I remember fondly eating pork chops when I was a child. My mother always made them on a Thursday evening, with shake & bake, apples, and stuffing. It was a great meal, and I always looked forward to Thursdays, for her pork chop feast.
Now that I have my own family, I usually make them every couple of weeks, but I usually try to find ways to spruce them up, I’m not a huge fan of shake and bake, but I do make a mean homemade version of it.
There are different cuts of pork chops names, they include pork loin, blade chops, blade steaks, blade-end pork loin chops, pork loin blade chips, pork shoulder steaks, or pork steaks. All of the above names for pork chops all come from the same part, of the pig, which is above the ribs of the pig. POrk chops or loins are considered to be one of the leaner cuts of the pig. They are amazing when you stuff them with anything from stuffing to vegetables.
Here are some tips for buying and cooking pork chops, that will help you the next time you want to pick some up.
- Choose a thicker pork chop, they are easier to season and cook.
- Cook pork to 145 degrees F, to 160 degrees F.
- Always allow pork to rest about 5 minutes, after cooking, so the juices stay inside when you cut into them.
- Bone-in pork chops provide more flavor than boneless pork chops.
This was the homemade seasoning mix, I featured the other day on the blog, you can find that recipe here
Then just season them, place them in your air fryer basket, spray them, so you don’t see any of the
seasonings, and follow the rest of the detailed instructions below. (This is the key to a juicy piece of meat)
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer-BBQ Pork Chops (Homemade Copycat BBQ Shake & Bake)
This is such an easy recipe for homemade bbq pork chops, made with homemade seasoning.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 4 pork chops
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 package BBQ Shake & Bake
- olive oil
- Start by seasoning your pork chops with salt & pepper.
- Then dip the pork chop into the BBQ Shake & Bake, and place in your air fryer basket. Shake off the excess.
- Spray them generously with olive oil.
- Air Fry your pork chops on 360 degrees F. for 6 minutes, and then flip and spray the pork chops again, with olive oil spray and air fry them for another 6 minutes.
- Check with a meat thermometer to see if the pork is fully cooked.
Note: The exact time of your pork chops, will depend upon a variety of factors, including wattage, air fryer used, the thickness of the pork chop etc., If is always adviced to use a thermometer to check for doneness, as eating raw pork can cause illness.
- Plate, serve & enjoy!
Keywords: bbq pork chops in air fryer oven cooking pork in air fryer air fryer pork chops bbq sauce can you cook shake and bake pork chops in an air fryer allrecipes air fryer pork chops power air fryer pork chops pork chops air fryer bone in smoked pork chops in air fryer