Learn How To Roast Garlic In An Air Fryer with this simple recipe! This roasted garlic air fryer recipe is the easiest, least fussy way to roast garlic for a ton of different uses and recipes.
Roasted Garlic in the Air Fryer
While I used to occasionally roast garlic in the oven, roasting garlic in the air fryer is much easier. Roasting garlic in the oven used to take forever, and I would only do it around the holidays because who has the time? Now, I toss a few cloves into the air fryer and clean the kitchen or bake something while waiting. Air fryer roasted garlic is effortless and easy.
There are so many things you can do with roasted garlic. Add some spice to your mashed potatoes, put it in soup, or use it to make your own homemade aioli. This roasted garlic in the air fryer makes adding this deep, rich flavor to your recipes so easy!
Why You’ll Love Roasting Garlic in the Air Fryer
- Faster and easier than roasting garlic in an oven
- Versatile recipe you can use in almost anything
- Classic recipe made easy in the air fryer
- Turns out perfectly with simple pantry ingredients
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Garlic in the Air Fryer
Air fryer roasted garlic is an easy yet luxurious way to add a deep, flavorful flair to any recipe. The end result is perfect for storing for later or using immediately!
For complete ingredients and quantities, keep on scrolling until you get to the bottom with a printable recipe card.
- Peeled Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
How to Peel Garlic
I personally prefer to buy my garlic peeled for me, just to add to the convenience and ease of this recipe. However, if you’re a purist who wants to peel your garlic from scratch for this roasted garlic air fryer recipe, there are some simple ways to do it!
Place all of your garlic cloves, along with their papery skin, into a jar and shake it vigorously. This separates the skin from the garlic. Remove the garlic and discard the skins.
If there are any papery pieces left on, simply remove with your hands before continuing on with the recipe.
How To Roast Garlic in an Air Fryer
Step 1: Peel and Season Garlic
If you didn’t buy your garlic pre-peeled, peel and separate your garlic now.
Add your garlic to a piece of foil and drizzle olive oil over it. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper to taste. I season generously, but this is a personal preference.
Step 2: Wrap Tightly & Cook
Wrap the foil up tightly and add to your air fryer basket or tray.
Set the temperature to 370F and roast for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Store or Use
Store until use, or just use it immediately in your favorite recipes!
Tips for the Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- Buy pre-peeled garlic. The beauty of roasting garlic in the air fryer is how easy it is. Make this process even easier and faster by skipping the peeling step!
- Check the garlic for doneness. Your garlic should pierce easily with a knife or fork. If it’s still too hard, re-wrap and cook for another few minutes until it is nice and soft (but not mushy!)
- Be generous with the olive oil and seasonings. When you roast garlic in the air fryer, you’re looking for a rich, deep flavor. The olive oil, salt, and pepper add to this flavor so don’t be afraid to add a few more shakes!
How to Store Roasted Garlic
Store your roasted garlic in a small, sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks if you’re storing it for later. You can also store it for up to a month in the freezer.
I roast garlic in the air fryer almost weekly just so I have it on hand whenever a recipe calls for garlic, because roasted garlic in the air fryer tastes so much better than using plain minced garlic or garlic powder!
What Are the Benefits of Eating Roasted Garlic?
Air fryer roasted garlic has a ton of health benefits in addition to being super tasty! Roasted garlic offers high amounts of antioxidants which may boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and protect from chronic disease. Many also say it’s great for heart health and that its antibacterial properties are good for fighting off infection.
Can You Eat Too Much Roasted Garlic?
It is possible! Garlic can directly stimulate your digestive tract and damage your stomach lining. That can cause uncomfortable symptoms like heartburn, flatulence, or even ulcers.
That being said, you have to eat quite a lot of it to develop these symptoms! 1-2 cloves a day can have the above health benefits, and most people aren’t eating more than that.
Can You Put a Whole Garlic Head in the Air Fryer?
This roasted garlic air fryer recipe calls for cloves rather than a whole head because I find that I like how it turns out better.
However, you can roast full heads of garlic in the air fryer the same way you would roast a full head of garlic in the oven. Many air fryers will even fit more than one head at once!
More Great Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- AIR FRYER SPINACH AND FETA STROMBOLI
- EASY AIR FRYER VEGAN FLAUTAS
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FOIL PACKETS
Some Helpful Products Used In Making This Recipe:
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
How to Roast Garlic in an Air Fryer
- 1 cup peeled garlic
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add your garlic to a piece of foil, drizzle olive oil over it, and add some salt and pepper.
- Wrap up tight and add to your air fryer basket or tray.
- Set the temperature to 370 degrees F for 15 minutes
- Store until use. Or use it in your favorite recipes!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional