Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders — Are you looking for a delicious yet simple recipe for your air fryer? Look no further than these honey garlic chicken tenders! This tasty dish will surely please everyone in the family while providing an easy-to-make meal that can be cooked in no time.
The combination of sweet and savory flavors never goes wrong and will have everyone begging for more. Plus, with just four ingredients, this is a dish that anyone can make – from experienced home cooks to novice chefs. Read on to learn how to create the perfect crispy golden coating using only healthy ingredients!
Best Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Tender Recipe
Indulge in the irresistible sweet and savory flavors with the Best Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders Recipe. These tender, juicy chicken strips are coated in a delectable honey garlic glaze and cooked to perfection in the air fryer, creating a healthier and fuss-free alternative to traditional fried chicken tenders.
In this recipe, we’ll walk you through the easy steps to create a mouthwatering dish that will leave your taste buds craving more. Get ready to savor the perfect balance of honey sweetness and garlic zing in every bite as we take your chicken tender game to a new level with the magic of air frying!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
Are you ready to experience a healthier alternative to restaurant-style honey garlic chicken tenders? With the help of an air fryer, you can whip up these delicious mouthwatering treats in your kitchen! To ensure maximum flavor and crunchy textures, we’ve collected a list of all the ingredients and instructions for making this tasty meal. So get your grocery list ready – yummy honey garlic chicken tenders await you!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken Tenders: Fresh chicken tenders or boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into tender-sized strips are the foundation of this recipe. Pat them dry with a paper towel to ensure a crispy coating.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is used as the first coating for chicken tenders. It helps the honey garlic glaze adhere to the chicken while air frying.
- Salt and Pepper: Season the flour with Kosher salt and black pepper to add a subtle seasoning to the chicken tenders.
- Honey: The star of the show! Use good-quality honey to achieve a luscious sweetness in the honey garlic glaze.
- Soy Sauce: Low-sodium soy sauce combines honey and garlic with a savory umami flavor.
- Minced Garlic: Fresh minced garlic enhances the honey garlic glaze with its aromatic and bold taste.
- Olive Oil: A small amount of olive oil is used to lightly coat the chicken tenders before air frying, helping to achieve a golden, crispy texture.
Optional Ingredients for Garnish:
- Sesame Seeds: Toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on the chicken tenders add a delightful nutty flavor and visual appeal.
- Chopped Green Onions: Freshly chopped green onions provide a pop of color and a mild flavor to enhance the overall presentation.
How To Make Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders In Air Fryer
Have you been looking for a new way to jazz up your favorite chicken dish? Look no further – honey garlic chicken tenders served with an air fryer will surely be a hit! These succulent and juicy chicken tender morsels have the perfect balance of sweet and savory, thanks to the combination of honey and garlic. Plus, using an air fryer means they cook faster than traditional methods, making them ready in just minutes.
Ready to turn your ordinary dinner into something extraordinary? Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on making these delicious honey garlic chicken tenders in an air fryer!
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
Prepare the Chicken Tenders: Pat dry the chicken tenders with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. This step ensures a crispy coating.
Coat the Chicken Tenders: In a shallow dish, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper. Dip each chicken tender into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
Air Fry the Chicken Tenders: Lightly brush the air fryer basket with olive oil to prevent sticking. Place the coated chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between each piece for even cooking.
Air Fry in Batches: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the chicken tenders in batches to avoid overcrowding. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and a less crispy texture.
Prepare the Honey Garlic Glaze: In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, low-sodium soy sauce, and minced garlic until well combined.
Cook Time: Cook the chicken tenders in the preheated air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The chicken tenders should be golden brown and cooked through.
Dip and Coat: Dip each flour-coated chicken tender into the honey garlic glaze, ensuring it’s evenly coated. Allow any excess glaze to drip off.
Optional Garnish: If desired, sprinkle the cooked chicken tenders with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions for added flavor and presentation.
Serve and Enjoy: Once all the chicken tenders are cooked and garnished (if using), transfer them to a serving platter. Serve the Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders hot and enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce, salad, or side dishes.
Here are some pro tips to help you make the best Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders in the air fryer:
- Pounding the Chicken: If your chicken tenders are thick, consider pounding them slightly with a meat mallet or the back of a heavy knife to ensure even cooking and a more tender texture.
- Preheating the Air Fryer: Preheating the air fryer is crucial for achieving a crispy exterior on the chicken tenders. Allow the air fryer to preheat for a few minutes before adding the chicken.
- Coat Evenly: When dipping the chicken tenders in the honey garlic glaze, ensure they are evenly coated on all sides. This will result in a more flavorful and well-balanced dish.
- Resting Time: After coating the chicken tenders, let them rest for a few minutes on a wire rack before air frying. This allows the coating to adhere better to the chicken, resulting in a crispier finish.
- Cooking in Batches: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Cook the chicken tenders in batches, leaving some space between each piece to allow for even air circulation and browning.
- Lightly Oil the Basket: Brush the air fryer basket with olive oil before placing the chicken tenders. This prevents sticking and promotes a golden and crispy crust.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Cooking times may vary based on the air fryer model and the thickness of the chicken tenders. Keep a close eye on the tenders to avoid overcooking and drying them out.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: To ensure the chicken tenders are fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken is safe when it reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Customize the Glaze: Feel free to adjust the sweetness or garlic level in the honey garlic glaze to suit your taste preferences. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a subtle kick if desired.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve the Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders with your favorite dipping sauces like barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, or sweet chili sauce. They also pair well with rice, salad, or steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
With these pro tips, you’ll elevate your Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders to a new level, delighting your family and friends with a delicious and wholesome air-fried dish! Enjoy the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors with a crispy texture. Happy air frying!
Can I use frozen chicken tenders for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken tenders for this recipe. However, it’s essential to thaw them completely before coating and air frying. Thawing the chicken tenders allows for more even cooking and better adherence to the coating.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Absolutely! To make this recipe gluten-free, replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free blend or almond flour. Ensure all other ingredients, including the soy sauce, are gluten-free.
Can I marinate the chicken tenders in the honey garlic glaze?
While marinating the chicken tenders is unnecessary for this recipe, you can certainly do so for added flavor. If you marinate, refrigerate the chicken tenders in the glaze for at least 30 minutes before coating and air frying.
How do I prevent the honey garlic glaze from burning in the air fryer?
Avoid placing the chicken tenders too close to the heating element to prevent the glaze from burning. Adjust the air fryer temperature if needed and monitor the tenders during cooking.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken tenders?
You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken tenders. Ensure the chicken thighs are cut into evenly sized strips for even cooking.
How do I achieve a crispier texture for the chicken tenders?
To achieve a crispier texture, lightly coat the chicken tenders with cooking spray before air frying. This will help promote browning and crisping of the outer coating.
Can I make the honey garlic glaze in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the honey garlic glaze in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow it to come to room temperature before coating the chicken tenders.
How long should I preheat the air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C) before adding the chicken tenders. Preheating ensures even cooking and helps achieve a crispy exterior.
Can I reheat leftovers of the Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders?
Yes, you can reheat leftovers of the chicken tenders in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes until heated through. This will help maintain their crispy texture.
Can I use bone-in chicken pieces for this recipe?
While bone-in chicken pieces can be used, the cooking time will be longer than for boneless chicken tenders. Ensure the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) when cooking bone-in pieces.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER BREAKFAST COOKIES
- AIR FRYER VEGGIE AND EGG BITE CUPS (KETO AND LOW-CARB)
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COBBLER FOR TWO
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
- lb chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 dgrees F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Pat dry the chicken tenders with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. This step ensures a crispy coating.
- In a shallow dish, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper. Dip each chicken tender into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Lightly brush the air fryer basket with olive oil to prevent sticking. Place the coated chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between each piece for even cooking.
- Cook the chicken tenders in the preheated air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The chicken tenders should be golden brown and cooked through
- Dip each flour-coated chicken tender into the honey garlic glaze, ensuring it's evenly coated. Allow any excess glaze to drip off.
- If desired, sprinkle the cooked chicken tenders with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions for added flavor and presentation.
Prepare the Honey Garlic Glaze:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, low-sodium soy sauce, and minced garlic until well combined.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional