Air Fryer Potato Crusted Chicken — Say goodbye to soggy fried chicken and hello to crispy, crunchy potato-crusted goodness. An air fryer can be an unbelievably versatile appliance in the kitchen, and one of its best uses is creating delicious meals with minimal physical effort – like this incredibly moreish potato-crusted chicken!
As a main meal or perfect side dish, this family-friendly recipe will keep everyone hovering around the dinner table for seconds. It requires just a handful of ingredients – meaning no trips down the supermarket aisle – making it an ideal dinner for busy weeknights! Get ready to delight your taste buds with lighter yet irresistibly tasty potato-crusted chicken.
The Best Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
Looking for something to please the entire family and take minutes to prepare? This is one of my family’s favorites, and soon become one of your favorites; after all, who doesn’t love traditional chicken nuggets? But today, we make our delicious potato chip chicken featuring crushed potato chips!
This will soon be one of your favorite things you cook in your air fryer!
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
- Gluten-Free Recipe
- Crispy Chicken Breast
- Perfect Chicken Dinner
- Crispy Coating
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Potato-Crusted Chicken
Take your taste buds on a culinary adventure with this delicious twist on a classic favorite. Our air fryer potato-crusted chicken is a must-try for all the foodies! Not only does it look impressive, but the flavors of this dish are irresistible – salty and crispy potatoes combined with the juicy and flavorful chicken filling will have your family begging for more.
The best part? You don’t have to make deep-fried messes in the kitchen, as you can whip up this meal quickly and easily in an air fryer! Keep reading to find all the simple ingredients needed to make this fantastic dish today.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken: Use chicken strips, chicken breasts, or chicken tenderloins
- Eggs: Use large, room-temperature eggs
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour; if you want a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Potato Chips: Any of your favorite flavors of potato chips will work.
- Seasonings and Spices: Use garlic, chili, or onion powder.
- Dipping Sauce: Your favorite dipping sauce
How To Cook Potato-Crusted Chicken In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a delicious and incredibly easy meal to make during the week that is healthy and something the whole family will love? Then this Potato-Crusted Chicken recipe made in your air fryer is perfect! This dish comes together quickly and is full of flavor – the chicken stays juicy and tender, while the potato crust adds a crispy element that elevates this classic comfort food.
Cleanup is a breeze since everything cooks up in one air fryer basket. Ready to give it a try? Here’s all you need to know about how to make scrumptious Potato-Crusted Chicken in your air fryer!
Step One: Set Up Your Dredging Stations
Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F using the air fryer setting. Add your potato chips to a food processor, or place them into a large Ziploc bag, and using a rolling pin, crush them until they are fine.
In a shallow bowl, add your eggs, and with a fork, whisk the eggs. In another shallow dish, add the crushed potato chips. Add your flour, garlic powder, onion, powder, and dill in the last bowl.
Step Two: Bread Your Chicken
Dip your chicken into the flour, then the egg, coating both sides of the chicken. Then dip the chicken into the crushed chips, coating all sides of the chicken. As you coat the chicken, place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may wish to line the air fryer basket with parchment paper before adding the chicken pieces.
Step Three: Air Fry Potato Crusted Chicken
Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Remove when eh internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
Step Four: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Pro Tips For Cooking Potato-Crusted Chicken In Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips for cooking potato-crusted chicken in an air fryer:
- Use thin chicken breasts. Thin chicken breasts cook more evenly and quickly in the air fryer. If you have thicker chicken breasts, pound them to an even thickness before coating them with potato chips.
- Use cooking spray. To help the potatoes turn crispy and golden brown, spray the chicken with cooking spray before cooking.
- Flip the chicken halfway through cooking. This will ensure that both sides of the chicken are crispy and golden brown.
- Check the chicken for doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be at least 165°F (75°C) before you take it out of the air fryer.
- Let the chicken rest before slicing. This will allow the juices to redistribute, making the chicken more tender and juicy.
With these pro tips, you can make the perfect potato-crusted chicken in your air fryer every time!
What To Serve With Potato-Crusted Chicken
Here are some delicious side dishes that would pair well with potato-crusted chicken:
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables – Try roasted carrots, broccoli, or green beans for a healthy and tasty side dish.
- Air Fryer Mashed Potatoes – If you’re in the mood for something more indulgent, mashed potatoes are a classic side that would complement the crispy chicken perfectly.
- Salad – A fresh salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, and a light vinaigrette would balance out the richness of the chicken.
- Air Fryer Asparagus – Asparagus is a great side dish for chicken, and it’s quick and easy to prepare.
- Rice – Whether it’s white rice, brown rice, or pilaf, rice is a versatile side that can be customized to your taste.
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries – For a healthier alternative to regular fries, try making sweet potato fries in the air fryer. They’re crispy and delicious!
With these options, you can create a balanced and satisfying meal for everyone.
How To Store Leftover Air Fry Chicken
To store leftover potato-crusted chicken cooked in an air fryer, follow these steps:
- Storing: Let the chicken cool down to room temperature before storing it. Transfer the chicken to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Place the container or bag in the refrigerator. Leftover chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: When you’re ready to reheat the leftover chicken, place it back in the air fryer for a few minutes to crisp it up, or you can reheat it in the microwave or oven. Just be sure to heat it to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (75°C) before consuming!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fyrer Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Potato Crusted Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, or boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chicken strips
- 5 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces potato chips, ridged works best
- 1 cup dipping sauce, Ranch, Honey Mustard, BBQ, etc.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F using the air fryer setting. Add your potato chips to a food processor, or place them into a large Ziploc bag, and using a rolling pin, crush them until they are fine.
- In a shallow bowl, add your eggs, and with a fork, whisk the eggs. In another shallow dish, add the crushed potato chips. Add your flour, garlic powder, onion, powder, and dill to the last bowl.
- Dip your chicken into the flour, then the egg, coating both sides of the chicken. Then dip the chicken into the crushed chips, coating all sides of the chicken. As you coat the chicken, place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may wish to line the air fryer basket with parchment paper before adding the chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Remove when eh internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer