Do you love the flavor of freshly cooked corn but don’t have access to fresh cobs? If so, let’s explore an easy and delicious way to cook frozen corn kernels – in your air fryer!
Using your air fryer, we can create a tasty side dish with just minutes of cooking time. This recipe will provide step-by-step instructions on how to cook frozen corn kernels in the air fryer – yielding crunchy pieces of deliciousness that are perfect for piled onto tacos or stored away as snacks!
I am trying to present dishes you might prepare with Thanksgiving coming up. In the Air Frying Group that I run, they talked about making frozen vegetables in the air fryer. So, today I started with one of my family’s favorites at Thanksgiving.
Do you want to know how to make the perfect frozen corn taste amazing? This really easy recipe will make your Thanksgiving or everyday meal a breeze.
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the crisp, sweet corn tasted. This is so easy and so good.
Can You Cook Frozen Corn Kernels In Air Fryer?
Are you wondering if frozen corn kernels can be cooked efficiently in an air fryer? If so, then this recipe is for you! Many households use air fryers to make healthier versions of their favorite fried dishes with much less fat and cholesterol. They are incredibly popular kitchen gadgets that have overtaken the cooking industry.
We will delve into whether or not you can cook frozen corn kernels in an air fryer, as well as offer some tips on how to do it correctly and maximize its potential. Keep reading to learn more about utilizing your air fryer when preparing this delicious vegetable side dish.
Why Cook Frozen Corn Kernels In Air Fryer
Cooking frozen corn kernels in an air fryer has several benefits. Firstly, air frying is a healthier cooking method than other traditional methods like deep-frying or boiling, as it requires less oil and can help retain more nutrients.
Secondly, air frying is a quick and efficient way to cook frozen corn kernels, as it takes less time than boiling or roasting. Finally, air frying can give the corn kernels a crispy texture and a delicious roasted flavor, enhancing their overall taste and making them a great addition to any dish. Therefore, an air fryer is a great option if you want to cook frozen corn kernels quickly and healthily while enjoying their delicious taste.
Ingredients Needed For Cooking Frozen Corn Kernels In Air Fryer
Cooking frozen corn kernels in an air fryer is a great way to get that restaurant-style flavor and texture without deep frying or complex ingredients. Not only does it save time, but this preparation method also allows for the perfect balance of crunchy golden brown outside and the sweet softness of perfectly cooked corn inside. Consider what you’ll need to prepare Frozen Corn Kernels in your Air Fryer!
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page and the nutritional information.
- Frozen Corn Kernels, any brand, Trader Joe’s, Birds Eye, etc.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter
- Granulated Sugar: For some added sweetness
- Seasonings and Spices: Add your favorites; I used kosher salt and parsley today.
How To Cook Corn Kernels In Air Fryer
If you’re looking for an easy and tasty way to make frozen corn, an air fryer is a great tool. It can produce golden-brown, pleasantly crunchy snacks, and ingredients in minutes, making comparatively healthier versions of your favorite deep-fried meals.
In the case of frozen corn kernels, an air fryer allows you to create crispy veggies with notably less fat than traditional frying methods while maintaining a light and flavorful taste that none can resist! Ready to get started? Keep reading below to learn how!
Step One: Prepare Your Corn Kernels
Spray your pan with olive oil. Add the frozen corn to the pan, mix the sugar, and put the butter on top.
Step Two: Air Fry Frozen Corn Kernels
Set the timer to 3 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. When the time is up, stir and air fry for another 3 minutes.
Step Three: Serving
Mix in some dried parsley. Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Tips For Cooking Air Fryer Corn Kernels
Here are some tips to help you cook air fryer corn kernels perfectly:
- Preheat the air fryer: It’s important to preheat the air fryer before adding the frozen corn kernels. This will help ensure that the kernels cook evenly and become crispy.
- Shake the basket: Shaking the basket every few minutes during cooking will help ensure that the corn kernels cook evenly on all sides.
- Use a single layer: Make sure to spread the frozen corn kernels in a single layer in the air fryer basket. This will help them cook evenly and avoid clumping together.
- Add seasoning: Adding some seasoning to the corn kernels before cooking will enhance their flavor. You can use a variety of seasonings, such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, or chili powder, to give them a tasty kick.
- Adjust cooking time: The cooking time may vary depending on the size and quantity of the corn kernels and the type of air fryer you’re using. Therefore, watching them and adjusting the cooking time is essential.
- Check for doneness: Check the corn kernels before removing them from the air fryer. They should be crispy and golden brown; if they’re not fully cooked, continue cooking for another minute or two.
By following these tips, you can cook corn kernels that are crispy, flavorful, and perfectly cooked every time.
Can you cook fresh corn kernels in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook fresh corn kernels in an air fryer. However, the cooking time will be shorter than cooking frozen corn kernels.
Can you use oil when cooking corn kernels in an air fryer?
You can use a small amount of oil to coat the corn kernels before air frying them. This will help give them a crispy texture and enhance their flavor.
How do you store leftover air fryer corn kernels?
If you have any leftover corn kernels, let them cool completely and then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can you cook corn on the cob in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook corn on the cob in an air fryer. Simply place the corn on the cob in the air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 10-15 minutes, flipping the corn halfway through the cooking time.
Do you need to defrost frozen corn kernels before cooking them in an air fryer?
You need not defrost frozen corn kernels before cooking them in an air fryer. Simply spread them out in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook according to the recipe or until they are fully cooked.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
How To Cook Frozen Corn Kernels In The Air Fryer
- 1 pound corn kernels, frozen
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Spray your pan with olive oil.
- Add the frozen corn to the pan, mix in the sugar, and put the butter on top.
- Set the timer to 3 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- When the time is up, stir, and air fry for another 3 minutes.
- Mix in some dried parsley.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan
- Cooking Spray