Instant Pot Pasta and Meatballs — Do you love pasta but don’t have the time to cook it on the stove? Do you want a delicious and easy weeknight meal that will please the whole family? Then this Instant Pot pasta and meatballs recipe is for you! You can have a hearty and filling meal ready in minutes with just a few simple ingredients. Plus, the Instant Pot makes cooking pasta so much easier and faster than on the stove. So what are you waiting for? Get started on this easy weeknight dinner today!
Instant Pot Pasta and Meatballs Dinner–This is my kid’s favorite meal. And it’s shortly becoming mine since it takes 7 minutes to make, and both my kids eat it, so it’s a total score.
This is one of the quickest meals you can make in the Instant Pot, and it’s one of my “dump meals,” I love coming home and throwing everything into the Instant Pot and then going to run to do something else. The Instant Pot does all of the work.
Instant Pot Pasta and Meatball Recipe:
While today, I used a bunch of items in my freezer and pantry, you can easily substitute these out for homemade meatballs or gravy. I am a busy gal, and so that means, my two always hungry teenagers are always looking for food. This has been one of my go-to meals since I got my first Instant Pot back in 2017.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Ingredients:
- Meatballs: Frozen Meatballs, you can either use homemade meatballs or frozen meatballs
- Pasta: any type of pasta works, spaghetti, gluten-free, Keto, low-carb or even whole wheat will work in theis recipe. Any kind, penne, spaghetti, or even ziti.
- Marinara Sauce, homemade or store-bought.
How To Cook Frozen Meatballs And Pasta In Instant Pot:
Step One: Add the frozen meatballs to the Instant Pot Bowl. Then Add the water to the Instant Pot Bowl, right on top of the frozen meatballs.
Step 3: Add your pasta to the Instant Pot.
Step 4: Add your pasta sauce, and set the timer for manual high temperature for 7 minutes. When it’s done, do a quick release.
- Place your meatballs on the bottom fo the Instant Pot. In a single layer.
- Add the pasta on top. If you are using spaghetti, break the noodles to fit into your Instant Pot.
- Pour the sauce over the top, so the pasta does not stick.
- Do not stir, otherwise you may get the burn notice. You really want the layers to be separated.
- Feel free to add any seasonings or spices that you want. Some great ones are basil, Italian Seasoning or even minced garlic.
Do I Stir Before Turning On Instant Pot?
As more and more people purchase Instant Pots, there are some common questions that come up time and again. Do I need to stir my food? If so, when do I do it? And what about adding ingredients during cooking?
The truth is that this is a true dump meal, that requires no mixing or sirring. In fact this dish much better without mixing.
Quick Release Or Natural Release of Pressure?
Which do you think is the better option for releasing pressure, quick or natural? Well, there isn’t really a definitive answer as both have their own benefits and drawbacks.
For any pasta or rice dish, I always use the quick release, which will pefectly cook up your pasta. If you let the presure naturally release, you will often find that the pasta becomes rubbery.
Can I Double Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe?
If you’re like me, you love cooking but hate the dishes. That’s where the Instant Pot comes in. This amazing little appliance has made dinner easier than ever. But what if you want to make a double batch of your favorite recipe? Can you do that in the Instant Pot? The answer is yes!
The recipe will work exactly the same, including the timing.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
DO NOT FORGET TO PIN:
Instant Pot Pasta and Meatballs
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 16 ounces pasta, dried
- 3 cups water
- 48 ounces pasta sauce
- Add the meatballs to your Instant Pot, then add the cups of water.
- Pour in the uncooked macaroni and 48 ounces of sauce.
- Set the manual high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, do a quick release. (I have found that if you don’t do a quick release your macaroni gets soggy)
- Open the lid, mix well and scoop into your bowl
- Optional: Garnish with parmesan cheese/spices
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot