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Gently toss to coat fruit, then allow to sit for 10 minutes to release juices.
- 3. Cut circles from puff pastry sheet approx. 5" in diameter. Place inside round pie tins lines in the middle with slices of apple and plum. Fold in edges, then brush pastry with egg wash.
- 4. Preheat air fryer to 330˚F (165˚C). Place pie tins inside and cook for 8 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden. Remove from the air fryer, top with icing sugar.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.